• 25 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know you can add buttons to record list screens that will send the record ids as input to a flow. Is there a way to do the same with report screens, send the record ids of the results to a flow?
I'd like to make a screen flow where the user submits a list of record IDs (via text field, file upload, or similar) and the flow gets those records to a collection (then manipulates them as needed).
Is there a built-in way to do this, or an installable package, or do we need to use custom code? If the latter, is it worth using Flow at all, or should we just do the whole thing in code?
According to https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000355733&type=1
The default no-reply address for case email notifications is supposed to be a real email address that checks incoming email and clicks a verification link, otherwise Salesforce won't allow it, but also an address that ignores incoming email and doesn't reply?
Clearly I am misunderstanding something about the semantics of a no-reply address. What am I getting wrong and what do your orgs use for this address?
If you have multiple processes that will execute when a record is changed or created, what is the order of execution? How do I determine what it will be? Is it constant or variable?
In a before update trigger with Trigger.new and Trigger.oldMap, do the following three groups contain identical values?
  1. The element Ids of Trigger.new
  2. The Ids in Trigger.oldMap.keySet()
  3. The element Ids of Trigger.oldMap.values()
I'd like to make a screen flow where the user submits a list of record IDs (via text field, file upload, or similar) and the flow gets those records to a collection (then manipulates them as needed).
Is there a built-in way to do this, or an installable package, or do we need to use custom code? If the latter, is it worth using Flow at all, or should we just do the whole thing in code?
Has anyone faced the error when creating a connected app with OAuth enabled ? 
"Changes can take up to 10 minutes to take effect. Deleting a parent org also deletes all connected apps with OAuth settings enabled." I am creating a connected app and not deleting anything.
Hi, we have a flow that updates a lookup field for zip codes based on another existing text field.
On occasion, the text field value does not have a matching record for the lookup field and so the flow fails on that record and sends an error email that it failed to find the record, which we are trying to avoid.

Here is what my configuration for the Get Record element looks like: User-added imageI tried using the checkbox to set the variable to null if no record is returned but in the error emails it appears that the flow is still using the text field value that had no matching lookup. Maybe my configuration above is not correct.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
Hey there,

when writing Trigger Handler Classes and calling the respective methods from a Master Trigger there are different ways to achieve this. The keywords are Static and Non-Static .

In other words:
public void
vs.
public static void
I was wondering what's the best practice to write and call a method from a Master Trigger. In fact both options will work - but I once read that going for non-static was always the better choice. Why is that?

Given we have a method in our class that creates Assets from an Opportunity's line items (Opportunity Products). 

Static - Master Trigger call:
OpportunityTriggerHandler.createAssets(Trigger.new)
Question 1:

I saw this approach quite often in forums and blog articles - is this approach generally recommended and reasonable?

Non-Static - Master Trigger call:
OpportunityTriggerHandler oppHandler = new OpportunityTriggerHandler();
oppHandler.createAssets(Trigger.new);
Question 2

Can I consider non-static as best practice and if yes, why?

Looking forward to your feedback!

• September 16, 2019
Hi,

Within a visual flow, I'm wondering if I can populate a collection variable using semi-colon separated values (;) in a single input text box. For the use case, I'd like to append an ad-hoc Taskray Checklist to a Taskray Task using only the flow interface, but as the items are ad-hoc, I can't use a template for it.

For example, if I input this in ONE long text field:
Apples;
Bananas;
Carrots;

Can I pass it into a collection variable using a loop so it is [Apples, Bananas, Carrots]?

I have simulated this by using LEFT({!Checklist}, FIND(";", {!Checklist}) - 1) to get the first row and adding it to the collection variable, trimming it from {!Checklist} and doing it again for the second row, etc. This creates the collection var as long as I stick to the number of assignments I've used.

But the problem is I can't figure out how to build it into a loop to handle variable number of items. Is there any way to do this using only flow tools?

Thanks in advance :)

I keep receiving the below error whenever I attempt to check a hands on challenge. I have logged in and out multiple times and get this error in multiple trailhead boxes.

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: TBRSCDKH. Error: Restforce::UnauthorizedError. Message: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Session expired or invalid
New to Salesforce.

I'm creating a fairly complex process in Process Builder on the Opportunity object.  When the record is saved I want to trigger and calculated some dates and do a few other checks to make sure only valid option types are entered.  Therefore, I want Process Builder to run after I do the Save trigger.  I couldn't find any documentation on this.
Hiii Everyone,

When we create a user we can create with different licenses. There is salesforce license and there is also a 'Identity' license. Now the thing is that I just want a user that can access my visualforce pages, custom objects and want to perform DML operations with all permissions. Can I create it with identity user license?

I just want to save my salesforce license users, so that i can use them in future...

Thanks in advance... :)
If I have define a flow in process builder which runs after the record is created then which one runs first ?Trigger or Proces builder?
Hi,

I have a number field (Number, 0) but when i put valuee 10000 in it it will diplay it as 10,000 i want to display it without comma.
I have selected number field because i need to select Max number from it and add 1 in Max number for new entry.
Can any body help me how i can do it.

Thanks,
Faraz
Hi All,

I have a requirment that i need to update submitted user for all the apex scheduled jobs in my Prod. So, Could you please let me know that how we can do without deleting and recreate them.

Thanks,
Anil