• Member since 2017
  • Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, I am trying to add an email link so that internal users can click on the link and email support for helpdesk answers. Is there a syntax that I can use to make this possible as a custom link in a custom component? Thanks in advance!
Hello all, thank you in advance! I have an interesting problem, and I am trying to work through it. 

I have two lookup fields on a child object of Account. One is for a US agent, and the other is for a World agent.  Depending on which one of these lookups is manually populated, I need to update a lookup field on the parent case with the correct lookup field from the child. The field on the parent account is essentially the top agent for the Account. I can build the validation as to which field's value will be used in the update.  

I originally tried to do this with a formula field on Account which worked, but the Lookup field on the account is being used in way too many other classes to remove and replace with a new field type. I have to be able to solve this with code, as I also cannot use process builder in this org. Any advice on how to start would be much appreciated! Thank you again!
Hello, 
Currently I am struggling to get the Group Name to show up in a chatter feed that automatically creates a Case when that Group Name is @mentioned. Right now the feed displays the record type, which is easily queried with the case when it is created in the triggerHandler. However, retrieving the group name that the feed post is going to seems to be a much taller task. Any thoughts on how I can query this info from within a case query or otherwise? Thanks in advance! 
Hello All, 

I have an issue where I have a case owner that only works on cases from one account. I have a situation where occasionally that user needs to change ownership to either another person or ONLY the queue that is also only associated to that specific account. Currenly, these users each have a profile that specifically links their access rights to that account and its associated cases.

When the user attempts to switch an owner, they are allowed to move the case freely between all the users and all of the queues available, which is a serious security problem for my model.

Is there a way to restrict which queue a case can be transferred to? What would be the best way to start solving this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Hello, 

My trailhead wont let be beat this challenge. I says:

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Opportunity_Progress__c' formula field does not exist or is not of type 'Number'"

Heres my code:

IF( Percent_Completed__c <=  0.25, "Early", IF( Percent_Completed__c  <= 0.75, "Middle", "Late" ) )

(TODAY() -DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/ (CloseDate-DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))

What am I doing wrong? The top formula outputs as text, bottom one is a percent

Thank you for help!

Hello all, thank you in advance! I have an interesting problem, and I am trying to work through it. 

I have two lookup fields on a child object of Account. One is for a US agent, and the other is for a World agent.  Depending on which one of these lookups is manually populated, I need to update a lookup field on the parent case with the correct lookup field from the child. The field on the parent account is essentially the top agent for the Account. I can build the validation as to which field's value will be used in the update.  

I originally tried to do this with a formula field on Account which worked, but the Lookup field on the account is being used in way too many other classes to remove and replace with a new field type. I have to be able to solve this with code, as I also cannot use process builder in this org. Any advice on how to start would be much appreciated! Thank you again!
Hello, 

My trailhead wont let be beat this challenge. I says:

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Opportunity_Progress__c' formula field does not exist or is not of type 'Number'"

Heres my code:

IF( Percent_Completed__c <=  0.25, "Early", IF( Percent_Completed__c  <= 0.75, "Middle", "Late" ) )

(TODAY() -DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/ (CloseDate-DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))

What am I doing wrong? The top formula outputs as text, bottom one is a percent

Thank you for help!