• 5 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

The published Sforce API allows me to develop code that accesses data in a salesforce.com application database. This is quite different from being able to develop an entirely different application (for airline crew scheduling for instance), to deploy it on the sforce platform and hence make it available to the world at large as a hosted service. My reading of Sforce is that it is intended to support these kinds of "orthogonol, sforce-enabled, stand-alone applications" but I do not see any direct support for this at this point. Maybe I don't understand what is meant by sforce-enabled, stand-alone applications. Maybe we are still talking futures ... Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

• June 16, 2003

Hi,

We display our web application within a salesforce window using WIL and with Internet Explorer 6 when using our application (within salesforce window), the session between our application and the browser gets lost.  If we log into our web application and hence establish a session with the browser and then we log into salesforce and display our application within salesforce then we don't have any problems.  However, if we log into salesforce and bring up our application within salesforce window and the log into our application establish a session with the browser (IFRAME) then the session gets lost while the user interacts with our application. This problem doesn't occur with IE 5.0 or 5.5 and Mozilla browsers.

Have others experienced this problem?  Is this a problem with IFRAME implemention in IE 6?  Is there any solution to this?

Regards,

Len Takeuchi

Salescentrix.com

• February 20, 2004