• SE

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Really confused newbie here.

I have read the following info provided by salesforce but its making me more confusing.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_groupmember.htm?search_text=Public%20Group

Because the share button doesnt work in Lightning, I have built following system.

Custom Object: Notification__c and NotificationShare__c
Flow: sharetoQueue

In the flow

1. User opens a flow screen in the Notification__c record and chooses a queue to share it with

2. Once queu is chosen and clicked "next", the Id of the queue user selected is retrieved

3. the record of GroupMember where the GroupId matches the Id retrieved in #3 is searched

4. Once match is found, the flow retrieves the UserOrGroupId of the match

5. Using the Object_Share, A child record of the Notification__c's record is created in  NotificationShare__c and UserOrGroupId is set to the data retrieved in #4

6. Other users in the chosen queue can now view the Notification__c record

Can anyone explain what GroupMember object and UserOrGroupId  is exactly with examples?
Diagrams or drawn images would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • January 08, 2020
Hello, newbie asking for support.

We have set up a system using the Email Service where a new record in a custom object called TempMail will be created once a mail is sent to the designated address. We have managed to automatically save the attachment file and associate it with the newly created record if there is any. 

Next, we have created a quick action where click of a button will create new Case record based on the TempMail record. The tricky part is here: how can we make it so that the attachment file associated to the TempMail record will also be automatically associated to the new Case record created through quick action?

Sum: Is there a way to automatically associate same file(s) to a new record, when the new record is created based off an original record that have associated files/? 

Hope the question is straightforward and easy to understand. 

Thanks in advance.

• December 16, 2019
Actual Limit of Email Service, Inbound Attachment?
Hi

We have developed a program using the Email Service to change the contents of inbound emails from customers into a cutom object records, and was wondering about the limit size of inbound emails.

Based on our research, we figured the maximum size for one or more files attached to email is 10 MB so decided to test this. 
The problem is that although we have sent an email with a single 16MB attachment, the Email Service was able to store the file in the Files object and the text content onto the designated custom object. 
We tried twice and both suprsingly worked.

So does anyone know what are the actual limitss for the Email Service's attachment files?
Thanks in Advance :)
  • December 06, 2019
Newbie looking for desperate help.

I am trying to authorize an org in VSCode in my compnay environment but failing.

While it connects fine on regular networks, the process keeps failing and showing the "localhost didn’t send any data." 1717 problem that many others also faced.

The frustrating thing is that it works fine in my co-workers laptop but doesn't even when I copy his settings. I already tried cahnging arount the proxy setting on my desktop and on vscode but just cant seem to get it to work.

I have seen couple of similar/same problems but have not found an answer for mine.

SOS

• July 12, 2019
Actual Limit of Email Service, Inbound Attachment?
Hi

We have developed a program using the Email Service to change the contents of inbound emails from customers into a cutom object records, and was wondering about the limit size of inbound emails.

Based on our research, we figured the maximum size for one or more files attached to email is 10 MB so decided to test this. 
The problem is that although we have sent an email with a single 16MB attachment, the Email Service was able to store the file in the Files object and the text content onto the designated custom object. 
We tried twice and both suprsingly worked.

So does anyone know what are the actual limitss for the Email Service's attachment files?
Thanks in Advance :)
  • December 06, 2019