• 10 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to determine which users can see a specific file in Salesforce. In other words, I'm trying to get permissions information via the API.

I know Salesforce can be queried to determine the effective permissions for a given user, for a given file. However, it does not allow querying for multiple users at the same time (correct me if I am wrong).

This means that the number of API calls to determine the permissions for a single file is equal to the number of  users. Is my reasoning correct? Or is there any better way to find this information out via the API?

Thank you in advance for any tip or advice,

Ana
I am looking into possible third-party tools that integrate with Salesforce, for example SharePoint, Google Drive... 

Which is the one that you think you have most benefits from doing the integration? 

Hello,

Our company has an email address where we receive a list of leads every week.
We're currently manually checking this email address, downloading the list of leads (it's a .csv file), and then using a batch loader to load the data into Salesforce.

Since this is sent to us in an automated way, we would also like to load this data into Salesforce, in a completely automated way.

Is there a way to fetch these incoming emails,  process their attachments, and load them directly into Salesforce, without the need of human interaction?

Alternatively: are there any usable tools out there, which could help with this?

Hi all,I want to integrate share point with sfdc to upload file from sfdc to sharepoint and I have sharepoint account just what else we need and how to do it i have heard abt Microsoft azure so do i need account for it?plaz help me out!
HI All,

can anyone let me know on how can we upload files from salesfore to sharepoint?
and if possble also let me know the steps for the same

Thanks 

New to salesforce, SOAP and web services, so not surprising that I'm stuck @ the gate on login.  Created a Developer account, followed instructions for getting WSDL files, and using soapUI (seems to be a great tool BTW!) to generate SOAP messages for login.  Using the same username and password that I can successfully use on the salesforce website, cut and paste my organizationId from the site, and appended the security token from the email to my password. 

Based on what I read somewhere, I left the tags for client, defaultNamespace and portalId empty.

Here's what I post (edited for the ID, username, etc.) - this is trying to use the Partner wsdl - get same error for Enterprise:

POST https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/19.0 HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
SOAPAction: ""
User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1
Host: login.salesforce.com
Content-Length: 715

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">
   <soapenv:Header>
      <urn:CallOptions>
         <urn:client></urn:client>
         <urn:defaultNamespace></urn:defaultNamespace>
      </urn:CallOptions>
      <urn:LoginScopeHeader>
         <urn:organizationId>00D50000000xxxx</urn:organizationId>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <urn:portalId></urn:portalId>
      </urn:LoginScopeHeader>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <urn:login>
         <urn:username>jort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com</urn:username>
         <urn:password>pppppppppp78l6g7iFac5uaviDnJLFxxxxx</urn:password>
      </urn:login>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

and the response:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Server:
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 351
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:03:03 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sf="urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>sf:INVALID_LOGIN</faultcode><faultstring>INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username or password, locked out or Self-Service portal is not enabled</faultstring><detail><sf:LoginFault xsi:type="sf:LoginFault"><sf:exceptionCode>INVALID_LOGIN</sf:exceptionCode><sf:exceptionMessage>Invalid username or password, locked out or Self-Service portal is not enabled</sf:exceptionMessage></sf:LoginFault></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

This newbie thanks you in advance for any and all help you can give!

• July 01, 2010