• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello!

I am trying to make a process that will check the record for certain conditions, and add points to a new field based on which conditions were met.

So for example,

1st Condition. If Gender is Male --> Update ABC field with 3 points. ([Object__c].ABC__c + 3)
2nd Condition . If City is London --> Update ABC field with 1 points. ([Object__c].ABC__c + 1)

So at the end of these two conditions, the value of field ABC should be 4. However, whenever I run it, it always ends up being just 1. I have checked this several times with more and varied conditions, and it the field ABC always just take the value from the last condition. 

The default value of field ABC is set as 0 so that can't be the problem. Is this a limitation of PB? That the field can only be updated once during a process? Or that the formula always uses the orginal value of the field ABC which existed before the process started?

I even tried building an invocable process for each condition, but the same problem still persists..

Is there any workaround for this? Would really appriciate some help!

Thank you! 

Hello!

I am trying to make a process that will check the record for certain conditions, and add points to a new field based on which conditions were met.

So for example,

1st Condition. If Gender is Male --> Update ABC field with 3 points. ([Object__c].ABC__c + 3)
2nd Condition . If City is London --> Update ABC field with 1 points. ([Object__c].ABC__c + 1)

So at the end of these two conditions, the value of field ABC should be 4. However, whenever I run it, it always ends up being just 1. I have checked this several times with more and varied conditions, and it the field ABC always just take the value from the last condition. 

The default value of field ABC is set as 0 so that can't be the problem. Is this a limitation of PB? That the field can only be updated once during a process? Or that the formula always uses the orginal value of the field ABC which existed before the process started?

I even tried building an invocable process for each condition, but the same problem still persists..

Is there any workaround for this? Would really appriciate some help!

Thank you!