• Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I want to write a custom SFDX plugin so I'm following the instructions on https://www.salesforce.com/video/3594291/ and on https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_cli_plugins.meta/sfdx_cli_plugins/cli_plugins_generate.htm .

However, I get the following error when following the steps in the video and executing bin/run hello:org:
›   Error: command hello:org not found

Somehow, on another plugin I generated in a similar way, this was working, but when I renamed the src/commands/hello folder and the src/commands/hello/org.ts files, the changes were not getting picked up.

I'm very new to Node development so maybe there's something that's completely obvious to seasoned Node developers that I'm missing here.

Do I need to manually compile the Typescript files to JS before I can run? If so, how do I do that?

If I run tsc on the project, I get:
node_modules/@sinonjs/fake-timers/types/fake-timers-src.d.ts:11:28 - error TS2304: Cannot find name 'queueMicrotask'.

11     queueMicrotask: typeof queueMicrotask;
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

node_modules/@types/jsforce/query.d.ts:71:13 - error TS2368: Type parameter name cannot be 'never'.

71     finally<never>(): Promise<T>;
               ~~~~~

Found 2 errors.
Could that be the problem? How do I fix it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Frans
I've got a test class that starts:

@IsTest
private class WarehouseCalloutServiceTest {

@TestSetup
    public static void setup() {
        List<Product2> existingProducts = [ SELECT Id, StockKeepingUnit FROM Product2 ];
        System.debug('Existing products:');
        for (Product2 product : existingProducts) {
            System.debug('- ' + product);
        }

// Insert equipment
        List<Product2> equipmentList = new List<Product2>();
        // Maintenance cycle changes
        equipmentList.add(new Product2(
            Name = 'Generator 1000 kW',
            Cost__c = 5000,
            Current_Inventory__c = 6,
            StockKeepingUnit  = '100003',
            Lifespan_Months__c = 0,
            Maintenance_Cycle__c = 730,
            Replacement_Part__c = false
        ));
        // No changes
            Name = 'Cooling Fan',
            Cost__c = 300,
            Current_Inventory__c = 183,
            StockKeepingUnit  = '100004',
            Lifespan_Months__c = 0,
            Maintenance_Cycle__c = 0,
            Replacement_Part__c = true
        ));
        // Quantity changes
            Name = 'Fuse 20A',
            Cost__c = 22,
            Current_Inventory__c = 144,
            StockKeepingUnit  = '100005',
            Lifespan_Months__c = 0,
        ));
        // SKU 100006 doesn't exist yet
        System.debug('Inserting ' + equipmentList);
        insert equipmentList;        
    }

The loop that prints out existing products prints nothing.
However, the insert fails with an error: 
System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, A Equipment with this SKU already exists.: [StockKeepingUnit]

It's true that such a record already exists in my org. However, the tests are supposed to not see that data. So why is this insert failing?
Since a week or so I suddenly get `INVALID_SESSION_ID: Session expired or invalid` errors when trying to deploy to a sandbox. Around the same time, I suddenly started seeing the line `*** Deploying with REST ***` when running an `sfdx force:source:deploy`.

I never used to see my token expire before. Now I have to daily go and re-auth my org connection.

This seems like a regression. What's going on?
Hi all,

I want to write a custom SFDX plugin so I'm following the instructions on https://www.salesforce.com/video/3594291/ and on https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_cli_plugins.meta/sfdx_cli_plugins/cli_plugins_generate.htm .

However, I get the following error when following the steps in the video and executing bin/run hello:org:

Somehow, on another plugin I generated in a similar way, this was working, but when I renamed the src/commands/hello folder and the src/commands/hello/org.ts files, the changes were not getting picked up.

I'm very new to Node development so maybe there's something that's completely obvious to seasoned Node developers that I'm missing here.

Do I need to manually compile the Typescript files to JS before I can run? If so, how do I do that?

node_modules/@sinonjs/fake-timers/types/fake-timers-src.d.ts:11:28 - error TS2304: Cannot find name 'queueMicrotask'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

node_modules/@types/jsforce/query.d.ts:71:13 - error TS2368: Type parameter name cannot be 'never'.

~~~~~

Found 2 errors.

Cheers,
Frans
Since a week or so I suddenly get `INVALID_SESSION_ID: Session expired or invalid` errors when trying to deploy to a sandbox. Around the same time, I suddenly started seeing the line `*** Deploying with REST ***` when running an `sfdx force:source:deploy`.

I never used to see my token expire before. Now I have to daily go and re-auth my org connection.

Hi all,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

Found 2 errors.

Cheers,
Frans
When I attempt to push metadata to my scratch org, I get this error.

The formula references fields across 16 relationships while only 15 are allowed. Please contact support at salesforce.com for more assistance.

There are salesforce help documents  (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000315562&type=1&mode=1) that explain how to increase this limit (up to 20) for a sandbox/production org, but I can't find any documentation on how to increase this for a scratch org.

Having to contact support to increase the limit on a scratch org is not a suitable answer as scratch orgs are meant to be quick and easy to spin up development environments, that would run completely counter to that.

Is there a scratch org configuration value that I can't find that would increase the number of formula references I can have? I've tried including
AddCustomRelationships:<value>
in my scratch org definition file (used 10 for the value), but that didn't work. I don't think that scratch org feature is related to spanning relationships.

I've got a test class that starts:

@IsTest
private class WarehouseCalloutServiceTest {

@TestSetup
    public static void setup() {
        List<Product2> existingProducts = [ SELECT Id, StockKeepingUnit FROM Product2 ];
        System.debug('Existing products:');
        for (Product2 product : existingProducts) {
            System.debug('- ' + product);
        }

// Insert equipment
        List<Product2> equipmentList = new List<Product2>();
        // Maintenance cycle changes
            Name = 'Generator 1000 kW',
            Cost__c = 5000,
            Current_Inventory__c = 6,
            StockKeepingUnit  = '100003',
            Lifespan_Months__c = 0,
            Maintenance_Cycle__c = 730,
            Replacement_Part__c = false
        ));
        // No changes
            Name = 'Cooling Fan',
            Cost__c = 300,
            Current_Inventory__c = 183,
            StockKeepingUnit  = '100004',
            Lifespan_Months__c = 0,
        ));
        // Quantity changes
            Name = 'Fuse 20A',
            Cost__c = 22,
            Current_Inventory__c = 144,
            StockKeepingUnit  = '100005',
            Lifespan_Months__c = 0,
        ));
        // SKU 100006 doesn't exist yet
        System.debug('Inserting ' + equipmentList);
        insert equipmentList;        
    }

The loop that prints out existing products prints nothing.
However, the insert fails with an error: 
System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, A Equipment with this SKU already exists.: [StockKeepingUnit]

It's true that such a record already exists in my org. However, the tests are supposed to not see that data. So why is this insert failing?

Hello everyone,

I'm working on the intranet of our company, which has been set up through Visualforce pages.

Currently the URL reads something similar to : company--c.eu8.visual.force.com/apex

Is it possible to change company--c.eu8(.visual.force) to simply intranet?

It's important to note that this is an internal site, only employees with Salesforce credentials can access this site. 

Thanks a lot for any help
Is it possible to customize the email notifications sent to users for Chatter events?

More specifically, when a user creates a feed item, gets a comment to a feed item or comments following theirs, Salesforce sends an email notification. I couldn't find any email template, nor trigger, nor any other means to change the email content.

I was searching and found in the following links that that was not possible.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/7734/how-to-customize-the-email-template-on-chatter-posts
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000HA1sAAG#

As the replies and idea were created many years ago, I would like to know if it still is not possible to customize the email notification sent to the users. If that is still the case, what are the alternatives? Should I mass update all the users preferences to not be notified on Chatter events and create a trigger to email users with a custom email template for all these events (feed creation and comments).

In my current development org, I add a custom link on an object which is defined in a managed package. Now I am trying to persist the metadata and then migrate this custom link to another org. According to Force.com Migration Tool Guide, <Type> element with value 'Weblink' should be manually specified in package.xml. It also says, 'this type is retrieved or deployed as part of a custom object file. You must dot-qualify the object name before the component name.'. I put it like the following code in package.xml but it is not grabbing any custom link metadata in the custom object as is expected. Any comments would be highly appreciated.

<types>
    <members>[packagePrefix.customObject__c].[customLinkName]</members>
    <name>Weblink</name>
</types>

• December 14, 2010
When I attempt to push metadata to my scratch org, I get this error.

The formula references fields across 16 relationships while only 15 are allowed. Please contact support at salesforce.com for more assistance.

There are salesforce help documents  (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000315562&type=1&mode=1) that explain how to increase this limit (up to 20) for a sandbox/production org, but I can't find any documentation on how to increase this for a scratch org.

Having to contact support to increase the limit on a scratch org is not a suitable answer as scratch orgs are meant to be quick and easy to spin up development environments, that would run completely counter to that.

Is there a scratch org configuration value that I can't find that would increase the number of formula references I can have? I've tried including
AddCustomRelationships:<value>
in my scratch org definition file (used 10 for the value), but that didn't work. I don't think that scratch org feature is related to spanning relationships.