• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Toward the end of last year, there was a download off the SF website for an Excel add-in for SF reports. I don't think it's the open source one mentioned here.

I installed it and it provides a dropdown menu that enables SF login, Report selection, Report refreshing, etc.

It is listed as the salesforce.com Excel Add-In version 1.1.0.20.

It is pretty nice. The report list returns fast, something that the report list workaround mentioned in the forum does not provide.  I'm curious how this is accomplished with the Excel Add-In if the API is not exposing SF reports.

Also, I can no longer find reference to this Excel Add-In on the website and the Help menu items lead to an unkwown page on the SF website.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The current workaround for listing reports can be slow if you have a large number of reports.

Thanks.

Hi,

Is there a way to get the Organization ID of the Users (ID of the organization to which the users belong)? What kind of a permission would be needed to get this information? Also I went through the SForce API 2.0 and specifically through the ERD's but could not locate an entity by the name of Organization. Is there a different name for it or something that I'm missing?

Regards,
Vineet Gogia
Theikos.