• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've read many postings about using Eclipse with the Force.com IDE to orchestrate the deletion of Apex triggers and classes in production. However, within the Developer Workbench (Info-->Metadata Types & Components), I can select my class or trigger, hover over its Id, and delete the object. When I do this in my sandbox, I can confirm that the class and trigger were indeed deleted (that is, they aren't visible any longer in the UI). Is it possible that deleting classes and triggers can be this simple in Production? I feel like this is a trap! By the way, I did confirm that when I log into the workbench attached to my prod environment, I *do* still have the delete option. I'm just nervous to pull the, um, trigger. Has anybody tried this? What, exactly, am I deleting? 
I've read many postings about using Eclipse with the Force.com IDE to orchestrate the deletion of Apex triggers and classes in production. However, within the Developer Workbench (Info-->Metadata Types & Components), I can select my class or trigger, hover over its Id, and delete the object. When I do this in my sandbox, I can confirm that the class and trigger were indeed deleted (that is, they aren't visible any longer in the UI). Is it possible that deleting classes and triggers can be this simple in Production? I feel like this is a trap! By the way, I did confirm that when I log into the workbench attached to my prod environment, I *do* still have the delete option. I'm just nervous to pull the, um, trigger. Has anybody tried this? What, exactly, am I deleting? 
I am not a developer but I am supposed to trouble shoot this apex trigger error. Can someone help let me know what I need to change in the code to fix it? 

Error:Apex trigger RHX_Turbine_Config caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: RHX_Turbine_Config: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: Class.rh2.AggregateFunctionWorker.handleMultipicklistValues: line 23, column 1

Code:

1 trigger RHX_Turbine_Config on Turbine_Config__c
2    (after delete, after insert, after undelete, after update, before delete) {
3     Type rollClass = System.Type.forName('rh2', 'ParentUtil');
4  if(rollClass != null) {
5   rh2.ParentUtil pu = (rh2.ParentUtil) rollClass.newInstance();
6   if (trigger.isAfter) {
7     pu.performTriggerRollups(trigger.oldMap, trigger.newMap, new String[]{'Turbine_Config__c'}, null);
8       }
9    }
10}