• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Guys,

I have created a custom button that when clicked will trigger an email that will allow my sales team members to request and account.

My issue is that I would like to have this button, "Request Account" disabled after the email is sent so that there are not multiple requests for the same account. I would also like the button to reappear after I have made the transfer.

What is the best way to do this?

I am new to creating custom buttons and I am wondering how I might be able to trigger a workflow when a custom button is clicked.

My end goal is to have a button in the account object that reads "Request Account", when clicked I would like the button to trigger a workflow that will will fill in three fields:
1. A check box that reads "Requested Account"
2. A text field that will automatically fill in with the name of the user that has clicked the "Request Account" custom button
3. A auto fill in date field that fills in with the date the button was clicked.

At the same time I would also like the buttons clicks to trigger an email automation that will send directly to my email when the button is clicked.

How would I set up this entire process including the auto fill in fields.