• 10 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possable to access the Lead Mapping meta data?

I would like to know what lead fields are mapped to contact/account fields (for conversion) via the API.

Regards;
GlennW
If you want to see what can be done in a few hours using the Sforce API check out the 2 new freeware applications that we have published. They can be found at http://www.crmfusion.com/freeware

One is a simple tool (Send2Salesforce) that will allow you to select several files in windows explorer and then use the "SendTo" menu to attach the files to salesforce Accounts/Contacts/Cases/Opportunities. You can also drag and drop files onto the desktop icon to add the attachments.

The other tool allows you to drag files from windows explorer to the Doc2Salesforce application and then add them as salesforce documents. You can also create/rename folders from the application, Delete documents or save local copies on your computer. By right-clicking on the documents you can open them up in salesforce.com

We've spend about 9hrs on each of the tools. This show you how powerful the Sforce API is when you can build functional applications in just a few hours.

Cheers;
Glenn Wilson
CRMfusion Inc.
www.crmfusion.com

Is there any way to access the forecast information via the API?

GlennW

• December 30, 2005

For some reason (this has been happening for the last 2 or so days) when I do a describeSObject("Account") it takes between 15-20 seconds.  All other tables take around 1 second. 

When I use the sforceExplorer it takes just one second on the Account table.  I'm using the Partner API v3.0

Any Ideas?

Note: This happens on both a production and development account.

GlennW

Message Edited by GlennW on 07-08-2004 07:51 PM

What will cause the error message: "invalid cross reference id Status code: 34ID"

GlennW

Is there full support in the 3.0 API for multi-byte character support?

Regards;
GlennW

When creating a partner object I receive an error if the "Role" field is blank.  In my case I am cloning objects where there is no value for the "Role" field.  Is this a bug? 

As the Role is not a manditory field I would think that it would not be required.

>> I've also tried to force the "Role" field to null by setting the .fieldstoNull property but I still get the
>> error saying that Role is required.  The exact error is:

>>StatusCode: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING
>>message: Required fields are missing: [Role]

Cheers;
GlennW

Message Edited by GlennW on 06-15-2004 01:57 PM

When I try to update the "OpportunityId" field for an "OpportunityCompetitor" object I don't receive any errors but the OpportunityId is not changed (i.e. the Competitor is not moved to the new Opportunity).  According to the meta-data the OpportunityId field for this object is updateable.

Any Ideas?

Cheers;
GlennW

If I am trying to update the AccountID of a Contact or Opportunityand the owner of the Contact or Opportunity is inactive it will not update the object (even though as an admin I have Update all object rights).

Is this a bug?  Is there a simple workaround?

GlennW

Is there any way via the API (or even the UI) to Un-Archive an archived task?  As they are not accessable via the API I'm looking for some form of workaround to be able to update these objects.

Cheers;
GlennW
www.demandtools.com

I've had this happen 3 times but I can't seem to ever replicate the error.  It occurs on pulls of a large number of records from salesforce via a Query (and queryMore) call.  The number of records returned is less (it has always been by 1) then then .size attribute on the QueryResult object.

In other words the .size may be 12000 but the .records contains only 11999 sobjects

Has anyone else run into this problem or is it a known problem?  I'm guessing that it could be caused by an object being deleted during the query process and the .size not being updated.

GlennW
www.demandtools.com

Message Edited by GlennW on 05-24-2004 03:18 PM

Is it possable to access the currently available Lead Assignement Rules via the API?

Cheers;
GlennW

What is the maximum size for an Id array when making a retrieve call?

I found out that if you send in an array with 2207 Account Id's you get the soap error:

"EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT_ON_RETRIEVE: retrieve id limit reached"

Cheers;
GlennW

I'm not sure if it's just a new update of McAfee but this morning I received the following event on my McAfee firewall when using API v3.0:

A computer at www.salesforce.com  has attempted an unsolicited connection to TCP port 1754 on your computer.
TCP port 1754 is commonly used by the "oracle-em2" service or program. 

Any idea on what is happening?

GlennW

The one thing that would be great in the API would be to have the ability to access "Parent" tables on a SOQL query that could have a child object in the "Where" clause. 

For example it would be great if I could send in the query:

SELECT FirstName, LastName, Account.Name, Account.BillingCity FROM Contact Where LastName LIKE 'B%' AND Owner.RoleID = '1234xxxx1234'

The child query is not as important as the partent table access.

GlennW

I'm looking for a QA resource for a short contract to put a salesforce deduping and mass insert/update through a testing process.

The initial pass will take about 25hrs

If you fully understand salesforce.com EE feel free to drop me a line.

Glenn Wilson
glenn.wilson@demandtools.com

***Note to Admin***  Feel free to move this message to a different location on the forums.  It may be a good idea to put in a classified section for these types of requests.

On custom objects is it always the case that:

• If it is linked to an account object it will contain the field account__c that is a reference to the accountId
  • if it is linked to a contact object it will contain the field contact__c that is a referenc to the contactId
  • depending on the linkage type this field could or could not be updateable

Cheers;

• April 30, 2004

Will all custom objects have their table name postfixed with "__C"

It appears to be that way from describeGlobal results but I just wanted to be sure that all __C tables always represent custom objects.

It would be cool (as a wishlist) to put a few more properties on the DescribeGlobalResult object such as:

.IsCustom as boolean
.PrimaryLinkObjects() as string
.PrimaryLinkObjectIdFields() as string

This way I could find all tables that had a primary links to the account table with just a describeGlobal call.

Cheers;
GlennW

• April 30, 2004

As part of an account merge I would like to move account share objects from one account to another.  Because the accountID on the account share is not updateable I simply Clone the object and create it with the new accountID.  This works great for Notes, attachments and other objects that don't allow the parentID to be updated.

Here is my problem.... When I do this to an account share I get an error that says: "Message: insufficient access rights on cross-reference id Status code: 26ID"

The data that I am sending is: Created Clone AccountShare [AccountId:00130000001JQtLAAW] [UserOrGroupId:00530000000cOyXAAU] [AccountAccessLevel:All] [OpportunityAccessLevel:Edit] [CaseAccessLevel:Edit]

I'm logged in with full admin rights.

Any Ideas?

Cheers;
GlennW

• April 28, 2004

Is there a way for a customer to determine their OrganizationID from the salesforce.com user interface?

GlennW

• April 27, 2004

I'm new to using the API so I need to clarify something for my own sanity.  As I understand it...

You cannot assign a NULL value directly to any sObject field like so:
    Dim acct as sforce.Account
    acct.ParentID = NULL 

so you must use the FieldsToNull approach which is something like this:
    acct.fieldsToNull = New String() {"ParentId"}

What if I have more than one field that needs setting to NULL, can I do the following:
    acct.fieldsToNull = New String() {"ParentId"}
    acct.fieldsToNull = New String() {"Website"}

or do I have to do this:
    acct.fieldsToNull = New String() {"ParentId","Website"}

If the second is the case, its ridiculous!  Do you know what kind of a headache it is to have to loop through an entire datarow just looking for NULL values (which can differ everytime), then have to create this array and then have to assign all the non Null values? 

And fieldsToNull only works when using binding.update, correct?  So if I need to set fields to NULL when creating an object do I just skip them?  If so, that's an even bigger pain!  What are the odds that someone will decide to alter the functionality of the API so the following works more efficiently?
    For j As Integer = 0 To drFiltered.Length - 1
       account = New sforce.Account
       With account
           .Name = drFiltered(j).Item("Name")
           .Type = drFiltered(j).Item("Type")
           .ParentId = drFiltered(j).Item("ParentID")    'may or may not be NULL
           .Phone = drFiltered(j).Item("Phone")    'may or may not be NULL
           .Fax = drFiltered(j).Item("Fax")    'may or may not be NULL
           .Website = drFiltered(j).Item("Website")    'may or may not be NULL
       End With
       accs(j) = account
    Next
    Dim sr() As sforce.SaveResult = _binding.create(accs)

Sorry, but I'm incredibly frustrated with this!

Message Edited by SatelliteMike on 07-25-2005 10:51 AM

Message Edited by SatelliteMike on 07-25-2005 10:53 AM

We are receiving this error message when trying to sync Outlook and Sforce using the Intellisync application.

"User information could not be retrieved from the main system."

When i search support for help, i get this response:

Solution Title: Intellisync error " User info can not be retrieved from the main system"
Solution Description: You will get the error "user info can not be retrieved from the main system" if you are trying to run Intellisync and you do not administrative rights on your local machine.

With Version 2.0.2.33 the user who installs and runs Intellisync needs to have administrative rights on the local machine.

We are running Windows XP Pro. The users do not have admin rights but i cannot believe that is a requirement to use the software. The application runs fine when logged in administratively, but giving admin rights to all users is out of the question.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks,
Eric 

Hi, I would like to download attachment from sforce.com, a link to the file is enough. I have to point to https://emea.salesforce.com/{attachment_id} example: https://emea.salesforce.com/00P20000000ivZfEAI and the page just bring me to sforce.com file attachment. Any feedback would be very apprciated.

Thanks.
sq

Could someone point me or possibly paste a sample of how to convert a file to base64 and upload to an opportunity under salesforce.com.

I've looked though previous questions in regards to this issue and most of them are quite old. Thank you

Is there any way to access the forecast information via the API?

GlennW

• December 30, 2005
Can anyone recommend a company and/or product that will handle data integration between Salesforce.com and Great Plains v7.5 or v8.0?
  • September 12, 2004

Hi guys,

I'm having problem with setting a date field ...

on salesforce .com, I creatated a case field "Date Rquest Needed" which is Date type.

I'm programming under C# programming language.

in the Case object named _case:
_case.DateRequestNeeded__c wich is a System.DateTime object.

I obtain the date from a calendar (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar) called msrCalendar:
_case.DateRequestNeeded__c = msrCalendar.selectedDate;

I check if the _case.DateRequestNeeded__c is set by diplaying it, and it is set corrctly!

I set other _case's fields also. Then I post the _case object like this:
sObject[] so= new sObject[1];
so[0] = _case;
binding.create(so);

The posting works well, the case is created, the fields are set EXCEPT THE Date Request Needed that stays BLANK

I don't get it!

Environement :
Sforce 4.0
Visual Studio .NET 2003
programming with ASP.NET and C#

thanks

• July 29, 2004

Hi,

If I make a  create or update partner API call and pass an object that has XMLElements that do not correspond to defined fields within the SalesForce system object, will an exception be thrown or will said fields simply be ignored?

thanks

aj

... i need some help with this.

I've added a list of contacts and i want to edit them all so that the account says the same thing. Is there a way of editing them all in one go rather than individually because that'll take ages!

thanks in advance

Im looking to attach a file to an account record.

The Attachment object talks about first converting the file to base64 binary.

Please point me in the right direction toward some examples of sending files to salesforce.com

Thankyou

-GL

• June 22, 2004

Hi just a quick question,

Is it possible to perform insert statement or are you limited to only using select?

I am using VB.NET

Many Thanks.

P.S Still having trouble with the WSDL (Post 06-11-2004).

After upgrading to VStudio 2003, my build fails with error:

'The type or namespace 'salesforce' could not be found.'

on this line:

private static salesforce.SforceService binding = null;

I have the WSDL added in Web References and is called 'salesforce'

What else do I need to do?  I also did grab the latest WSDL for the organization, so I'm not %100 sure it is related to the VStudio upgrade...

When creating a partner object I receive an error if the "Role" field is blank.  In my case I am cloning objects where there is no value for the "Role" field.  Is this a bug? 

As the Role is not a manditory field I would think that it would not be required.

>> I've also tried to force the "Role" field to null by setting the .fieldstoNull property but I still get the
>> error saying that Role is required.  The exact error is:

>>StatusCode: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING
>>message: Required fields are missing: [Role]

Cheers;
GlennW

Message Edited by GlennW on 06-15-2004 01:57 PM

If I am trying to update the AccountID of a Contact or Opportunityand the owner of the Contact or Opportunity is inactive it will not update the object (even though as an admin I have Update all object rights).

Is this a bug?  Is there a simple workaround?

GlennW

Is there a way to link access tables to SalesForce and perform updates/add/deletes?

Can any body tell me which API I need to use to set Email Opt-out field in Campaign?

and

Is Email Opt-out field belong to Contact/ Lead/ Opportunity Object?

Thanks in advance. 

• June 03, 2004

My (small) company is looking for a programmer knowledgeable of sforce's API with ASP.NET & C# skills to develop a web app. Does anyone know of any online services where I might find such an individual, preferably in the US?

• June 02, 2004

Hi,

Has anyone successfully deployed salesforce without using accounts?

For example in the case of a retailer selling directly to customers (created as contacts) with no company (created as accounts) involvement. Would their be any serious problems with this setup?

Any information / help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

I have developed an activex control in VB6 which will be deployed as a sForce control. I am not able to retrieve the parameters passed to activex control from the Object tag:

<OBJECT ID="SchedTasks"
CLASSID="CLSID:14C70A3E-DDE9-4C79-A665-365745D239F3"
CODEBASE="{!Scontrol_URL}#version=1,1,0,0">

<PARAM Name="ServerURL" Value="{!API_Enterprise_Server_URL}">

</OBJECT>

The ReadProperties event in activex control is never fired. The reason I think is that Internet Explorer treats my control as unsafe (it displays a warning), though my component is marked safe for scripting and initialization.

I will appreciate if someone can give me a working example showing how to fix it.

• February 27, 2004