• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Question, how can I retrieve an account name from sforce which has an apostrphe?  For example: select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, Industry from Account where Name='O''Connor, Martha 19165829'

and It gives me malformed query error.  Normally in SQL server this would work.

Thanks,

Luke

• April 14, 2004

Hi,

The size of our organization is slightly over 7000 members, but that number is constantly growing.  Each day we create approximatelly 50-100 records  (contacts and opportunities), but we also need to do updates to over 7000 records on contact table.  There are also days where we can have about 150 new members.

Luke

• March 29, 2004

There seem to be couple of issues with the api.

First, the system is extremely slow when creating or changing records.  It takes 1 second per record to get updated.  Creating Accounts with basic information is rather flawless, but creating records on Contacts and filling my custom fields is just slllloooowwww.

Secondly, what is happening with Irish names on contacts?  Say, I want to create a contact who's last name is O'Connor.  Sforce will skip such a record.  But when I create an account where name includes the last name of O'Connor it will work fine.

We use VB.NET along with Sforce API 2.5 and we pull the info from SQL Server 2k.  Also, we get timeout errors when updating/creating multiple records at a time. 

Thanks,

Luke

• March 25, 2004

I updated the wsdl file in Visual Studio and now I get the error stating that sObject is missing?

It was there in my previous file, where did it go?

• February 24, 2004

Hmmm... seems like I have a slight problem with updates.  I always get Malformed Query

Here is what i pass:

qr = binding.query("select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, MEMBER_ID__c Industry from Contacts where MEMBER_ID__c=" & MEMBER_IDStr)

MEMBER_ID is a numeric(9,0) field.

and if I do it this way:

qr = binding.query("select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, MEMBER_ID Industry from Contacts where MEMBER_ID=" & MEMBER_IDStr)

It also fails.

Member_ID is always unique number, so there won't be two records with the same member_id.

Thanks. Lukasz

• February 13, 2004

When I try and insert new contact with a DOB the system discards that field and doesn't populate it.  The rest of the fields get populated without any problems.

What could it be?

Lukasz

• February 13, 2004

Ok, here is the problem I'm having.  I run the following query on Account table:

select Name, Id from Account where Name='O'Neill, Eric 19046894'

Am guessing that the problem arises because of the single quote after O.  I just wonder how you guys dealt with this problem...  The number is an ID from my DB.

Thanks for your help.

Lukasz

• February 12, 2004

Does anyone have an record update example written in VB.NET?  I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Luke

• February 05, 2004

Question, how can I retrieve an account name from sforce which has an apostrphe?  For example: select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, Industry from Account where Name='O''Connor, Martha 19165829'

and It gives me malformed query error.  Normally in SQL server this would work.

Thanks,

Luke

• April 14, 2004

There seem to be couple of issues with the api.

First, the system is extremely slow when creating or changing records.  It takes 1 second per record to get updated.  Creating Accounts with basic information is rather flawless, but creating records on Contacts and filling my custom fields is just slllloooowwww.

Secondly, what is happening with Irish names on contacts?  Say, I want to create a contact who's last name is O'Connor.  Sforce will skip such a record.  But when I create an account where name includes the last name of O'Connor it will work fine.

We use VB.NET along with Sforce API 2.5 and we pull the info from SQL Server 2k.  Also, we get timeout errors when updating/creating multiple records at a time. 

Thanks,

Luke

• March 25, 2004

I updated the wsdl file in Visual Studio and now I get the error stating that sObject is missing?

It was there in my previous file, where did it go?

• February 24, 2004

Hmmm... seems like I have a slight problem with updates.  I always get Malformed Query

Here is what i pass:

qr = binding.query("select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, MEMBER_ID__c Industry from Contacts where MEMBER_ID__c=" & MEMBER_IDStr)

MEMBER_ID is a numeric(9,0) field.

and if I do it this way:

qr = binding.query("select Name, numberOfEmployees, Id, MEMBER_ID Industry from Contacts where MEMBER_ID=" & MEMBER_IDStr)

It also fails.

Member_ID is always unique number, so there won't be two records with the same member_id.

Thanks. Lukasz

• February 13, 2004

When I try and insert new contact with a DOB the system discards that field and doesn't populate it.  The rest of the fields get populated without any problems.

What could it be?

Lukasz

• February 13, 2004