Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Good Morning,

I need some help with a how to.

I have created a custome component 

MyContactList that is sitting in a Custom Object. I need the ability to add new contacts to that list. How do I pull that off?

I am in train head Use REST API  https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/api_basics/units/api_basics_rest#

And as I am following I get to Create an Account and after following the steps I get 

JSON_PARSER_ERROR
message: Unexpected character (':' (code 58)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null') at [line:1, column:9]
errorCode: JSON_PARSER_ERROR
Good Morning,

I'm not sure how to accomplish and where to start for this requirement. 

Use-Case:

We are a law firm migrating from one of the legal industries leading CRM. SalesForce will be the new record of truth. 

1) What I am trying to accomplish is a calendar calculator that will automatically calendar our dates (based on number of days from a specific future event) 
For example if we have a date set for a final hearing there are 5-6 other things that happen and have to be reported to the court before that final hearing. We need those pre-defined event to automatically populate for the specific record.
2) Additionally In the standard object "Event" subject we have predefined event names that we need this calculator to differentiated and auto create the events. 

I home that makes sense.

Eddy
I build a custom component that I want to populate with contacts that are related to that specific record. 

I followed https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/projects/quickstart-lightning-components/steps/quickstart-lightning-components3

I have the component in place on the page. What do I need to do/add to the code in order for it to let me add data, in this case contacts, to the component.
I know that there is a thread similar to this but the solution to get what I am trying to accomplish does not seem to be the same.

I am a newbie to sales force and in the initial stages of trying to build it out to replace another tool we use. Currently what I am trying to accomplish of for our contact information, which has both our clients and, in many cases, the opposing party information in it. 

In the contact Object we have an option field with with  a few different options that tell us what sort of contact this is (potential client, client, opposing party and so on). All new contacts are created as “Potential Client” once that person hires us 2 things happen (1) we change the contact type in the drop down from Potential Client to Client & (2) we send out an email template from a button titled new hire. 

The email is from a conga composer template which is not relevant to this question.

What we want to happen is for all of the contact information the is in the contact tab/object to auto populate into a different tab/object (Cases) and for it to create a “New Case with a firm specific unique identifier. 

I have the case tab built out with some of the fields already in place; including the unique identifier field. What I am wondering is what I would need to do to either transfer all of the contact information into the case object and could this be created to happen when the “Client Type” is changed, or would it need to be an additional section of syntax in the “New Hire” Button that triggers the email mentioned above?

I hope this makes sense. 

Thank you again.

Eddy