• 50 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am developing an Unlocked package that contains a simple application (a console application that contains two custom tables (Objects) used for configuring the core functionality of my package).
I was able to create a custom icon (Logo) for my app in my development org in the following way:
  1. create a public document fiolder
  2. upload, into that folder, my .png 'document'
  3. replace the default salesforce cloud with my custom icon in the Custom App Detail page. 
After which I used the Org Browser to retrieve the modified / added metadata items:

The XXXApp.app-meta.xml now has an entry
<logo>XXX_App_Resource/XXX_App_Icon</logo>
and I can retrieve the the Documents/XXX_App_Resource folder in the Org Browser, which gives me the following files:  
XXX_App_Icon
XXX_App_Icon.document-meta.xml
in my project structure; there is no DocumentFolder metadata for the document folder.

When trying to install the package the system complains:
ERROR running force:package:install:  Installation errors: 
1) (XXX_App_Resource/XXX_App_Icon.png) Cannot find folder:XXX_App_Resource, Details: XXX_App_Resource/XXX_App_Icon.png: Cannot find folder:XXX_App_Resource
Have I overlooked something, or Is there an other way of achieving what I intend to do? 
Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

here is the SOQL query and result for the folder 
[SELECT DeveloperName, AccessType, IsReadonly FROM Folder WHERE DeveloperName = 'XXX_App_Resource']

DEVELOPERNAME     ACCESSTYPE  ISREADONLY
────────────────  ──────────  ──────────
XXX_App_Resource  Public      true
and for the .png: 
[SELECT DeveloperName, BodyLength, ContentType, IsInternalUseOnly, IsPublic FROM Document WHERE Folder.DeveloperName = 'XXX_App_Resource']

DEVELOPERNAME  BODYLENGTH  CONTENTTYPE  ISINTERNALUSEONLY  ISPUBLIC
─────────────  ──────────  ───────────  ─────────────────  ────────
XXX_App_Icon   2030        image/png                       true

Please someone look into thes urgently - without solution to this issue I cannot deploy the package to production.

I am developing an unlocked package. When executing the command: 
force:package:version:create -p Package -d force-app -k key -w 10 -v DevHub
I get a great many errors thrown at me: some 320 errors listed for a total of 450 lines as counted by the execution of the unit test classes.
Note that:
  • All parts of the code have been tested on my developer org, I can deploy all components from my VS Code project with no problem at all.
  • All of the errors fall into one of a few categories
ComponentName: Variable does not exist: qli
ComponentName: Invalid type: QuoteLineItem
ComponentName: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: void getEntityAlias(QuoteLineItem) from the type ComponentName
ComponentName: DML requires SObject or SObject list type: List<QuoteLineItem>
  • when I add the --skipvalidation flag to the command the package builds with no errors. I can the install it on my scratch org and - according to the unit test execution - works as expected.

I am not sure this is the right forum for my issue; if it isn't, could someone please direct me to the correct person / team / instance.

The command SFDX: Execute Anonymous Apex with Currently Selected Text has stopped working. It returns the following error message:
  • Command 'SFDX: Execute Anonymous Apex with Currently Selected Text' resulted in an error (command 'sfdx.force.apex.execute.selection' not found)
Subsequent attempts to execute the command simply produces no output in the OUTPUT window, together with a succes or failure message, depending on whether my code comiles or not.

On the other hand, SFDX: Execute SOQL Query with Currently Selected Text  still works as expected:

My Visual Studio Code displays the following in Help > About
Version: 1.53.2 (user setup)
Commit: 622cb03f7e070a9670c94bae1a45d78d7181fbd4
Date: 2021-02-11T11:48:04.245Z
Electron: 11.2.1
Chrome: 87.0.4280.141
Node.js: 12.18.3
V8: 8.7.220.31-electron.0
when executing the force:package:version:create command, I get the message:
The package2 version create request failed because this organization has reached its daily limit
is there a way to know, for this and any of the other limits, when in the future I will be able to perform the action in question again, and how many times?
I have a custom field in Quote and a related custom field in Opportunity.
  • Is there a way the pre-populate the field in the New Quote dialog with the value from the Opportunity? At first I thought of using a default value formula but this doesn't allo cross-object references.
  • can someone point me to an example or give me some hint?
I am pretty new in salesforce development, which makes it the more important that I can rely on the documentation. To start with, I stumbled over this:
The QuoteLineItem doc for the Discount field (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_quotelineitem.htm) enumerates under Properties the following operations: Create, Filter, Nillable, Sort, Update
Wereas the OpportunityLineItem doc for the same field (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_opportunitylineitem.htm) has only this under Properties: Filter, Nillable, Sort
Questions:
  • is this an oversight in the doc ?
  • or am I wrong in assuming that Update signifies that I can update the field via Apex code ?
  • or else, where can I find an explanation that tells me how to interpret the entries under Properties ?
I am developing an Unlocked package that contains a simple application (a console application that contains two custom tables (Objects) used for configuring the core functionality of my package).
I was able to create a custom icon (Logo) for my app in my development org in the following way:
  1. create a public document fiolder
  2. upload, into that folder, my .png 'document'
  3. replace the default salesforce cloud with my custom icon in the Custom App Detail page. 
After which I used the Org Browser to retrieve the modified / added metadata items:

The XXXApp.app-meta.xml now has an entry
<logo>XXX_App_Resource/XXX_App_Icon</logo>
and I can retrieve the the Documents/XXX_App_Resource folder in the Org Browser, which gives me the following files:  
XXX_App_Icon
XXX_App_Icon.document-meta.xml
in my project structure; there is no DocumentFolder metadata for the document folder.

When trying to install the package the system complains:
ERROR running force:package:install:  Installation errors: 
1) (XXX_App_Resource/XXX_App_Icon.png) Cannot find folder:XXX_App_Resource, Details: XXX_App_Resource/XXX_App_Icon.png: Cannot find folder:XXX_App_Resource
Have I overlooked something, or Is there an other way of achieving what I intend to do? 
Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

here is the SOQL query and result for the folder 
[SELECT DeveloperName, AccessType, IsReadonly FROM Folder WHERE DeveloperName = 'XXX_App_Resource']

DEVELOPERNAME     ACCESSTYPE  ISREADONLY
────────────────  ──────────  ──────────
XXX_App_Resource  Public      true
and for the .png: 
[SELECT DeveloperName, BodyLength, ContentType, IsInternalUseOnly, IsPublic FROM Document WHERE Folder.DeveloperName = 'XXX_App_Resource']

DEVELOPERNAME  BODYLENGTH  CONTENTTYPE  ISINTERNALUSEONLY  ISPUBLIC
─────────────  ──────────  ───────────  ─────────────────  ────────
XXX_App_Icon   2030        image/png                       true

Please someone look into thes urgently - without solution to this issue I cannot deploy the package to production.

I am developing an unlocked package. When executing the command: 
force:package:version:create -p Package -d force-app -k key -w 10 -v DevHub
I get a great many errors thrown at me: some 320 errors listed for a total of 450 lines as counted by the execution of the unit test classes.
Note that:
  • All parts of the code have been tested on my developer org, I can deploy all components from my VS Code project with no problem at all.
  • All of the errors fall into one of a few categories
ComponentName: Variable does not exist: qli
ComponentName: Invalid type: QuoteLineItem
ComponentName: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: void getEntityAlias(QuoteLineItem) from the type ComponentName
ComponentName: DML requires SObject or SObject list type: List<QuoteLineItem>
  • when I add the --skipvalidation flag to the command the package builds with no errors. I can the install it on my scratch org and - according to the unit test execution - works as expected.

I am not sure this is the right forum for my issue; if it isn't, could someone please direct me to the correct person / team / instance.

The command SFDX: Execute Anonymous Apex with Currently Selected Text has stopped working. It returns the following error message:
  • Command 'SFDX: Execute Anonymous Apex with Currently Selected Text' resulted in an error (command 'sfdx.force.apex.execute.selection' not found)
Subsequent attempts to execute the command simply produces no output in the OUTPUT window, together with a succes or failure message, depending on whether my code comiles or not.

On the other hand, SFDX: Execute SOQL Query with Currently Selected Text  still works as expected:

My Visual Studio Code displays the following in Help > About
Version: 1.53.2 (user setup)
Commit: 622cb03f7e070a9670c94bae1a45d78d7181fbd4
Date: 2021-02-11T11:48:04.245Z
Electron: 11.2.1
Chrome: 87.0.4280.141
Node.js: 12.18.3
V8: 8.7.220.31-electron.0
when executing the force:package:version:create command, I get the message:
The package2 version create request failed because this organization has reached its daily limit
is there a way to know, for this and any of the other limits, when in the future I will be able to perform the action in question again, and how many times?
I have a custom field in Quote and a related custom field in Opportunity.
  • Is there a way the pre-populate the field in the New Quote dialog with the value from the Opportunity? At first I thought of using a default value formula but this doesn't allo cross-object references.
  • can someone point me to an example or give me some hint?
I am pretty new in salesforce development, which makes it the more important that I can rely on the documentation. To start with, I stumbled over this:
The QuoteLineItem doc for the Discount field (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_quotelineitem.htm) enumerates under Properties the following operations: Create, Filter, Nillable, Sort, Update
Wereas the OpportunityLineItem doc for the same field (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_opportunitylineitem.htm) has only this under Properties: Filter, Nillable, Sort
Questions:
  • is this an oversight in the doc ?
  • or am I wrong in assuming that Update signifies that I can update the field via Apex code ?
  • or else, where can I find an explanation that tells me how to interpret the entries under Properties ?