• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to know if we have ever successfully deployed a sForce control by embedding an ActiveX control in it. I am facing different component download problems on different computers. It is running perfectly fine from salesforce.com on my development computer.

But on other computers, every time you click on the Web Integration Link for the control, IE displays a message asking "Do you want to install and run the file https://na1.salesforce.com/01NOIPIEWRJLKNWRT0000000R" etc, without displaying name of the actual cab file. I think this problem arises as we do not provide the actual URL for the .cab file but instead CODEBASE="{!Scontrol_URL}#version=1,1,0,3"> on the integration link web page. So IE may not be knowing that it is actually downloading a .cab file or .ocx file for which it could match the existing version on user's computer.

The control sometimes appears and runs and sometimes does not, depending on components already installed on the user's computer (VB Runtime, MSCOMCTRL.OCX etc.).

So it will help me a great deal in looking in the right direction if I know for sure that there is no design problem with the sForce control.

A Garg

• March 02, 2004

I have developed an activex control in VB6 which will be deployed as a sForce control. I am not able to retrieve the parameters passed to activex control from the Object tag:

<OBJECT ID="SchedTasks"
CLASSID="CLSID:14C70A3E-DDE9-4C79-A665-365745D239F3"
CODEBASE="{!Scontrol_URL}#version=1,1,0,0">

<PARAM Name="ServerURL" Value="{!API_Enterprise_Server_URL}">

</OBJECT>

The ReadProperties event in activex control is never fired. The reason I think is that Internet Explorer treats my control as unsafe (it displays a warning), though my component is marked safe for scripting and initialization.

I will appreciate if someone can give me a working example showing how to fix it.

• February 27, 2004
Can I find some samples using VB6 with Microsoft Soap Toolkit.
  • February 24, 2004

I have developed an activex control in VB6 which will be deployed as a sForce control. I am not able to retrieve the parameters passed to activex control from the Object tag:

<OBJECT ID="SchedTasks"
CLASSID="CLSID:14C70A3E-DDE9-4C79-A665-365745D239F3"
CODEBASE="{!Scontrol_URL}#version=1,1,0,0">

<PARAM Name="ServerURL" Value="{!API_Enterprise_Server_URL}">

</OBJECT>

The ReadProperties event in activex control is never fired. The reason I think is that Internet Explorer treats my control as unsafe (it displays a warning), though my component is marked safe for scripting and initialization.

I will appreciate if someone can give me a working example showing how to fix it.

• February 27, 2004