• SFDC Admin
  • BBVA compass

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Anyone here has recertified a commerce cloud cartridge?
Hello All, I am an Admin and learning to be a developer. This might sound silly but I want to make sure I perform this action in right way to get results. 
Is there a different "call Center definition file" for Lightening call center. I have this link which I found in trailhead -
https://developer.salesforce.com/files/callcenter.xml
Why I am asking is, 
Like there is different OPEN CTI component for Classic and Lightening. 

Have someone Created  a MVP app for Call Intelligence with the tools and technologies using :-
Salesforce Lightning
Artificial Intelligence
Mobility
Please share your experience. 
Thanks

I have created a new App for one of trailhead assignment:- Admin Intermediate>  Build a Battle Station App> Create Reports and Dashboards
 However, when I went ahead to create 'New Report' the tab is not available. What should I check for, all my setting are fine and have "allow report" is checked on each object. 
Please help. Here is screenshot
New Report button missing on Report
Admin Beginner | Salesforce1 Mobile Customization |Create Object-Specific Quick Actions
error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find the 'Enter Feedback' quick action in the publisher for the 'Showing Layout' layout.
More than 20 hours and still struggling to get through this. Please help. 
trailhead Quick cation
Is there any logic behind creating a report for a custom object with a junction object which also has M/D relationship with the contact. Here is the field needed across different Object from Training App:-
Contact - Contact Name
Trainings(Custom Object) - Training Name, Training Type, Training Date, No of Attendee(Roll up summary)
Attendee (Custom Junction Object) - Attendee no. 
Objects

Report with no record
Any help and suggestion would be appreciated
Is this the right order of execution in Salesforce with these options? If not please suggest. Thanks
1. system validation rules
2. Executes all before trigger
3. Custom Validation Rule
4. Execute all after trigger
5.Execute assignment rule
6. Execute Auto response rule
7. Execute workflow rule
8. Execute escalation rules

Hi Trailblazers,
1. I did create a permission set and assigned it to the user like it was mentioned. 
2. Even logged in using the two-factor authentication method, but not through Salesforce Authenticator app( because that option never came in 10 times I logged In/out), I got through OTP on the phone. 
3. On identity history, I can see the transactions as well. 
However, still, it is showing challenge not complete. Is there any reason another way to validate it. 
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Could not find a user's successful login using two-factor authentication. Make sure you successfully log in at least once and that you are prompted for the second factor of authentication."

To Crosscheck, 
1. I did make sure I am verifying and logged in in right org.
2. Checked that the user/Profile defined on permission set and user login are same.
3.  Did cross-check on session setting as well.

I think the solution would be, to verify by Salesforce Authenticator App. But how to get that option when login from the desktop.

Hi all

A few days ago I've applied for a Salesforce partnership, still no aswer.
How much time it make take till I receive an answer?

Salesforce.com currently has a pending Partner Signup request for your organization. Once that is approved, the requester will be able to grant you access to the Partner Portal and Partner Community. See the FAQs for more information.
I have created a new App for one of trailhead assignment:- Admin Intermediate>  Build a Battle Station App> Create Reports and Dashboards
 However, when I went ahead to create 'New Report' the tab is not available. What should I check for, all my setting are fine and have "allow report" is checked on each object. 
Please help. Here is screenshot
New Report button missing on Report
Admin Beginner | Salesforce1 Mobile Customization |Create Object-Specific Quick Actions
error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find the 'Enter Feedback' quick action in the publisher for the 'Showing Layout' layout.
More than 20 hours and still struggling to get through this. Please help. 
trailhead Quick cation
Hi Gang. My Business partner and I submitted an application to become a partner (and get the two licences) 5 weeks ago. We believe that all required documentation has been submitted correctly.  
Unfortunately I have not had any update nor have I had success contacting anyone at SF. I am also unable to open a case on their web site as it required me to be a partner to open a case, to which I am currently not. I have also tried calling in and the sales reps are not sure where to transfer my call for the partner department.

Does anyone have any advise or contacts to help me out? I would love to get my account activated as I am excited to become a partner.

If anyone has any words of wisdom, I would appreciate it.
The "Search in Files" feature is particularly irritating because it doesn't search components.
Also, the debug logs won't show the last few lines without jumping back up the list.
The "Search"  box overlays the horizontal scroll bar.

Looking for a Salesforce Developer in Salt Lake City, UT to join our team. Apply below. There is no need to reply to this.

https://celtic-bank.workable.com/jobs/829593

Looking for a knowledgeable Salesforce developer for consulting/project work.
We are looking for a Salesforce developer to participate in several adhoc projects. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and qualifications:
  •     Superior written and verbal communciation skills
  •     Thorough knowledge of the salesforce platform 
  •     Experience writing Visualforce pages and developing Apex code
  •     Familiar with process builder and visual flows
  •     Well versed in the transition from classic experience to lightning
  •     U.S. citizen 
Please no 3rd party consulting firms. This is a direct client to consultant project W9. If interested, please reply or fill out an application & personality assessment here.

Hi all. I'm very new to the CTI theme so please excuse me if the question is stupid.

I'm trying to understand how a random telephony system becomes able to communicate with a browser directly. I just don't get it. SalesForce claims that no CTI adapters needed anymore. OK.

Suppose I have an asterisk (3com, panasonic, whatever...) telephony system. Here goes incoming call. What happens next? Can it really send a message to browser (via websockets or what) ?

I doubt that telephony systems can "talk" JS even if there is an active connection from browser to the telephony system somehow. So I guess that there still must be a CTI adapter (middleware), that can talk to telephony system with some TAPI AND can talk to browser with JS through websockets for instanse. And that middleware should be written by me. But the benefit of such an adapter that it doesn't need to be installed at any agent's computer but can be hosted at a server. Right?

I just don't get it how can it work without any middleware and I can't find any explanation on theinternet.

Thanks.

• May 29, 2013

Can someone tell me the obvious and silly mistake I am making?

trigger GoItemfromAsset on SchedInt__c (before update) { if(Trigger.isUpdate) { for(SchedInt__c s : Trigger.new) { if (s.ItemFromAsset__c==true) { ItemfromAsset.createItemfromAsset(); } } }}

The class is as follows: 

public with sharing class ItemfromAsset {

public static Map<id, Asset> getAssetToCreateItem() {

DateTime dT = System.now();
        String myDate = dT.format('d');
        Decimal myDay = decimal.valueOf(myDate);

List<Asset> asts =  [select id, name, AccountId, Billing_Product__c, Quantity 
                                from asset 
                                where Day__c = :myDay
                                and Status = 'Active'];
        Map<id, Asset> result = new Map<id, Asset>();
        for (Asset ast : asts) {
            result.put(ast.id, ast);
        }
        return result;
    }

public static void createItemsfromAsset() {

DateTime dT = System.now();
        String myDate = dT.format('d');
        Decimal myDay = decimal.valueOf(myDate);

Map<id, Asset> AssetIdToItem = getAssetToCreateItem();
        system.debug('got AssetIdToItem map of size ' + AssetIdToItem.size());

Map<id, Asset> idToAsset = new Map<id,Asset>();

List<Item__c> Items = new List<Item__c>(); 

List<Asset> assets = [select id, name, AccountId, Billing_Product__c, Quantity 
                                from asset 
                                where Day__c = :myDay 
                                and Status = 'Installed'];
        System.debug('***** accounts returned = ' + assets.size());

insert items;

Map<id,id> astToItem = new Map<id, id>();
        System.debug('***** about to iterate throught the items');

for (Item__c currItem : items) {
            astToItem.put(currItem.asset__c, currItem.id);
            System.debug('***** accid/invid = ' + currItem.account__c + '/' + currItem.id);
        }
        }
        }

Message Edited by Ross James on 03-01-2010 07:54 PM
Message Edited by Ross James on 03-01-2010 07:55 PM