• 10 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
On the Case object we have the standard lookup field to the standard Account object. I also added a field called "Login_ID__c". We have this same field (Login_ID__c) in the Account object as well. Now when the user enters a Login ID in the case object, based on the value in the Login ID field it should auto populate the Account lookup field because each Account record has a unique Login ID. I have tried using a workflow and process builder but to no avail. From what I’ve researched, I think it’s possible to do this with an apex trigger but I am not familiar with apex at all. Can anybody help me out or offer any insight? Thank you.

On the Case object we have the standard lookup field to the standard Account object. I also added a field called "Login_ID__c". We have this same field (Login_ID__c) in the Account object as well. Now when the user enters a Login ID in the case object, based on the value in the Login ID field it should auto populate the Account lookup field because each Account record has a unique Login ID. I have tried using a workflow and process builder but to no avail. From what I’ve researched, I think it’s possible to do this with an apex trigger but I am not familiar with apex at all. Can anybody help me out or offer any insight? Thank you.