• Software Developer
  • Snapclarity Inc.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi - I have a custom backend that's syncing contacts to Salesforce.  We recently enabled Person Accounts, and now I'm looking to update the sync mechanism to support this.

I'm working with the NodeJS library jsforce, and using the Bulk API.  I have an external ID field on Contact, "MyExtID__c" which shows up on Account as "MyExtID__pc", so I'm using that as the extIdField when creating the job:
var job = conn.bulk.createJob("Account", "upsert", {
        extIdField: "MyExtID__pc",
});
When I run it, the bulk job creation fails with this message:

"Field name provided, MyExtId__pc does not match an External ID, Salesforce Id, or indexed field for Account".

When I look at the fields on Account in the Object Manager, I see the MyExtId__pc field, and it's marked as an external ID.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm guessing it's some limitation on person accounts, like that the external ID must be a field of Account and not the associated Contact, or maybe that you just can't upsert a Person Account. 

Has anyone successfully done this or have any suggestions for things I can try?

Thanks

Hi - I have a custom backend that's syncing contacts to Salesforce.  We recently enabled Person Accounts, and now I'm looking to update the sync mechanism to support this.

I'm working with the NodeJS library jsforce, and using the Bulk API.  I have an external ID field on Contact, "MyExtID__c" which shows up on Account as "MyExtID__pc", so I'm using that as the extIdField when creating the job:

var job = conn.bulk.createJob("Account", "upsert", {
        extIdField: "CSTool_ID__pc",
      });

"Field name provided, MyExtId__pc does not match an External ID, Salesforce Id, or indexed field for Account".

When I look at the fields on Account in the Object Manager, I see the MyExtId__pc field, and it's marked as an external ID.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm guessing it's some limitation on person accounts, like that the external ID must be a field of Account and not the associated Contact, or maybe that you just can't upsert a Person Account. 

Thanks

I have a few thousand contacts and we're switching to Person Accounts since we're essentially a B2C company.

I'm writing a migration script using the API. I have a particular Contact, and I want to create a new PersonAccount associated with that contact.

I've tried just creating the account with the PersonAccountId value set to the contact's Id, but that gives me an error.

conn.sobject("Account").create({
      FirstName: contact.FirstName,
      LastName: contact.LastName,
      PersonAccountId: contact.Id
    });
That gets me 
INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Unable to create/update fields: PersonContactId
I can see the PersonContactId field in the Account when I query it, but I guess it's read only.

What's the proper way to do this?

Thanks
 -- Steve

Hi - I'm relatively new to Lightning so I'm not sure where to look for this.

I have a community page that I've built with Builder, and it has a component on it, and a language switcher.  Guests can view the page, and switch between English and French.

There's one particular component that I need to hide when the user's language is French.

How can I do that?

I looked at Audiences but I don't see how I can create an audience based on a guest user's selected language.

There's <aura:renderif> but I don't see how I can apply that to the page I built with Builder.

The component I'm trying to hide is a Contact Support form, so it's fairly complicated inside otherwise I could do in HTML/JavaScript.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!
 -- Steve

var job = conn.bulk.createJob("Account", "upsert", {
        extIdField: "MyExtID__pc",
});

Thanks

var job = conn.bulk.createJob("Account", "upsert", {
        extIdField: "CSTool_ID__pc",
      });

Thanks

I have a few thousand contacts and we're switching to Person Accounts since we're essentially a B2C company.

I'm writing a migration script using the API. I have a particular Contact, and I want to create a new PersonAccount associated with that contact.

I've tried just creating the account with the PersonAccountId value set to the contact's Id, but that gives me an error.

conn.sobject("Account").create({
      FirstName: contact.FirstName,
      LastName: contact.LastName,
      PersonAccountId: contact.Id
    });
That gets me 
INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Unable to create/update fields: PersonContactId
I can see the PersonContactId field in the Account when I query it, but I guess it's read only.

What's the proper way to do this?

Thanks
 -- Steve

Hi - I'm relatively new to Lightning so I'm not sure where to look for this.

I have a community page that I've built with Builder, and it has a component on it, and a language switcher.  Guests can view the page, and switch between English and French.

There's one particular component that I need to hide when the user's language is French.

How can I do that?

I looked at Audiences but I don't see how I can create an audience based on a guest user's selected language.

There's <aura:renderif> but I don't see how I can apply that to the page I built with Builder.

The component I'm trying to hide is a Contact Support form, so it's fairly complicated inside otherwise I could do in HTML/JavaScript.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!
 -- Steve