Kindly provide a solution to the following :
I as a product manager require a custom search page for my salesforce CRM account. I don’t want to use the standard search functionality for this. Here is what I want to be done:
- On the VF page, create accustom “search” button and a checkbox with the name “limit to accounts I own”
- I should be able to enter and search on the following fields (these are the search criteria fields):
- Account name(standard field)
- Industry (standard field)
- Rating(standard field)
- Account region(custom field)
- Account priority(custom filed)
- Account summary(text)
- The search functionality should be a logical OR of all the above combinations.
- The correct search results should be displayed ON THE SAME PAGE only after clicking the “submit” button.Display columns should have these fields: account name, industry, rating, account priority.
- If the checkbox “limit to accounts I Own” is checked before clicking on search the display only those accounts where the owner=current logged in user.
I have developed the following code: