• 0 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This is one of the exam qns I have seen around that I don't agree with the answers I have seen:
A developer needs to create a visualforce page that displays case data. The page will be used by both support reps and support managers. The support rep profile does not allow visibility of the customer_Satisfaction_c Field, but the support manager profile does. How can the developer create the page to enforce field level security and keep future maintenance to a minimum?

A. Create one visualforce page for use by both profiles

B. Use a custom controller that has the with sharing keywords

C. Use a new support manager permission sets

D. Create a separate visualforce page for each profile

Now everywhere the answer suggested is B. But I am wondering why it is not A? By deafault the standard controller will impose user level sharing (rather than custom's system level sharing). This would also need less maintenance because there is no need to create an extension (with the 'sharing' keyword).

Can someone explain why it can't be A? or confirm it is A? (ofcourse B will also work but it is extra development that, IMHO, is not needed)
This is one of the exam qns I have seen around that I don't agree with the answers I have seen:
A developer needs to create a visualforce page that displays case data. The page will be used by both support reps and support managers. The support rep profile does not allow visibility of the customer_Satisfaction_c Field, but the support manager profile does. How can the developer create the page to enforce field level security and keep future maintenance to a minimum?

A. Create one visualforce page for use by both profiles

B. Use a custom controller that has the with sharing keywords

C. Use a new support manager permission sets

D. Create a separate visualforce page for each profile

Now everywhere the answer suggested is B. But I am wondering why it is not A? By deafault the standard controller will impose user level sharing (rather than custom's system level sharing). This would also need less maintenance because there is no need to create an extension (with the 'sharing' keyword).

Can someone explain why it can't be A? or confirm it is A? (ofcourse B will also work but it is extra development that, IMHO, is not needed)