• 5 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I try to reset the source tracking of my scratch org using the 'sfdx project reset tracking' SFDX command, I will always get an socket connection timeout. This command will fail with the following error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error (1): request to https://inspiration-app-6208-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v58.0/tooling/query/0r8xx1rSAGmGcutA2C-18000 failed, reason: Socket connection timeout

It seems to timeout when retrieving the status of the files from the org using a REST API call. I've tried several things to try and fix this issue, all to no avail. 

I have tried to:

1. First do a 'sfdx project reset tracking' before resetting the tracking
  2. Reverting to an older version of SFDX CLI
  3. Using the old 'sfdx force:source:tracking:reset' command
  4. Creating a new scratch org and trying to reset my source code with that one
  5. Try resetting my source tracking using a different wifi netwerk
  6. Use 'sfdx doctor' to retrieve log files
Does anyone know why this particular issue occurs or how to possibly solve it? 
We want to provide community users with the ability to configure multi factor authentication. If a user who has a device connected but recently got a new phone, we would like to offer this user the ability to disconnect the old device. But in order to do that, we first need to know if the user has a device connected.

Does anyone know if you can detect/query if a specific user has a multi factor authentication method configured? Either with Apex, an API call or some other method we have not thought of?

Any help will be much appreciated.

We are currently creating a LWC community registration page and we want to implement the Googlge reCAPTCHA module. We are unable to use this module because of the locker services, which prevents access to the DOM. 

Does anyone perhaps know a method to implement the reCAPTCHA module in an LWC communtiy page?

We are trying to create a custom forgot password page where an user can request a reset of their password. We are using a Visualforce email template with a custom Visualforce component to customize the content of the email.

Unfortunately, no email is received if we add an apex controller class to our custom Visualforce component. So, if we use an custom Visualforce component with no Apex controller and some static text, the user receives a reset email. But if we use an custom Visualforce component with an empty Apex controller and some static text, the user does not receive a reset email.

We have added the apex controller to both the profile and permission set of the public community user, to no avail. When we create an email log file, we see that no emails are sent. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Our setup

We have a Lightning community with a custom "Forgot password" page. We added a custom LWC component where a user can enter their username. When the press "Submit", we call the "Site.forgotPassword()" method with the provided username.

We use a Visualforce email template to send the email. The template is located in a public folder. The template contains a custom Visualforce component that has a custom Apex controller linked.

The custom Apex Controller is added to the profile and permission set of the public community user. Email deliverability access level is set to 'All email'.

We are currently in the process of creating a community login page, which works fine for logging in the community itself. Unfortunately we still have alot of legacy Salesforce "Classic" code that users will still need access to. If you try to login with a portal user in community, that user will only be logged into that specific community.

Our community login page is setup similarly as described here: https://dreamevent.secure.force.com/articleView?id=sf.networks_customize_login_page.htm&type=5. With the added difference that we created a Lightning page instead of a VisualForce one.

Does anyone know how we can give that user access to Salesforce "Classic" too with a community login page?

When I try to reset the source tracking of my scratch org using the 'sfdx project reset tracking' SFDX command, I will always get an socket connection timeout. This command will fail with the following error message:

Error (1): request to https://inspiration-app-6208-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v58.0/tooling/query/0r8xx1rSAGmGcutA2C-18000 failed, reason: Socket connection timeout

It seems to timeout when retrieving the status of the files from the org using a REST API call. I've tried several things to try and fix this issue, all to no avail. 

I have tried to:

1. First do a 'sfdx project reset tracking' before resetting the tracking
  2. Reverting to an older version of SFDX CLI
  3. Using the old 'sfdx force:source:tracking:reset' command
  4. Creating a new scratch org and trying to reset my source code with that one
  5. Try resetting my source tracking using a different wifi netwerk
  6. Use 'sfdx doctor' to retrieve log files
Does anyone know why this particular issue occurs or how to possibly solve it? 
Hello,

I need to query all related task of the current contact. But If I run my code below I get always an error: Invalid bind expression type of TaskRelation for Id field of SObject Task

What is wrong? :-(

List<Taskrelation> RelatedTaskIds = [select taskId from taskrelation where relationid = :currentRecordId];                
for(Task a: [select Id, Subject, CreatedDate, Createdby.Name, Owner.Name, RecordType.Name, Status, Who.Name, Who.Id, What.Name from Task where Id In :RelatedTaskIds]) {
    wrapperList.add(new Wrapper(a, 'Task'));
}

Thanks,
Sascha

We are trying to create a custom forgot password page where an user can request a reset of their password. We are using a Visualforce email template with a custom Visualforce component to customize the content of the email.

Unfortunately, no email is received if we add an apex controller class to our custom Visualforce component. So, if we use an custom Visualforce component with no Apex controller and some static text, the user receives a reset email. But if we use an custom Visualforce component with an empty Apex controller and some static text, the user does not receive a reset email.

We have added the apex controller to both the profile and permission set of the public community user, to no avail. When we create an email log file, we see that no emails are sent. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Our setup

We have a Lightning community with a custom "Forgot password" page. We added a custom LWC component where a user can enter their username. When the press "Submit", we call the "Site.forgotPassword()" method with the provided username.

We use a Visualforce email template to send the email. The template is located in a public folder. The template contains a custom Visualforce component that has a custom Apex controller linked.

The custom Apex Controller is added to the profile and permission set of the public community user. Email deliverability access level is set to 'All email'.