• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Everyone,

Couple of users are getting the below mentioned error when they are trying to search for an account in the system. 

''The external object record for external data source "external_object" can't be created. Verify the primary key values.''

When the account is searched in the system, it tries to fetch the related records from an external object as well.
The external object records are having a lookup to the account and the external object records can be opened without any issues.
But, when user is trying to reference the account by clicking on the lookup field he is getting this error.
Admin and other users are not facing any such issues.

Any pointers to resolve this error would be of great help.
  • April 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to show 'One star means very week' text when user hovers over 1st star, 'Three Star means average' when user clicks on 3 stars and 'Five star means excellent' if user selects all 5 stars by making use of the code which is present in below mentioned post -
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/148003/css-star-rater-on-visualforce

I am actually trying to create a survey page where I have 4 questions and I was able to make use of the code which is present in the link pasted above but am not able to produce hover over text for various star ratings.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Viplav
  • September 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have created a custom metadata and have kept three values in it. Consider those values as- 
'God'
'Is'
'Great'

Now, I have a list of type string which can either have these three values or altogether different values. I want to compare the custom metadata values agaist this list but I am not able to do that using Apex code. 
Is there a way I can compare String to a custom metadata list.

List <custom_metadataname__mdt> SNamefromCsetting = [Select sname__c from custom_metadataname__mdt];
System.Debug('SNamefromCsetting :' +SNamefromCsetting );
String[] st = Name.split(' , ');

• August 17, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Couple of users are getting the below mentioned error when they are trying to search for an account in the system. 

''The external object record for external data source "external_object" can't be created. Verify the primary key values.''

When the account is searched in the system, it tries to fetch the related records from an external object as well.
The external object records are having a lookup to the account and the external object records can be opened without any issues.
But, when user is trying to reference the account by clicking on the lookup field he is getting this error.
Admin and other users are not facing any such issues.

Any pointers to resolve this error would be of great help.
  • April 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have created a custom metadata and have kept three values in it. Consider those values as- 
'God'
'Is'
'Great'

Now, I have a list of type string which can either have these three values or altogether different values. I want to compare the custom metadata values agaist this list but I am not able to do that using Apex code. 
Is there a way I can compare String to a custom metadata list.

List <custom_metadataname__mdt> SNamefromCsetting = [Select sname__c from custom_metadataname__mdt];
System.Debug('SNamefromCsetting :' +SNamefromCsetting );
String[] st = Name.split(' , ');

• August 17, 2018