• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to create a batchable program that acts like a roll up helper every night on the account object. In this particular example I am trying to count the number of related activities attached to an account or account child object. I am able to pull my information in a query but when I try to then extract that informaiton I keep getting errors saying the variables I am pulling dont exist. Can someone take a look and see if I have just made a clerical error in my dot notation or someting like that? I am sure the values are returned because ive tested everything in the Query Editor before transitioning it to my code. Here is the program, query and current errors:

APEX CODE:
global class NightlyAccountFieldUpdater implements Database.Batchable<SObject>{

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){
        String query = '[SELECT id, Last_Sales_Contact_Date__c,Next_Sales_Activity_Date__c, OwnerId,';
        query += ' (SELECT OwnerId, ActivityDate, ActivitySubType, EndDateTime, IsClosed, IsDeleted, PrimaryWhoId FROM ActivityHistories), '; 
        query+= ' (SELECT OwnerId, ActivityDate, ActivitySubType, WhoId, WhatId FROM OpenActivities) FROM ACCOUNT]';
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);
    }

global static void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<Account> scope){
        List<Lead> LeadActivityList = new  List<Lead>([SELECT id, Account__c, 
                                                       (SELECT OwnerId, ActivityDate, ActivitySubType, EndDateTime, IsClosed, IsDeleted, 
                                                        PrimaryWhoId FROM ActivityHistories), 
                                                       (SELECT OwnerId, ActivityDate, ActivitySubType, WhoId, WhatId FROM OpenActivities) 
                                                       FROM LEAD WHERE lead.Account__C != NULL]);
        List<Account> masterAccountList = new List<Account>();
        Map<Account, List<Activity>> accountActivityMap = new Map<Account, List<Activity>>();
        for(SObject tempobj: scope){

Account tempact = new Account(Id = tempobj.Id, OwnerId = tempobj.OwnerId, Last_Sales_Contact_Date__c = tempobj.Last_Sales_Contact_Date__c, Next_Sales_Activity_Date__c = tempobj.Next_Sales_Activity_Date__c);
        }

}

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC){
    }
}

Current Errors:
User-added image​​​​​​​
Hello forum, I am having trouble atchieving 75% code coverage on a trigger im writting and wondered if someone here knows what I am doing incorrectly. I am deleting code and asserting after the fact. Below you can find my trigger as well as the test class and main class. I use a custom testDataFactory to produce my data. 

TRIGGER:
/**
* ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
* Rate Review Attachment Counter Trigger Class 
* This class is designed to trigger RateReviewAttachmentCounter when the attachment in question is
* related to a Rate_Review__c object
* ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
* @author         William L. Roach-Barrette   <REDACTED>
* @modifiedBy     
* @maintainedBy   
* @version        1.0
* @created        2019-04-16
* @modified       YYYY-MM-DD
* ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
* @changes
* vX.X            EMAIL
* YYYY-MM-DD      Explanation of the change.  Multiple lines can be used to explain the change, but
*                 each line should be indented till left aligned with the previous description text.
* vX.X            EMAIL
* YYYY-MM-DD      Each change to this file should be documented by incrementing the version number,
*                 and adding a new entry to this @changes list. Note that there is a single blank
*                 line between each @changes entry.
* ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
*/
trigger RateReviewAttachmentTrigger on Attachment (after insert, after update, after delete) {
    if(Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUpdate){
        List<Attachment> approved = new List<Attachment>();
    	for(Attachment aiq: Trigger.new){
        	Id parentId = aiq.ParentId;
        	if(parentId.getSObjectType().getDescribe().getName() == 'Rate_Review__c'){
            	approved.add(aiq);
        	}
    	}
        RateReviewAttachmentCounter instance = new RateReviewAttachmentCounter();
        instance.attachmentCounter(approved);
	}
    //when handling a delete you want to pull data from trigger.old and not trigger.new
    if(Trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isdelete){
         List<Attachment> oldboys = new List<Attachment>();
    	for(Attachment aiq: Trigger.old){
            	oldboys.add(aiq);
        	}
    }
        RateReviewAttachmentCounter oldinstance = new RateReviewAttachmentCounter();
        oldinstance.attachmentCounter(oldboys);
}
}

MAIN CLASS: 
/**
* ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
* Rate Review Attachment Counter Main Class 
* This class is designed to monitor the number of attachments produced and attached to the RateReview
* object. This is to be used so that a salesperson cant create a new ratereview record without asscoiating
* at least one attached review with it. 
* @modifiedBy     
* @maintainedBy   
* @version        1.0
* @changes
* vX.X            EMAIL
* YYYY-MM-DD      Explanation of the change.  Multiple lines can be used to explain the change, but
*                 each line should be indented till left aligned with the previous description text.
* vX.X            EMAIL
* YYYY-MM-DD      Each change to this file should be documented by incrementing the version number,
*                 and adding a new entry to this @changes list. Note that there is a single blank
* ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
*/
public class RateReviewAttachmentCounter{

public void attachmentCounter(List<Attachment> attachList){
        List<Rate_Review__c> rrList = new List<Rate_Review__c>();
    	List<Id> rrIdList = new List<Id>();
        List<Attachment> relatedAttachment = new List<Attachment>();
        for(Attachment attachy: attachList){
            rrIdList.add(attachy.ParentId);

}
        rrList = [SELECT id, Number_of_Attachments__c FROM Rate_Review__c WHERE id IN: rrIdList];
        relatedAttachment = [SELECT id, parentId FROM Attachment WHERE parentId IN: rrIdList];

for(Rate_Review__c rr: rrList){
            Integer attachmentCounter = 0;
            id RateReviewId = rr.id;
            for(Attachment atch: relatedAttachment){
                if(atch.parentId == RateReviewId){
                    attachmentCounter++;
                }

}
            rr.Number_of_Attachments__c = attachmentCounter;

}
        update rrList;
    }

}

TEST CLASS:
/**
* Rate Review Attachment Counter Test Class 
* This class is designed to test RateReviewAttachmentCounter when the attachment in question is
* @author         William L. Roach-Barrette   <william.roach@pushpay.com>
* @modifiedBy     
* @maintainedBy   
* @version        1.0
* @changes
* vX.X            EMAIL
* vX.X            EMAIL
*/
@isTest
public class RateReviewAttachmentCounterTest {

//The test setup was omitted from this class because governing limits are not a concern when testing and its easier to get direct access to 
    //produced data then it is to produce the data and querry for it in later tests. 
	/*@TestSetup
    public static void setup(){
        TestDataFactory dataGenerator = new TestDataFactory();
        Integer numRecords = 1;
        List<Rate_Review__c> rrList = new List<Rate_Review__c>(dataGenerator.generateRateReview(numRecords));
        System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords, 'INCORRECT NUMBER OF RECORDS PRODUCED. REQUIRED: ' + numRecords + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size());

}
*/

static testmethod void testAttachmentCounter(){
        Integer numRecords = 5;//NumRecords dictates the total number of records produced for testing purposes. Increment for bulk testing and decrement for easy to read logs
        List<Rate_Review__c> rrList = new List<Rate_Review__c>(dataGenerator.generateRateReview(numRecords));
        System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords, 'INCORRECT NUMBER OF RECORDS PRODUCED. REQUIRED: ' + numRecords + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size());
        System.debug('RATE REVIEW OBJECTS: ' + rrList);
        List<Attachment> attachmentList = new List<Attachment>(dataGenerator.generateAttachments(rrList, numRecords));
        System.debug('ATTACHMENT LIST: ' + attachmentList);
        for(Rate_Review__c rateReview: rrList){
            rrIdList.add(rateReview.id);
        }
        Test.startTest();
        RateReviewAttachmentCounter methodtest = new RateReviewAttachmentCounter();
        methodtest.attachmentCounter(attachmentList);
        Test.stopTest();

rrList = [SELECT id, Number_of_Attachments__c FROM Rate_Review__c WHERE id IN: rrIdList];
        System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords, 'NOT ENOUGH RATE REVIEWS. EXPECTED: ' + numRecords + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size() );
        for(Rate_Review__c rrfinal: rrList){
            System.assert(rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c == numRecords, 'NUM OF ATTACHMENTS NOT SET');
            System.debug('NUMBER OF ATTACHMENTS FIELD: ' + rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c);

}
    }
        static testmethod void testAttachmentCounterDelete(){
        Test.startTest();
        Integer numRecords1 = 5;//NumRecords dictates the total number of records produced for testing purposes. Increment for bulk testing and decrement for easy to read logs
        List<Rate_Review__c> rrList = new List<Rate_Review__c>(dataGenerator.generateRateReview(numRecords1));
        System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords1, 'INCORRECT NUMBER OF RECORDS PRODUCED. REQUIRED: ' + numRecords1 + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size());
        List<Attachment> attachmentList = new List<Attachment>(dataGenerator.generateAttachments(rrList, numRecords1));
        }

delete attachmentList;

Test.stopTest();
        System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords1, 'NOT ENOUGH RATE REVIEWS. EXPECTED: ' + 0 + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size() );
            System.assert(rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c == 0 , 'NUM OF ATTACHMENTS NOT SET EXPECTED: ' + rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c + ' ACTUAL: ' + numRecords1);
            System.debug('NUMBER OF ATTACHMENTS FIELD: ' + rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c);

}

}
}

I currently have 56% code coverage on my trigger and 100% coverage on my main class. 
User-added image
Hello forum, I am having trouble atchieving 75% code coverage on a trigger im writting and wondered if someone here knows what I am doing incorrectly. I am deleting code and asserting after the fact. Below you can find my trigger as well as the test class and main class. I use a custom testDataFactory to produce my data. 

TRIGGER:
/**
* Rate Review Attachment Counter Trigger Class 
* This class is designed to trigger RateReviewAttachmentCounter when the attachment in question is
* @modifiedBy     
* @maintainedBy   
* @version        1.0
* @changes
* vX.X            EMAIL
* vX.X            EMAIL
*/
trigger RateReviewAttachmentTrigger on Attachment (after insert, after update, after delete) {
    if(Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUpdate){
        List<Attachment> approved = new List<Attachment>();
    	for(Attachment aiq: Trigger.new){
            	approved.add(aiq);
        	}
    	}
        RateReviewAttachmentCounter instance = new RateReviewAttachmentCounter();
        instance.attachmentCounter(approved);
	}
    //when handling a delete you want to pull data from trigger.old and not trigger.new
    if(Trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isdelete){
         List<Attachment> oldboys = new List<Attachment>();
    	for(Attachment aiq: Trigger.old){
            	oldboys.add(aiq);
        	}
    }
        RateReviewAttachmentCounter oldinstance = new RateReviewAttachmentCounter();
        oldinstance.attachmentCounter(oldboys);
}
}

MAIN CLASS: 
/**
* Rate Review Attachment Counter Main Class 
* This class is designed to monitor the number of attachments produced and attached to the RateReview
* object. This is to be used so that a salesperson cant create a new ratereview record without asscoiating
* at least one attached review with it. 
* @modifiedBy     
* @maintainedBy   
* @version        1.0
* @changes
* vX.X            EMAIL
* vX.X            EMAIL
*/
public class RateReviewAttachmentCounter{

public void attachmentCounter(List<Attachment> attachList){
        List<Rate_Review__c> rrList = new List<Rate_Review__c>();
        List<Attachment> relatedAttachment = new List<Attachment>();
        for(Attachment attachy: attachList){
            rrIdList.add(attachy.ParentId);

}
        relatedAttachment = [SELECT id, parentId FROM Attachment WHERE parentId IN: rrIdList];

for(Rate_Review__c rr: rrList){
            Integer attachmentCounter = 0;
            id RateReviewId = rr.id;
            for(Attachment atch: relatedAttachment){
                if(atch.parentId == RateReviewId){
                    attachmentCounter++;
                }

}
            rr.Number_of_Attachments__c = attachmentCounter;

}
        update rrList;
    }

}

TEST CLASS:
/**
* Rate Review Attachment Counter Test Class 
* This class is designed to test RateReviewAttachmentCounter when the attachment in question is
* @author         William L. Roach-Barrette   <william.roach@pushpay.com>
* @modifiedBy     
* @maintainedBy   
* @version        1.0
* @changes
* vX.X            EMAIL
* vX.X            EMAIL
*/
@isTest
public class RateReviewAttachmentCounterTest {

//The test setup was omitted from this class because governing limits are not a concern when testing and its easier to get direct access to 
    //produced data then it is to produce the data and querry for it in later tests. 
	/*@TestSetup
    public static void setup(){
        Integer numRecords = 1;

}
*/

static testmethod void testAttachmentCounter(){
        Integer numRecords = 5;//NumRecords dictates the total number of records produced for testing purposes. Increment for bulk testing and decrement for easy to read logs
        List<Attachment> attachmentList = new List<Attachment>(dataGenerator.generateAttachments(rrList, numRecords));
        }
        Test.startTest();
        Test.stopTest();

System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords, 'NOT ENOUGH RATE REVIEWS. EXPECTED: ' + numRecords + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size() );
            System.assert(rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c == numRecords, 'NUM OF ATTACHMENTS NOT SET');

}
    }
        static testmethod void testAttachmentCounterDelete(){
        Test.startTest();
        Integer numRecords1 = 5;//NumRecords dictates the total number of records produced for testing purposes. Increment for bulk testing and decrement for easy to read logs
        List<Rate_Review__c> rrList = new List<Rate_Review__c>(dataGenerator.generateRateReview(numRecords1));
        System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords1, 'INCORRECT NUMBER OF RECORDS PRODUCED. REQUIRED: ' + numRecords1 + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size());
        List<Attachment> attachmentList = new List<Attachment>(dataGenerator.generateAttachments(rrList, numRecords1));
        }

delete attachmentList;

Test.stopTest();
        System.assert(rrList.size() == numRecords1, 'NOT ENOUGH RATE REVIEWS. EXPECTED: ' + 0 + ' ACTUAL: ' + rrList.size() );
            System.assert(rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c == 0 , 'NUM OF ATTACHMENTS NOT SET EXPECTED: ' + rrfinal.Number_of_Attachments__c + ' ACTUAL: ' + numRecords1);

}

}
}

I currently have 56% code coverage on my trigger and 100% coverage on my main class. 
User-added image