• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am attempting create/modifify a task using the sForce 2.0 Partner version.  I am having a difficult time understanding the sObject that is used in creation objects in your system.  I understand that an sObject array is neccessary, but not sure how the sObjects in that array are setup.  Any help would be greatly appreciated...  An example would be nice.

-- Glenn

Are Reports supported API 2.5?  Specifically the retrieval of reports created in the system and the ability to run reports?

-- Glenn

I am trying to create a task using the Enterprise API.  The call uses an array of sObjects.  How do I set the sObjects for this?  An example would be nice.  Documentation is terrible at best for Enterprise API 2.5.  The API has greatly improved from 2.0. 

-- Glenn

When I run a query using the partner api (v2.5) requesting a set number of fields from an object the first xmlElement in the array of elements that is returned has a local name of "type" and it's innerText is "Account" (or the name of the object that I am querying).

Is this by design?

Is there a way to suppress this as it leads to confusion when I am accessing a task object that also has a field named "type"

GlennW

• January 02, 2004

i tried logging in and received an HTTP 301 Moved Permantely error. i re-genreted my WSDL to verify that i'm using the correct port endpoint, and indeed i am!

temporary hiccup, or have the services moved? 

sent:
POST /services/Soap/c/2.5 HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*
User-Agent: Axis/1.1
Host: www.salesforce.com
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
SOAPAction: ""
Content-Length: 403
Connection: close
Accept-Encoding: gzip

received:
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 08:13:29 GMT
Server Apache
Location http://www.salesforce.com/us/products/customer-service-support.jsp
Connection close
Transfer-Encoding chunked
Content-Type text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
X-Pad avoid browser bug
(301)Moved Permanently

• December 05, 2003

I am attempting create/modifify a task using the sForce 2.0 Partner version.  I am having a difficult time understanding the sObject that is used in creation objects in your system.  I understand that an sObject array is neccessary, but not sure how the sObjects in that array are setup.  Any help would be greatly appreciated...  An example would be nice.

-- Glenn

I am trying to create a task using the Enterprise API.  The call uses an array of sObjects.  How do I set the sObjects for this?  An example would be nice.  Documentation is terrible at best for Enterprise API 2.5.  The API has greatly improved from 2.0. 

-- Glenn