• 10 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The situation: I spun off a sandbox, and within that sandbox, I commented out large portions of code in order to disable a feature we're not going to use, and was linked to an installed package we wished to uninstall.  I ran the entire suit of Apex tests and everything passed with flying colors.

The problem: When I try to deploy the resulting change set into production, I get told "Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation" for every single item of the change set.  It points to a method in one particular class as the source of the error - a method that I comment out, and I made sure every piece of code referring to that method was commented out too.

According to the help files, the solution was to recompile all Apex classes.  Very well.  Did this in Production, did this in Sandbox, started a new change set and deployment.  Still no dice, the error pops up again.  But I can't recompile any more than what I've already done, so what gives?

How am I supposed to get rid of this error and complete my deployment into production?
The situation: I spun off a sandbox, and within that sandbox, I commented out large portions of code in order to disable a feature we're not going to use, and was linked to an installed package we wished to uninstall.  I ran the entire suit of Apex tests and everything passed with flying colors.

The problem: When I try to deploy the resulting change set into production, I get told "Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation" for every single item of the change set.  It points to a method in one particular class as the source of the error - a method that I comment out, and I made sure every piece of code referring to that method was commented out too.

According to the help files, the solution was to recompile all Apex classes.  Very well.  Did this in Production, did this in Sandbox, started a new change set and deployment.  Still no dice, the error pops up again.  But I can't recompile any more than what I've already done, so what gives?

How am I supposed to get rid of this error and complete my deployment into production?