• Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, 
We just strated Outlook integration in Salesforce and I found some issues. 
1-Create  New opportunity button is not avaible althought it was added to the  Email Application Publisher.
User-added image
User-added image
2- Related opportunities are not showing even if the email is associated with a contact that have an opportunity in Salesforce. Controle role is added. 
User-added image
could you please advice? 
thank you 
Hi all, 
I have a flow that update a custom field called Comment. from the Account record page , a user select multiple opportunities and update this fields.
The problem, is when Close date is in the past , the flow is producing an error because of the validation rule that we have for close date ( must be in the present or in the future). 
Could you please advice on a solution to prevent this error to occur ? 
thank you 
Hi everyone, 
So I'm working on a screen flow that will allow user to update a Text field on multiple oportunities living on the same account .
User need to go to the account page , clic on a button , select the opportunities they want, then will get a screen to input their updates. 
so the flow I have, is able to display available opttys , select from the list , enter their updates. but once saved , the updates are not made. nothing happen. 
Could you please advice ? 
thank you User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Hi all ! hope everyone is doing good :) 
I would like to know what is the best practice in the following use case.
In my org , we are adding different products to the same opportunity. We want to have a revenue projection for year ahead by using Schedules by revenue & Quantity. we are entering the schedules starting stages 7&8 ( I am not sure if it a good practice) 
the problem we have : 
- one product can have different prices from a customer to another. the price can also change during the time delivery , for instance it can be $75 pm march then 100 $ on July.

What are the best practices to add our products, pricing and being able to have a projection of our orders ? 
thank you 
Hi all, 
I had an email from a user that when he is trying to access accounts in salesforce that he is getting this error  : 
error 1867065672-402592 (898194796)
He have all the necessary acess . account is set as public read only.
I logged as him and I was able to login. I m wondering if it is related to the server.
anyone can help me to solve the problem ?
thank you :) 
i all , good day ! 
At my company, we want to generate a forecasting projection of revenue for current year and next year. 
We have 2 different volumes? quantity : 
- Orders :  which is the estimated  volume ? quantity
- Closed : which is the real quantity after applying a percentage provided by the accounting (Pull through).
We are using schedule to enter the projected Closed volume and Revenue .
I would like to know if there is a way to add a field in the schedule product to add a custom fiels for Closed ( with the pull through percentage applied ) within the product schedules? 
could you please advice ? 
 User-added image
Hi All, 
We want to require user to login with SSO and preventing them to login using their username and password . I followed the instructions found here : 
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.sso_enforce_sso_login.htm&type=5

But We want the admins to be able to login both ways : SSO and username + password.
the option : Is Single Sign-On Enabled is deselected for the administrator profile. but when an admin try to login using his username and password. it doesn't work.
How can we do that ? 
Good day everyone !
I have a question regarding adding the same product with different quantities. 
For instance, we have an opportunity with close date of 06/1/2022, we need to add the Product A , with an anticipated volume of 50 units on  jun, 100 units on July and 150 units  on august and beyond.  When adding the product , I need to add the same product seeral tim ein order to enter the different quantities and dates.
Is there a solution to add the product once and precice the diferents quantites and product dates ?
thank you so very much 
Hi everyone ! 
I am tasked to add a  product in Salesforce and its price. the standard price of this product is  3500/ year, I am thinking to use Schedule product but I am not sure how can I add this product to the Price book how does this will impact the calculation of revenue  and forecasting? 
Other product will be price by order.
thank you 
Hi everyone, good day, 
I am trying to enable configure revenue insights, when i search for it in setup , it doesn't appear.
we currently have entreprise edition  and using sales app.
thank you in advance for you advice and guidance 
Hi everyone, 
Currently we are using a custom field (text)  to enter the anticipated Volume and we would like to forecast on this field and revenue. For instance,  anticipated volume is equal to 30/60/90 , which means  that we are expecting 30 orders in 1  month, 60 in 2 month and  90 in 3 months.

I know that we can only forecast on a currency and a number. so we had  created 3 custom fields type number : Expected volume in 1 month, Expected volume in 2 months and Expected volume in 3 months.
we are wondering if we can forecast on this 3 custom fields and how to do it ? 

I appreciate your time and advice, 
thank you
Hi everyone, 
I am working with the IT departement in order to configurate  SSO for Salesforce. They asked me to provide then the Developer Account URL and I don't have an idea where I can find it. 
probably looks like something like this (https://<subdomain>-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com (https://%3csubdomain%3e-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)).:

Any idea  where can I find it ? 

Hi everyone, 
I'm looking for a solution to encourage users to update the Close date. Indeed, close date we have in reports are not accurate , some of them are in the past ! 
Can we employ validation rules to solve this issue ? 
thank you for your help 

Hi everyone, 
When an account is transfered , related opportunities are also been transferred. I need to prevent that. 
I used Triggers and Apex Class that I've copied from a forum. I am not very familiar with coding.
Indeed, this solution is only working when the account is newly created. It doesn't work for the existing accounts and opportunities.
Also, it's not working if there is an active automation process. 

Could you please help to resolve the problem ? Thank you in advance for your help! 
Please, see below all the elements I've used.
2 custom fields have been created : previous owner and Owner Flag

Account Trigger : 
trigger AccountTrigger on Account (before insert,after insert,after update,before Update)
{
           if(Trigger.IsUpdate && Trigger.isAfter)
           {
               AccountUtilities.updateOppOwnerOnOpp(trigger.new,trigger.newMap,trigger.oldmap);
           }  
}

Opportunity Trigger 
trigger OpportunityTriggers on Opportunity (before insert,after insert,before update,after update) 
{
    if(Trigger.isInsert && trigger.isBefore){
        OpportunityUtils.updatePreviousOwner(trigger.new);
    }
     if(Trigger.isUpdate && trigger.isBefore){
        OpportunityUtils.updatePreviousOwnerBeforeUpdate(trigger.new,trigger.oldMap);
    }
    if(trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isUpdate){
        OpportunityUtils.assignPrevOwner(trigger.new,trigger.oldMap);
    }
}

Account Apex class : 

public class AccountUtilities
{

public static void updateOppOwnerOnOpp(List<Account> lstAccs,Map<Id,Account> newMap,Map<Id,Account> oldMap){
        set<id> accId = new set<id>();
        List<opportunity> oppList = new List<Opportunity>();
        List<opportunity> oppListToUpdate = new List<Opportunity>();
        for(Account acc:lstAccs)  {
           if(newMap.get(acc.id).ownerId!=oldMap.get(acc.id).ownerId){
             accId.add(acc.Id);   
            }
        }
oppList = [select id,Owner_Flag__c from opportunity where accountid in :accId AND StageName!='Closed Won' AND StageName!='Closed Lost'] ;
               for(opportunity opp:oppList){
            if(opp.Owner_Flag__c==true){
              opp.Owner_Flag__c=false;  
            }else{
               opp.Owner_Flag__c=true;   
            }            
               oppListToUpdate.add(opp);
            }

if(oppListToUpdate.Size()>0){
            update oppListToUpdate;
        }
    }
}

Opportunity Apex Class : 
public class OpportunityUtils 
{
    public static void updatePreviousOwner(List<Opportunity> oppList){
        for(Opportunity objOppty :oppList){                
            objOppty.Previous_Owner__c=objOppty.OwnerId;
        }
    }

public static void updatePreviousOwnerBeforeUpdate(List<Opportunity> oppList,Map<Id,Opportunity> oldMap){
                if(trigger.isUpdate){
                    if(objOppty.ownerId!=oldMap.get(objOppty.id).ownerId){
                    }
                }
        }
    }
    public static void assignPrevOwner(List<Opportunity> oppList,Map<Id,Opportunity> oldMap){
       List<Opportunity> oppToUpdateList = new List<Opportunity>(); 
                    if(objOppty.Owner_Flag__c!=oldMap.get(objOppty.id).Owner_Flag__c){
                        opportunity op = new opportunity(id=objOppty.id);
                        if(objOppty.Previous_Owner__c!=null){
                            op.ownerId=objOppty.Previous_Owner__c; 
                            oppToUpdateList.add(op);
                        }
                    }
       }
       if(oppToUpdateList.Size()>0){
            update oppToUpdateList;
        } 
    }
}

Hi everyone, 
I need to creat a list of account in certain opportunity status then I've created a custom Report Type Contacts with opportunities . 
the thing is that I lost some data like the importunity name ,  certain custom fields and even the filter does not work ! 
Anyone have an explnation to this ?
thank you !

Hi eveyone, 
I have a role of salesforce administrator and in the company where I am working there is only developer sandbox to use. I would like to know if there is a possibility to deploy my change into the production envirement org ? in my knowledge, it is not possible. I just wanna have your point of view of the best practice to deploy the changes . 
thank you 
Hi all, 
I have a flow that update a custom field called Comment. from the Account record page , a user select multiple opportunities and update this fields.
The problem, is when Close date is in the past , the flow is producing an error because of the validation rule that we have for close date ( must be in the present or in the future). 
Could you please advice on a solution to prevent this error to occur ? 
thank you 
Hi everyone, 
So I'm working on a screen flow that will allow user to update a Text field on multiple oportunities living on the same account .
User need to go to the account page , clic on a button , select the opportunities they want, then will get a screen to input their updates. 
so the flow I have, is able to display available opttys , select from the list , enter their updates. but once saved , the updates are not made. nothing happen. 
thank you User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Hi all, 
I had an email from a user that when he is trying to access accounts in salesforce that he is getting this error  : 
error 1867065672-402592 (898194796)
He have all the necessary acess . account is set as public read only.
I logged as him and I was able to login. I m wondering if it is related to the server.
anyone can help me to solve the problem ?
i all , good day ! 
At my company, we want to generate a forecasting projection of revenue for current year and next year. 
We have 2 different volumes? quantity : 
- Orders :  which is the estimated  volume ? quantity
- Closed : which is the real quantity after applying a percentage provided by the accounting (Pull through).
We are using schedule to enter the projected Closed volume and Revenue .
I would like to know if there is a way to add a field in the schedule product to add a custom fiels for Closed ( with the pull through percentage applied ) within the product schedules? 
could you please advice ? 
 User-added image
Hi All, 
We want to require user to login with SSO and preventing them to login using their username and password . I followed the instructions found here : 
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.sso_enforce_sso_login.htm&type=5

But We want the admins to be able to login both ways : SSO and username + password.
the option : Is Single Sign-On Enabled is deselected for the administrator profile. but when an admin try to login using his username and password. it doesn't work.
How can we do that ? 
Good day everyone !
I have a question regarding adding the same product with different quantities. 
For instance, we have an opportunity with close date of 06/1/2022, we need to add the Product A , with an anticipated volume of 50 units on  jun, 100 units on July and 150 units  on august and beyond.  When adding the product , I need to add the same product seeral tim ein order to enter the different quantities and dates.
Is there a solution to add the product once and precice the diferents quantites and product dates ?
thank you so very much 
Hi everyone, good day, 
I am trying to enable configure revenue insights, when i search for it in setup , it doesn't appear.
we currently have entreprise edition  and using sales app.
thank you in advance for you advice and guidance 
Hi everyone, 
I am working with the IT departement in order to configurate  SSO for Salesforce. They asked me to provide then the Developer Account URL and I don't have an idea where I can find it. 
probably looks like something like this (https://<subdomain>-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com (https://%3csubdomain%3e-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)).:

Any idea  where can I find it ? 

Hi everyone, 
I'm looking for a solution to encourage users to update the Close date. Indeed, close date we have in reports are not accurate , some of them are in the past ! 
Can we employ validation rules to solve this issue ? 
thank you for your help 

Hi everyone, 
When an account is transfered , related opportunities are also been transferred. I need to prevent that. 
I used Triggers and Apex Class that I've copied from a forum. I am not very familiar with coding.
Indeed, this solution is only working when the account is newly created. It doesn't work for the existing accounts and opportunities.
Also, it's not working if there is an active automation process. 

Could you please help to resolve the problem ? Thank you in advance for your help! 
Please, see below all the elements I've used.
2 custom fields have been created : previous owner and Owner Flag

Account Trigger : 
trigger AccountTrigger on Account (before insert,after insert,after update,before Update)
{
           if(Trigger.IsUpdate && Trigger.isAfter)
           {
               AccountUtilities.updateOppOwnerOnOpp(trigger.new,trigger.newMap,trigger.oldmap);
           }  
}

Opportunity Trigger 
trigger OpportunityTriggers on Opportunity (before insert,after insert,before update,after update) 
{
    if(Trigger.isInsert && trigger.isBefore){
        OpportunityUtils.updatePreviousOwner(trigger.new);
    }
     if(Trigger.isUpdate && trigger.isBefore){
        OpportunityUtils.updatePreviousOwnerBeforeUpdate(trigger.new,trigger.oldMap);
    }
    if(trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isUpdate){
        OpportunityUtils.assignPrevOwner(trigger.new,trigger.oldMap);
    }
}

Account Apex class : 

public class AccountUtilities
{

public static void updateOppOwnerOnOpp(List<Account> lstAccs,Map<Id,Account> newMap,Map<Id,Account> oldMap){
        set<id> accId = new set<id>();
        List<opportunity> oppList = new List<Opportunity>();
        List<opportunity> oppListToUpdate = new List<Opportunity>();
        for(Account acc:lstAccs)  {
           if(newMap.get(acc.id).ownerId!=oldMap.get(acc.id).ownerId){
             accId.add(acc.Id);   
            }
        }
oppList = [select id,Owner_Flag__c from opportunity where accountid in :accId AND StageName!='Closed Won' AND StageName!='Closed Lost'] ;
               for(opportunity opp:oppList){
            if(opp.Owner_Flag__c==true){
              opp.Owner_Flag__c=false;  
            }else{
               opp.Owner_Flag__c=true;   
            }            
               oppListToUpdate.add(opp);
            }

if(oppListToUpdate.Size()>0){
            update oppListToUpdate;
        }
    }
}

Opportunity Apex Class : 
public class OpportunityUtils 
{
    public static void updatePreviousOwner(List<Opportunity> oppList){
        }
    }

public static void updatePreviousOwnerBeforeUpdate(List<Opportunity> oppList,Map<Id,Opportunity> oldMap){
                if(trigger.isUpdate){
                    if(objOppty.ownerId!=oldMap.get(objOppty.id).ownerId){
                    }
                }
        }
    }
    public static void assignPrevOwner(List<Opportunity> oppList,Map<Id,Opportunity> oldMap){
       List<Opportunity> oppToUpdateList = new List<Opportunity>(); 
                    if(objOppty.Owner_Flag__c!=oldMap.get(objOppty.id).Owner_Flag__c){
                        opportunity op = new opportunity(id=objOppty.id);
                        if(objOppty.Previous_Owner__c!=null){
                            op.ownerId=objOppty.Previous_Owner__c; 
                            oppToUpdateList.add(op);
                        }
                    }
       }
       if(oppToUpdateList.Size()>0){
            update oppToUpdateList;
        } 
    }
}

Hi everyone, 
I need to creat a list of account in certain opportunity status then I've created a custom Report Type Contacts with opportunities . 
the thing is that I lost some data like the importunity name ,  certain custom fields and even the filter does not work ! 
Anyone have an explnation to this ?
thank you !

Hi eveyone, 
I have a role of salesforce administrator and in the company where I am working there is only developer sandbox to use. I would like to know if there is a possibility to deploy my change into the production envirement org ? in my knowledge, it is not possible. I just wanna have your point of view of the best practice to deploy the changes . 
thank you