• Member since 2017
  • Solutionist

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
For communities, I'm trying to show certain elements based on their profile. To get the profile of a logged in user I was planning on using a contact ID field. Here is the code:
SELECT BiRetix_Toolkit__c, AesthetiCare_Cleansers_Toolkit__c, EDS_Toolkit__c, Endocare_CELLPRO_Toolkit__c, Endocare_Concentrates_Toolkit__c,Endocare_Growth_Factor_Facials__c, Endocare_Tensage_Toolkit__c, Endocare_C_Ferulic_Toolkit__c, ENDYMED_Toolkit__c, G_T_Peels_Toolkit__c, Heliocare_360_Toolkit__c, NeoRettin_Toolkit__c, NeoRetin_Rejuvemax_Toolkit__c, Retriderm_Toolkit__c 
FROM Contact 
WHERE Contact_ID__c 
IN (SELECT ContactId FROM User WHERE username=:UserInfo.getUsername())
However this gives an error:
The left operand field in the where expression for outer query should be an id field, cannot use: 'Contact_ID__c'

Can anyone help me resolve this issue please?

Hello all,

I have below query which should only pick records which have assets created on or after 2018-01-01 and ((LastModifiedDate >= 2018-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000 and LastModifiedDate <= 2018-01-13T08:00:00.000+0000) OR (Last_Integration_Run_Date__c = null))

SELECT Id,Related_Opportunity__r.Id,Related_Opportunity__r.DRG_Order_ID__c, SBQQ__ReferenceContract__r.ERP_Order_ID__c,SBQQ__ReferenceContract__r.Quoted_Currency__c FROM Asset WHERE SBQQ__ReferenceContract__c != '' and Account.Id != '' and Related_Opportunity__r.Finance_Approved__c = true and ERP_DoNotIntegrate__c = false and CreatedDate>=2018-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000 AND ((LastModifiedDate >= 2018-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000 and LastModifiedDate <= 2018-01-13T08:00:00.000+0000) OR (Last_Integration_Run_Date__c = null))

But the above query is also picking assets created before 2018-01-01, can some please let me know if anything is missing in my query which is making it to pick assets which are created before 2018-01-01.

Any help is highly appriciated since this is urgent.

Best Regards,
Sridhar
I need some help creating a SOQL query or confirmation that it cannot be done. The requirements are as follows:
  1. Custom Object 1 has a relation to Cases.
  2. Custom Object 2 has a relation to Cases.
  3. Selection criteria for the query are available only in Custom Object 1.
  4. I need all of Custom Object 2 related to the Cases that are related to the selected list of Custom Object 1.
  5. It needs to be done in a single SOQL query.
This will be called using Informatica and I do not have permission to make changes to the schemas or processes in Salesforce to make this simpler. I also do not have access to a database to sync with Custom Object 2 and use it as a lookup to do it cleanly in two queries. The current approach is to get all of Custom Object 2 and use it as a lookup, which is not scalable.
Thanks in advance for your input and assistance.

All,

I am on a Windows 10 laptop with the latest patches and updates from Microsoft Version 10.0.18363. When I attempt to Authorize an Org it opens Google Chrome Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit). I login using the login I've been using successfully since yesterday, I get the prompt to Allow Access, and it just hangs. I am currently running VS Code Version: 1.53.2. I have the Salesforce Extension Pack v51.2.0, and the same for the Salesforce CLI Integration.
I'm using sfdcLoginUrl = https://test.salesforce.com
When I execute the Authorize an Org it sends me to the following URL provided I have Revoked the previous attempt: https://<my_org_name>/setup/secur/RemoteAccessAuthorizationPage.apexp?source="very long string"

1. I am unable to find port 1717 running using suggestions previously mentioned.
2. I have uninstalled VS Code twice and deleted everything the second time before re-installing.
3. I have switched the Default browser to Edge each time and this doesn't work. I even tried IE once!!
4. I look for node.js running and if I kill that process the web browser immediately throws me into the unable to open local port 1717.
5. I've tried sfdx auth:web:login instead of sfdx force:auth:web:login and this does not work.
6. After the failed attempts I Revoke the Salesforce CLI found under my login ID.
7. In my troubleshooting I've seen OAuth Error
8. I have set the Google Chrome to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode as well. This doesn't help either.
9. I added the C:\Windows\System32 to the PATH environment variable as well.

What am I missing here. Can someone please advise?
Thank you.
I have run into a problem with component visibility using the toggle button feature in flow screen components.  When using the native Salesforce toggle button, I cannot set the visibility components based on the value of the toggle button.

I have established a toggle button titled togShowHide.  I have set a component visibility based on the following:

User-added imageThe problem is, the toggle does not do anything when activated or deactivated to change this component visability - and the visibility is always OFF.

When I reversed everything, making the toggle button active (true) by default, and setting components to display when the value was true, the components will display.  

What it looks like to me, is that the flow components will only allow you to filter the visibility by a variable or other resource that is TRUE.  It just doesn't work with a false value.  In fact, the component won't display at all.

HOWEVER, when I do the same actions using a checkbox, I can filter a flow screen component to display either on a TRUE value or a FALSE value.

Is this a bug, or normal behavior for the toggle component?
I have created 2 new Apex classes and several VF pages to deploy to our production environment. These are needed for our Go-Live on January 22 but I am not able to deploy for further UX testing because Salesforce is complaining that our code coverage is only 59% on deployment from Sandbox. When I run the test in "Setup>Apex Text Execution" it says our Code Coverage is 79%.

I am currently doing a full run of all Apex Test classes, it's currently at 550/2758 with 39 failures. We use a managed application called PatronManager, but I'm not sure if managed packages and their unit tests are the culprit in this. Am I missing something? 
After an opportunity is started, we are looking at setting a 30 day timer on “needs follow up.” Basically, if an opportunity goes into “needs follow up” and an order is not placed in 30 days, we want it to automatically be marked as “close lost”
Hi SF world,

My requirment is to create exact copy of 1 salesforce instance to another including every setting like pagelayout, custom setting, meta data, custom code, 3rd party installed packages, data etc, similar way like full copy sandbox does but i want to clone develper edition.

I know one option is to do it manually using IDE or ANT it is very time consuming, is there any way i can do it more quickly?

Thanks 
Anurag Jain
For communities, I'm trying to show certain elements based on their profile. To get the profile of a logged in user I was planning on using a contact ID field. Here is the code:
SELECT BiRetix_Toolkit__c, AesthetiCare_Cleansers_Toolkit__c, EDS_Toolkit__c, Endocare_CELLPRO_Toolkit__c, Endocare_Concentrates_Toolkit__c,Endocare_Growth_Factor_Facials__c, Endocare_Tensage_Toolkit__c, Endocare_C_Ferulic_Toolkit__c, ENDYMED_Toolkit__c, G_T_Peels_Toolkit__c, Heliocare_360_Toolkit__c, NeoRettin_Toolkit__c, NeoRetin_Rejuvemax_Toolkit__c, Retriderm_Toolkit__c 
FROM Contact 
WHERE Contact_ID__c 
IN (SELECT ContactId FROM User WHERE username=:UserInfo.getUsername())
However this gives an error:
The left operand field in the where expression for outer query should be an id field, cannot use: 'Contact_ID__c'

Can anyone help me resolve this issue please?

I am looking to auto populate lead source based on a certain user role and am having trouble figuring it out. I tried process builder and other methods with no luck. Any advice?
Hello everyone,

Newbie here. I would love to get some of your thoughts and feedbeek on this solution. I was assign a task when If a new Lead was created and there was an existing Contact with a matching email address then assign the Lead to the same Owner as the original Contact.  I was able to accomplish by using the process builder and visual workflow via this blog: https://alearningdiary.com/2017/11/12/assign-a-lead-in-salesforce-based-on-existing-contact-owner/ I would like to know if this is an adequate solution or should this logic be written in a lead trigger apex code? Reason I'm asking is one of my team member is concern is that when doing list imports of leads in bulk that it will hit SOQL query errors due to the process builder not being bulkified. Again would appreciate your thoughts/solutions.
Hello,
I am trying to switch to the lightning interface. And to be honnest this is a real nightmare, all the things that we have learned on the classic is not available easily in the new lightning experience.
From a user perspective, this is nice and wonderful, lots of color, quite a futurist look and feel, until someone wants to customize... and then Bang the nightmare begins, there are no user customization possible, everything is done via apps. and there is a need to do customization per profile. And the user cannot do any modifications... or at least not what I could see.

Right now I am trying for myself (Profile System Administrator) to simply change my home page, not the content of the page, but simply the app that provides me the upper layer of tabs. I have spent hours to look in google and the forum and the documentation... apparently I need:

1) search the profile to change
2) Change the default app for that profile
3) logout & login
4) the default app should be there.

In reality, my default app for my profile is stuck to the same default app that I want to remove... I am really desperate and frustrated, The things that should be simple, ergonomics and simple are overly complicated, especially if it doesn't work.

So please, could you help me? I just want to change

1) the default when I log in the web interface (no mobile, just the simple browser)
2) And also change the content that appears under the tabs... even if I have changed them, the end result is that nothing has changed.

Thank you in advance,
Alessandro
We can’t log you in because of the following error.
REGISTRATION_HANDLER_ERROR: ACCESS_DENIE​D_ap5.salesforce.com
Hi,
I need to display Iframe in my lightning component.
This is one of  my components:

<aura:component controller="LeadCollectorController" >

<aura:attribute name="theLead" 
        type="Lead" 
        default="{ 'sobjectType': 'Lead',
                   'Rating__c': 2,
                   'Company': '',
                   'FirstName': '',
                   'LastName': '',
                   'Email': '' }"/>
    <form>
        <fieldset class="slds-box slds-container--fluid">

<ui:inputText value="{!v.theLead.Company}" label="Company" class="input"/>
        <ui:inputText value="{!v.theLead.FirstName}" label="First" class="input"/>
        <ui:inputText value="{!v.theLead.LastName}" label="Last" class="input" />
        <ui:inputEmail value="{!v.theLead.Email}" label="Email" class="input" />
        <ui:button label="Save" press="{!c.save}"/>
        </fieldset>
    </form>

<iframe height="400px" id="theIframe" name="theIframe" src="https://www.google.com/maps" width="80%" title ="prova"></iframe>

</aura:component>
This is the App:​

<aura:application access="GLOBAL" extends="ltng:outApp">
    <aura:dependency resource="c:leadCollector"/>
</aura:application>
This is the VFP:

<apex:page standardController="Lead"  standardStylesheets="false" sidebar="false"  applyBodyTag="false" >
    <apex:includeScript value="/lightning/lightning.out.js" />
    <apex:includeLightning />

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" lang="en"/>

<script>
        $Lightning.use("c:leadCollectionApp", function() {
            $Lightning.createComponent(
                "c:leadCollector",
                {},
                "theLead",
                function(cmp) {
                    console.log("Component created!");
                    console.log(cmp);
                });
            });
    </script>

<div id="theLead"></div>

</apex:page>
When I load the page I can see only the form but not the Iframe.
If I use Chrome or Firefox I see only a blank space.
If I use Internet Explorer I read the error in the screenshot.
User-added image
Can you help me please?
Thanks.
Michele renda

Hi there,

What would be a suitable handover document to expect from a developer who has just completed an integration with a backend system and Salesforce? It's a fairly big custom integration and we wanted to make sure that we have documentation so that we could give it to another developer and they could get up and running with it quickly. There isn't much of a design document for this project. Would anyone have an examples of this kind of document or templates etc. Any direction would be greatly
appreciated.  
Hi all,

When you look for the name of a record in a lookup in Lightning, it gives you as result only the records you recently viewed.
I was reading that some users reporting the same problem, were able to use wildcards and find the desired results.
I tried using wildcards for my search but this was pointless. For example: M*, *, M?r

Is there something I am missing here so I am even not able to use wildcards when searching in the lookup?.

Note: I won't select answers only pointing to Salesforce Documentation or copy/paste from other sides as best answers.

Hello all,

I have below query which should only pick records which have assets created on or after 2018-01-01 and ((LastModifiedDate >= 2018-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000 and LastModifiedDate <= 2018-01-13T08:00:00.000+0000) OR (Last_Integration_Run_Date__c = null))

SELECT Id,Related_Opportunity__r.Id,Related_Opportunity__r.DRG_Order_ID__c, SBQQ__ReferenceContract__r.ERP_Order_ID__c,SBQQ__ReferenceContract__r.Quoted_Currency__c FROM Asset WHERE SBQQ__ReferenceContract__c != '' and Account.Id != '' and Related_Opportunity__r.Finance_Approved__c = true and ERP_DoNotIntegrate__c = false and CreatedDate>=2018-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000 AND ((LastModifiedDate >= 2018-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000 and LastModifiedDate <= 2018-01-13T08:00:00.000+0000) OR (Last_Integration_Run_Date__c = null))

But the above query is also picking assets created before 2018-01-01, can some please let me know if anything is missing in my query which is making it to pick assets which are created before 2018-01-01.

Any help is highly appriciated since this is urgent.

Best Regards,
Sridhar
Hi All, 

Maybe I am missing something but I am going around in cirlces with the Contacts without Hobbies report. I have: 

1. Created a custom report type to get Contacts without hobbies 
2. Created an Account Value bucket field
3. Create a % Open Opps Formula 
4. Added First Name, Last Name, Total Opp Value, Open Opp Value, Phone, Email, %Open Opps to the report 
5. Summarised by Account Value then Account 

And im still getting an error: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly.

I have added screenshots of all the pieces - hoping someone else has hit this issue 

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image