• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
We want to have a link from salesforce.com to our custom web application but don't want to force the user to login again. I read somewhere that if you pass the userId, serverURL and sessionId then you can use the getUserInfo to verify that the user is indeed logged into salesforce.com. Is there any sample code in VB.Net on how to accomplish this? I'm new to this and do not know where to start.

Thanks!
  • December 09, 2005

I didn't see response to the other posting for the same problem so I'll try a fresh one..

I get the errror "Assertion Failed" when I attempt to insert a record in the OpportunityLineItem object

Any ideas?

RJ

Dim OppLineItem As New Sforce.OpportunityLineItem

OppLineItem.PricebookEntryId = "01u200000002rs7AAA"

OppLineItem.ProductId = "00j20000000jkGwAAI"

OppLineItem.Quantity = 1

OppLineItem.QuantitySpecified = True

OppLineItem.UnitPrice = 0

OppLineItem.UnitPriceSpecified = True

OppLineItem.Description = "Default Product created"

OppLineItem.OpportunityId = myReader("ObjectId").ToString

saveResults = sService.create(New Sforce.sObject() {OppLineItem})

If saveResults(0).success = False Then

Throw New Exception(saveResults(0).errors(0).message.ToString)

End If

• June 07, 2005

Hello,

Is it possible to set up a rule to automatically email someone if an opportunity is modified after it's in a certain stage. So if an opportunity is put in stage = Contract signed and then modified at a later date we could notify an administrator?

After an opportunity is closed we don't want the reps to be able to edit it, there doesn't seem to be a way to lock it down at a certain stage, but if we could set up a workflow rule then at least we could monitor it.

Thanks,

Lisa

• March 01, 2005

Hi,

I've added a contact via the API ("Bob Smith"). If I search for this contact via the application, I'm told there are no records found. However, Bob Smith appears in the recent items and I can open the Contact page by selecting this item. I can also enter the Id field in the URL and I can get to the contact page.

Any explanation of this would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

OT

• February 28, 2005

Hello,

I read in another post that dependent picklists (basing one picklist on another picklist's value) are not currently available but it is on the roadmap and may be available in the next release. I cannot find a copy of the roadmap on the website, is it available to the public? When is the next release scheduled?

This is functionality I am definitly going to need and I'm hoping there will be an easy way to do it soon.

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

• February 21, 2005

Hi there,

I've used the describe object on the Contact object to return all field names, field types and lengths.

For some reason, a custom field that is "Text" and has a field length of 15 accepts entries much longer than that.

When I log into SF.com, I see the contact record with the full, text entry, when I select edit, then the value is truncated to the first 15 characters. So this tells me that the 15 character length is not the true storage size of this field.

What value can I use to get the true length of the field?

Regards,

OT

• February 14, 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know how to dynamically reference the field names in an Object?

I'm populating a dataset from a queryresult. The list of fields and the object it queries is built dynamically so explicity identying each field is not feasible.

For i As Integer = 0 To qResult.records.GetUpperBound(i)

con = CType(qResult.records(i), sforceDEV.Contact)

dsR("FirstName") = con.FirstName

dsT.Rows.Add(dsR)

Next

The Fieldnames in the dataset I'm constructing from a picklist, but for the example here, I've changed it to read:

dsR("FirstName") for simplicity reasons. The area I need to populate is for each field name in "con".

Thanks,

RJ

• February 01, 2005

Does anyone have an example to dynamically reference sObject fields names?

Currently, I have to explicity specify each field name. This is tedious and I don't want to do this for every object in SF.

dsT.Rows.Add(dsR)

Next i

What I'm trying to do is populate a dataset from constructed pick list of fields. I dynamically construct the query list so I'd like to be able to dynamically  reference each contact (con) field name when populating the dataset.

Thanks,

RJ

• February 01, 2005

I've been trying unsuccessfully to update a record using the examples provided by salesforce. Could someone PLEASE supply a working VB.net example :

Dim contacts() As String

Dim updateContact As sforce.Contact = New sforce.Contact

'need to have the id so that web service knows which account to update

updateContact.Id = ConID ' my variable that holds the ID of the contact I want to update.

'set a new value for the name property

updateContact.LastName = "Eltesto"

'create one that will throw an error

Dim errorContact As sforce.Contact = New sforce.Contact

errorContact.Id = "SLFKJLFKJ"

errorContact.fieldsToNull = New String() {"Name"}

'call the update passing an array of object

Dim saveResults() As sforce.SaveResult = binding.update(New sforce.sObject() {updateContact, errorContact})

Error message is:

"size of request is too large"

Thanks

• January 24, 2005

Hi,

Currently we use the sforce api simple query to get opportunities, contacts and accounts and import them into one of our internal systems. There has now been a request to bring over any attachments on opportunities as well. I used the simple query on the attachment object but the body was encoded. How can I bring over the actual attachments?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa

• October 28, 2004

Hi,

Today, my queryfilter api stopped working. It has been running everyday since september without a problem. Has something been changed on your end that would cause it to stop working?

Thanks for your help!

• February 02, 2004

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically request an export of all of my company data using a .Net application? Currently you have to log onto the site and click on the request for an export, and then wait for an email and then click on the link to download the information. It would be great if we could run an application that does the first part for us and then we would just have to wait for the email to download the info.

Just looking for a way to automate this process, any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

• January 06, 2004

I'm unable to access the data in one of our custom fields in the opportunity table. I submitted a support call over a week ago and I have yet to receive an answer.

I'm using the Query filter VB.NET example, and I've included in the selectlist the name of my custom field.

(SelectList.Add("00N20000000gyne")

Each time I run execute the app, I receive a "bad field name" error. Could this be permission related?

Thanks,

OT

• August 08, 2003

Hi There,

We have a custom field on the Opportunity form. What table stores the value of the field? I've found the field name in the CustomFiledDefinition table, but I can't find it's value.

Also...

How can I relate an Opportunity to a company name without having a Lead previously created?

Thanks!

René

• July 31, 2003

Hi,

I've added a contact via the API ("Bob Smith"). If I search for this contact via the application, I'm told there are no records found. However, Bob Smith appears in the recent items and I can open the Contact page by selecting this item. I can also enter the Id field in the URL and I can get to the contact page.

Any explanation of this would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

OT

• February 28, 2005

Hi there,

I've used the describe object on the Contact object to return all field names, field types and lengths.

For some reason, a custom field that is "Text" and has a field length of 15 accepts entries much longer than that.

When I log into SF.com, I see the contact record with the full, text entry, when I select edit, then the value is truncated to the first 15 characters. So this tells me that the 15 character length is not the true storage size of this field.

What value can I use to get the true length of the field?

Regards,

OT

• February 14, 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know how to dynamically reference the field names in an Object?

I'm populating a dataset from a queryresult. The list of fields and the object it queries is built dynamically so explicity identying each field is not feasible.

dsT.Rows.Add(dsR)

Next

The Fieldnames in the dataset I'm constructing from a picklist, but for the example here, I've changed it to read:

dsR("FirstName") for simplicity reasons. The area I need to populate is for each field name in "con".

Thanks,

RJ

• February 01, 2005

I've been trying unsuccessfully to update a record using the examples provided by salesforce. Could someone PLEASE supply a working VB.net example :

Dim contacts() As String

Dim updateContact As sforce.Contact = New sforce.Contact

'need to have the id so that web service knows which account to update

updateContact.Id = ConID ' my variable that holds the ID of the contact I want to update.

'set a new value for the name property

updateContact.LastName = "Eltesto"

'create one that will throw an error

Dim errorContact As sforce.Contact = New sforce.Contact

errorContact.Id = "SLFKJLFKJ"

errorContact.fieldsToNull = New String() {"Name"}

'call the update passing an array of object

Dim saveResults() As sforce.SaveResult = binding.update(New sforce.sObject() {updateContact, errorContact})

Error message is:

"size of request is too large"

Thanks

• January 24, 2005

Hi,

Today, my queryfilter api stopped working. It has been running everyday since september without a problem. Has something been changed on your end that would cause it to stop working?

Thanks for your help!

• February 02, 2004

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically request an export of all of my company data using a .Net application? Currently you have to log onto the site and click on the request for an export, and then wait for an email and then click on the link to download the information. It would be great if we could run an application that does the first part for us and then we would just have to wait for the email to download the info.

Just looking for a way to automate this process, any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

• January 06, 2004

I'm unable to access the data in one of our custom fields in the opportunity table. I submitted a support call over a week ago and I have yet to receive an answer.

I'm using the Query filter VB.NET example, and I've included in the selectlist the name of my custom field.

(SelectList.Add("00N20000000gyne")

Each time I run execute the app, I receive a "bad field name" error. Could this be permission related?

Thanks,

OT

• August 08, 2003

Hi There,

We have a custom field on the Opportunity form. What table stores the value of the field? I've found the field name in the CustomFiledDefinition table, but I can't find it's value.

Also...

How can I relate an Opportunity to a company name without having a Lead previously created?

Thanks!

René

• July 31, 2003