• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,
we've got the requirement to schedule a report when certain criteria in criteria are fulfilled.
For instance, there are 3 new records say in the object Car, and only when there are new records, a report should be sent automatically to a specific email address.
Is there a way to automate the sending of a report?
Hi all,

Unfortunately I could not find any blog where a flow is used to let it work the way an assignment rule does.
The problem with assignment rules is that you can not use inline editing.

The functionality of an assignment rule is:

- Under certain conditions (you have this option) you assign a Lead or Case to a user or queue
- If this is a queue, someone in the queue will take ownertship of the lead or case record, so the record ownership changes from a queue to an individual

Especially the last point is where I don't know how to implement it in a flow. If I update a Lead record (flow on Lead), the Owner stays always at the Queue when I want to change the ownership to an individual.

So, my flow is not doing what I would like to achieve.
The second issue: When I change the status and Reason to something else, which doesn't fulfill the conditions in the flow, the owner always stays at the specified queue, in this case "Marketing Queue".

Why? I would appreciate some guidance:

User-added image

User-added image
User-added image

Hi all,
I am trying to build a validation rule with REGEX for the field Phone. The validation rule should check the following:
Allow: Numbers
Allow: Characters such as '+', spaces, parenthesis '(', ')', '/', '-'
Allow: Character '+' should be only at the beginning of the phone number not in the middle or at the end
So, just searching pages with REGEX tutorials but unfortunately I could not find any appropriate in order to also decrypt the following expression literally:

NOT(REGEX(Phone,"(\\D?[0-9]{3}\\D?)[\\s][0-9]{3}-[0-9]{4}") )

No idea what do the following do?:

\\D? (at the beginning and at the end)
{3}
\\s
{4}
I would appreciate if experts in REGEX could give me some guidance here. 
Hi all,
I am wondering what is wrong in my process. The requirement is to set the Company field on Lead to null when the record type changes or has changed from B2B Lead to B2C Lead and only under this condition. However it is not 100% clear to me how to represent this in a process builder.
Here my steps by testing the process builder:

I created a Lead record with B2B record type and filled out the Company field
I clicked on 'Change record type' and changed the record to B2C Lead
When I check if the company is now empty (with a Chrome extension for Salesforce), I see Company is not yet empty
I change the record type to B2B Lead again, then I see the company is set to null this time
I see my process needs some adjustments but I don't know what else to use in order to let this work.
This is my process:

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image

I would appreciate your tips, what am I doing wrong?
Hi all,
I have B2C Lead and B2B Lead as record types on Lead. Person Accounts is enabled. It has the Record Type 'B2C Customer'. Account itself has two record types: 'B2B Customer' and 'Partner'. 

We've got the requirement:

If the lead record type changes from 'B2B Lead' to 'B2C Lead' the record type 'B2C Customer' should be displayed for selection in the dropdown Record Type in the Lead Conversion Layout (Account section).
And the other way around when you change from B2C Lead to B2B Lead. 

The problem here is the standard 'Company' field. If this field is filled out for B2B Lead, you will get displayed the Business Account record types in the dropdown in the section Account in the Lead Conversion layout. If the field is not filled out (B2C Lead) you will get displayed the Person Account record type(s) for selection.

As the Company information is already saved in the Lead object in the database after you created a Lead of type B2B Lead. If you want to change it to B2C Lead (record type change), you can do it, but when you want to convert it, you will see the same Business Account record types for selection in the Lead Conversion Layout, but the Person Account record type is then not being displayed.

I created this validation rule, which unfortunately is not working at all:

AND( RecordType.DeveloperName = 'B2B Lead',
ISCHANGED(RecordTypeId),
NOT(ISBLANK(Company))
)

So, first, is there any workaround for such a requirement? is this something that can be only solved with programming?
Hi all,
We are facing a serious problem.
We have a custom object, Custom_Fullfillment__c. We are using the standard object Asset set as related list in the Custom Fullfillment Page Layout.
Our requirement is to get the Account field on Asset automatically filled when we create Assets from the related list Assets in the Custom Fullfillment record. The custom object has a lookup to Account.

The problem we are facing is that standard we get the error "Every asset needs an Account or Contact ID" when we don't fill out the Account field on the Asset record and try to save it. The Fullfillment field on the Asset is being set automatically with the Fullfillment ID of the Parent Record, Account is also set on the Fullfillment Parent Record, but the Asset record can not be saved if we don't set the Account on it.

We built a process to set the Account on the Asset automatically when the Asset is being created from a Custom Fullfillment related list, but the saving is not working because Salesforce asks in advance for the filling of the Account field.

Probably process builder is not the best option for this requirement. I would appreciate tips which other possibilities would be suitable for this. Even when you set Account as non-required on the Asset layout, Salesforce is asking you to fill that field in advance.

I would appreciate tips, guys. I am not a developer but would like to know which other options we have for the solution of this requirement.

Hi all,
a technical architect in our company told me not to use process builder for standard objects such as Account, Contact, Opportunity but instead flows.
This is his argument:

Using flows has the advantage that flows also run in 'before' context and we avoid with that the trigger of an additional DMLoperation.

I find the work with process builder easier and understandable than using flows.
If I just want to update a date field with the current date when an Opportunity stage changes and probably there will be more updates related to the Opportunity object what is the best approach?. Would you still recommend Process Builder and if yes, what is the best way to use Process Builder?, probably using invocable processes ?.

I would appreciate your comments/thoughts, especially from architects as I don't have technical skills, more functional.
Hi all,
I would like to create a web-to-lead which will set the record type accordin to certain criteria.
I found this blog which is doing what I would like to achieve:

https://www.simplysfdc.com/2013/06/salesforce-setting-record-type-in-web.html

The problem is that this needs the Id of the record type:

<input type=hidden name="recordType" id="recordType" value="01250000000HkoV">

that means it needs hardcoding.

Does anyone know if there is a way not to use hardcoding for the used input type tag or just if there is a way not to hard code this?
Hi all,
Salesforce sent us an automatic email with the details given in the following documentation:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000351312&type=1&mode=1

Is here someone who received this email and knows what exactly to do?. I already ran the Salesforce CLI (first command line) but there were no results:

sfdx force:data:soql:query -q "SELECT LogFile, EventType, CreatedDate FROM EventLogFile WHERE EventType IN ('API', 'RestApi')" -u <username>

I am wondering if such Salesforce suggestions would really help.

I would appreciate recommendations, tips.
Hi all,
I am trying to discover why while compiling a test class method, this is telling me 'Variable doesn't exist' in the row:
System.assertEquals(testEntitlement.Id

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong?:

@isTest
    private static void EntitlementUpdate() {
    //ARRANGE
        User serviceUser = [
        SELECT
            Id
        FROM
            User
        WHERE
            Email =: 'test.serviceuser@google.com'
    ];

Account testAccount = [
        SELECT 
            Id 
        FROM 
            Account];

Product2 testProduct = [
        SELECT 
            Id 
        FROM 
            Product2];

CaseAsset__c testCaseAsset = new CaseAsset__c(Name='Test Case Asset', Account__c=testAccount.Id, SerialNumber__c='123', Product__c = testProduct.Id, StartDate__c = System.today(), EndDate__c = System.today() + );
    testCaseAsset.OwnerId = serviceUser.ID;

insert testCaseAsset;

//ACT
    test.startTest();
    System.runAs(serviceUser){
        Entitlement testEntitlement = new Entitlement();
		testEntitlement.AccountID = testCaseAsset.Account__c;
		testEntitlement.Name = testCaseAsset.Name;
        testEntitlement.CasesPerEntitlement = integer.valueOf(testCaseAsset.NoOfCasesPerYear__c);
        testEntitlement.EndDate = testCaseAsset.EndDate__c;
        testEntitlement.StartDate = testCaseAsset.StartDate__c;
        testEntitlement.IsPerIncident = true;
        testEntitlement.CaseAsset__c = testCaseAsset.Id;
        testEntitlement.RemainingCases = integer.valueOf(testCaseAsset.NoOfCasesPerYear__c);
		insert testEntitlement;
    }   
    test.stopTest();
    //ASSERT
    Entitlement testEntitlementAfterProcess = [
        SELECT 
            Id,
            Name
        FROM 
            Entitlement
        ];
        System.assertEquals(testEntitlement.Id,
                        testEntitlementAfterProcess.Name,
                        'Entitlement not created');

}

Hi all,

I am in some way confused about how to write a formula reproducing the field Target Date field (object Case Milestone) in a custom field in the Case object.

I don't know if someone has worked with Milestones and knows what I am talking about.

Case Milestones Fields:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_casemilestone.htm

I am thinking about a formula like this for example for our First Response Milestone:

CreatedDate + MilestonesTimeTrigger - TIME OUTSIDE BUSINESS HOURS x MilestonesTimeTrigger

Where:
CreatedDate: Daytime when the case was created
MilestonesTimeTrigger: Within every milestone you have to set after how many minutes, hours or days the SLA will expire
TIME OUTSIDE BUSINESS HOURS: Say, your company has as business hours 8am - 5pm. The rest of the daytime won't be used for calculation of when teh target date is, that means 15 hours
The Target Date in a Milestone is given this way e.g. '05.02.2021, 11:56'.

I am wondering if there is a possibility to reproduce the target date in a formula field on the Case so this custom field is displayed in the way it is in the Case Milestone.

Any tips will be appreciated.
Hi all,
we have the situation that cases are created and given to a queue first. When cases are created they have first the status 'New'.
We have more than a queue but we would like to make this happen:

If the status is New and the case owner is the queue Customer Support, if the owner changes from this queue to an individual user,the status of the case should change to 'Assigned'.

I have trying long hours to let this run but I am getting the process builder as failed.

For the condition I have been using this formula:

AND(
ISCHANGED([Case].OwnerId ),
PRIORVALUE([Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT([Case].OwnerId,3)= "005"
 )
Unfortunately I am getting the error:

Error Occurred During Flow "test": In the formula: AND( ISCHANGED({!myVariable_current.OwnerId} ), PRIORVA...

Error element myDecision (FlowDecision).
In the formula: AND(
ISCHANGED({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​ ),
PRIORVALUE({​​​!myVariable_current.Owner:Queue.DeveloperName}​​​) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​,3)= "005"
 ), the relationship reference accessing field: DeveloperName is unsupported in ISCHANGED and PRIORVALUE

I see there are some limitations using process builder for solving this requeriment.
Is there anyone here who knows how it would be with a trigger?.

Hi all,

is anybody here using the Strang Mass Field Download tool and encountered some limitations in the tool?.

Is the price still the current one?: 10$ per user per month?.

I am afraid they will take out the tool from the market and then users who purchased it won't be able to use the tool anymore. That is my fear.
Hi all,
I am trying to create a formula illustrating the following situation:

On the standard object User I created a custom field of type Currency. This should contain the costs pro employee say for hour of work.

We have a custom object with which we should be able to track how long it takes for the Owner of a case to work on a case (Team A).
But we also would like to track how long it takes for the Task assignee to work on the Task (Team B). For this we have the field Duration in minutes.
The object is Timesheet__c.

Now I am thinking of a formula doing this:

IF Task --> indicate the AssignedTo in this Task.
           Multiplicate AssignedTo__r.Cost__c X Duration__c
IF Case --> indicate the CaseOwner in this Case.
           Multiplicate CaseOwner__r.Cost__c X Duration__c

where AssignedTo and CaseOwner are lookups to User.
We also have a lookup to the Case object.

The field that should contain the formula is Cost__c on the Timesheet object.

I don't know if my description is understandable. If it is, is such a formula field with that conditions feasable in Salesforce? or should we use a trigger instead?
Hi all,
as this is not standard in Salesforce I am researching if there are possibilities to mass download attachments from emails. For example, if our client sends us an email with 40 files and we would like to download all these files at once and not one at a time.
I would appreciate from your experience if you could recommend a tool for that.

Hi all,
my question may be somewhat weird. In our situation we would like to notify additional recipients when a milestone was violated. As email alerts are offering the use of a public group or case team as recipient (not CC), I am testing the functionality in our DEV application.
Does it macke sense to use a public group or a case team as recipient or when doesn't it make sense?. We would like to notify additionally the team lead and web team lead.
Hi all,
as we need a list view or a report showing cases in a specific status, say 'Waiting for feedback', how can we set a field with a date in order to track when a case goes to status 'Waiting for feedback' for the first time (since the creation of a case).
Would you use process builder for it or is there a possibility with a formula field?
Hi all,
I created a process builder flow which is unfortunately not doing what it should do.
I would like to send a custom notification to Queue members when the Case Status = New and either the Milestone in it is violated or is about to end.
This is the Action to be executed when the Milestone is about to end:

User-added image

User-added image

This wouldn't be so different when violated. The issue is probably the recipient. Probably you can not send custom notifications to a Queue or Queue members.

Can somebody please confirm me if I am wrong?
Hi all,

is it possible to download attachments in Salesforce at once without having to do it one after another?.
If there isn't any possibilty als workaround in Salesforce, is there any AppExchange tool that you recommend us (if possible what is the price?).
Hi all,

I could not find documentations about if an unmanaged package needs a namespace or a namespace is mandatory for it. I only know that managed packages need a namespace.
But the unmanaged ones?.

Hi all,
we've got the requirement to schedule a report when certain criteria in criteria are fulfilled.
For instance, there are 3 new records say in the object Car, and only when there are new records, a report should be sent automatically to a specific email address.
Is there a way to automate the sending of a report?
Hi all,
I am wondering what is wrong in my process. The requirement is to set the Company field on Lead to null when the record type changes or has changed from B2B Lead to B2C Lead and only under this condition. However it is not 100% clear to me how to represent this in a process builder.
Here my steps by testing the process builder:

I created a Lead record with B2B record type and filled out the Company field
I clicked on 'Change record type' and changed the record to B2C Lead
When I check if the company is now empty (with a Chrome extension for Salesforce), I see Company is not yet empty
I change the record type to B2B Lead again, then I see the company is set to null this time
I see my process needs some adjustments but I don't know what else to use in order to let this work.
This is my process:

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image

I would appreciate your tips, what am I doing wrong?
Hi all,
We are facing a serious problem.
We have a custom object, Custom_Fullfillment__c. We are using the standard object Asset set as related list in the Custom Fullfillment Page Layout.
Our requirement is to get the Account field on Asset automatically filled when we create Assets from the related list Assets in the Custom Fullfillment record. The custom object has a lookup to Account.

The problem we are facing is that standard we get the error "Every asset needs an Account or Contact ID" when we don't fill out the Account field on the Asset record and try to save it. The Fullfillment field on the Asset is being set automatically with the Fullfillment ID of the Parent Record, Account is also set on the Fullfillment Parent Record, but the Asset record can not be saved if we don't set the Account on it.

We built a process to set the Account on the Asset automatically when the Asset is being created from a Custom Fullfillment related list, but the saving is not working because Salesforce asks in advance for the filling of the Account field.

Probably process builder is not the best option for this requirement. I would appreciate tips which other possibilities would be suitable for this. Even when you set Account as non-required on the Asset layout, Salesforce is asking you to fill that field in advance.

I would appreciate tips, guys. I am not a developer but would like to know which other options we have for the solution of this requirement.

Hi all,
Salesforce sent us an automatic email with the details given in the following documentation:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000351312&type=1&mode=1

Is here someone who received this email and knows what exactly to do?. I already ran the Salesforce CLI (first command line) but there were no results:

sfdx force:data:soql:query -q "SELECT LogFile, EventType, CreatedDate FROM EventLogFile WHERE EventType IN ('API', 'RestApi')" -u <username>

I am wondering if such Salesforce suggestions would really help.

I would appreciate recommendations, tips.
Hi all,
we have the situation that cases are created and given to a queue first. When cases are created they have first the status 'New'.
We have more than a queue but we would like to make this happen:

If the status is New and the case owner is the queue Customer Support, if the owner changes from this queue to an individual user,the status of the case should change to 'Assigned'.

I have trying long hours to let this run but I am getting the process builder as failed.

For the condition I have been using this formula:

AND(
ISCHANGED([Case].OwnerId ),
PRIORVALUE([Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT([Case].OwnerId,3)= "005"
 )
Unfortunately I am getting the error:

Error Occurred During Flow "test": In the formula: AND( ISCHANGED({!myVariable_current.OwnerId} ), PRIORVA...

Error element myDecision (FlowDecision).
In the formula: AND(
ISCHANGED({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​ ),
PRIORVALUE({​​​!myVariable_current.Owner:Queue.DeveloperName}​​​) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​,3)= "005"
 ), the relationship reference accessing field: DeveloperName is unsupported in ISCHANGED and PRIORVALUE

I see there are some limitations using process builder for solving this requeriment.
Is there anyone here who knows how it would be with a trigger?.

Hi all,

is anybody here using the Strang Mass Field Download tool and encountered some limitations in the tool?.

Is the price still the current one?: 10$ per user per month?.

I am afraid they will take out the tool from the market and then users who purchased it won't be able to use the tool anymore. That is my fear.
Hi all,
as this is not standard in Salesforce I am researching if there are possibilities to mass download attachments from emails. For example, if our client sends us an email with 40 files and we would like to download all these files at once and not one at a time.
I would appreciate from your experience if you could recommend a tool for that.

Hi all,
I created a process builder flow which is unfortunately not doing what it should do.
I would like to send a custom notification to Queue members when the Case Status = New and either the Milestone in it is violated or is about to end.
This is the Action to be executed when the Milestone is about to end:

User-added image

User-added image

This wouldn't be so different when violated. The issue is probably the recipient. Probably you can not send custom notifications to a Queue or Queue members.

Can somebody please confirm me if I am wrong?
Hi all,

we are analyzing the use of permission groups for two teams, which don't have too many differences. We have differences in page layouts. Team A can see some fields on a Case page layout, that are not needed for Team B.
There are permission which are not needed for team B and needed in team A. Besides, Team A needs access to some objects, that Team B doesn't need.
Unfortunately permission set groups don't give you the possibility to assign page layouts, compact layouts, record pages which are assigned on the profile level.
If we use permission set groups how can we achieve a connection with such components?.
The another question is if we would need two permission  set groups as we have team A and team B.
I am trying to run a pair of vaildations rules, but they are not working good.
Here the requirements first (object Case):
Case Subtype should be filled if Case Status is either 'On Hold', 'Escalated' or (Case Status = 'Assigned' and Case Substatus = 'Assigned-Support')
Work-Size should be filled if Case Subtype is filled
All these are picklists.
The Case Substatus field is based on a picklist value set of the same name.

These are my validation rules:

1. Empty_Case_Type:

IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'On Hold'),
ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Escalated'),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Assigned'),ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'Assigned - Support'))),
true, false)
2. Empty_Work_Size:

IF(NOT(ISBLANK(TEXT(CaseType__c))),
true, false)
Unfortunately the combination is not working.
If I have already a value in the field Case Type and I choose Status=Assigned and Substatus='Assigned-Support' the validation rule is still asking me for selecting a value in the field Case Type OR

If I have already a value in both fields Case Type and Work Size and I choose Status= Assigned and Substatus='Assigned-Support' the validation rule still asks for selecting a value in the field Case Type.

No idea what can be wrong in my validation rules.
I would appreciate any advice.

Hi all,

I am unfortunately unable to make a fifth column visible in a Related List - Single component on a Lightning Record Page. This is about showing Cases from a Parent Account.
I tried changing the type of the related list as 'Enhanced list', but this doesn't change anything. I still see only 4 fields and their values in the component.
Does anybody know, if it is possible to show more than 4 fields/columns in a Related List - Single component?
Hi all,
Happy New Year!.

Here I am with a new question. A colleague of mine said best practice is to use Permission Set Groups and Permission Sets instead of Profiles. We are deploying through CI/CD (GIT) and he said there could be problems if using profiles.

I would appreciate if experts using Permission Set Groups could tell me from their experience. Is that so, it is better to use them instead of profiles?. In which cases it is better to use them?
Hi All,

I have a requirement to update field on child records when a field on its aasociated parent gets updated. I want to achieve this using flows. I am new to flows so could not able to do. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks.
  • September 26, 2018
Seeking a way to update case field after milestone processing. We have tried several options like flow with process builder, apex trigger (with/without @Future annotation) but ... whatever we try .... case field is not updated.

To sketch the scenario:
On the case, we would like to have a field to contain the deadline for the active milestone. So when we complete the current milestone ... this custom field get's populated with the deadline.

Now we can do this whenever a field update on the case has been performed ... but it seems that milestone processing takes place after triggers and after process builder. I have seen some samples out there but  ... I'm having a hard time to get this working while it sounds so easy.

- milestone is completed / case deadline is populated by next milestone

All help & support is much appreciated.
Hi all

I have an after update Trigger which runs off AgentWork. If the WorkItemId of the AgentWork record is a Case and field AcceptDateTime changes, then the Trigger updates a field on the related Case.

Now, all of that works like a charm. However, writing a Unit Test Class for this has proven slightly tricky and I'm hoping someone in here can help me with that.

I keep getting this error: "System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, The agent's status is not associated with the channel for this work.: [ServiceChannelId]"

The User inserting the AgentWork record in the Unit Test Class has a Profile which is coupled with our ServiceChannel and the AgentWork record I'm trying to insert has ServiceChannelId, WorkItemId (Id of Parent Case) and UserId (of User with correct Profile) set.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Søren Nødskov Hansen
Something Cloud