• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Community: I am trying to create a validation rule that accomplishes the following:

IF the Record Type name is New Business Lever 1 or New Business Lever 2
And the field "Why Now?" is NOT checked (false)
THEN you cannot advance FROM Discovery to the following stages: Qualified Opportunity, Proposal Development, Executive Business Review, POC, Negotiation, or closed.

This is what my rule looks like, but even when the box equals TRUE, it will not let me advance.

AND (
OR (
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Qualified Opportunity"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Proposal Development"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Trial & Proof of Concept"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Executive Business Review"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Negotiation"),
ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed"),
OR(
$RecordType.Name= "New_Business_Lever_1",
$RecordType.Name= "New_Business_Lever_2"
),
Why_Now__c =FALSE)
)

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!!
  • August 20, 2021

please help with Process builder

AND(
ISCHANGED([Lead].Lead_Stage__c),
TEXT([Lead].Lead_Stage__c ) = "reengaged", 
OR(
TEXT([Lead].Source_Subtype__c) = "CPL", 
TEXT([Lead].scorecarr__c)  = "CPL" 
)
)

If Start Date is greater than today
the Project Status cannot be any status
other than Not Started.
how can we write validation rule for this?

Hey,
****I have a requirement where there are 2 record types on opportunity. Say OPR1 and OPR2. There are 2 layouts for these 2 record types.

Now an user creates an opportunity with OPR1 recordtype. If user wants to create a child opportunity from an opportunity with OPR1 recordtype, layout of OPR1 should come during child opportunity.

Similarly if an user tries to create a child opportunity from an opportunity with OPR2 recordtype then the layout of OPR2 should come.

Don't want to show the option of choosing the record type while creating a child opportunity. It should inherit the layout from the parent opportunity

Thnx,
Vai

Hello All,

Can somebody suggest me the easiest way to implement ‘Parent > Child > Grandchild’ relationships on a page layout.  SFDC doesn’t support this so I am wondering what are the options.

Click on a Quote (Parent) and then Builds (Child) is displayed and then  Components (Grand Child).

All are Custom Objects.

Many Thanks,
Ak**bleep**h