• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I am having a challenge where I need to, with one button click, clone a record and then change the record type of the original record.   This is on a custom object called Employee.  My record types are “Current” and “Historical”.  Ideally I will have an employee record the is “Current” that needs updated and my HR manager will go to that record.  She will then push a button that will convert that record to the “Historical” record type and clone the new employee record to the “Current” record type. 

Any help or ideas on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
I am having a challenge where I need to, with one button click, clone a record and then change the record type of the original record.   This is on a custom object called Employee.  My record types are “Current” and “Historical”.  Ideally I will have an employee record the is “Current” that needs updated and my HR manager will go to that record.  She will then push a button that will convert that record to the “Historical” record type and clone the new employee record to the “Current” record type. 

Any help or ideas on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.