• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to create an internal webservice to provide other internal developers who don't have access to salesforce.com the functions they need to insert in salesforce.com

some developers use Java and others use .Net ...

providing them a wsdl file will allow them to develop in the environment they prefer.

I visted the ws.apache.org/axis site I've seen example on how to create the java to wsdl

but st'ill dont know how to generate these codes from java to wsdl.

for example I have this information:
< xsd:complexType name="phone" >
< xsd:all >
< xsd:element name="areaCode" type="xsd:int"/ >
< xsd:element name="exchange" type="xsd:string"/ >
< xsd:element name="number" type="xsd:string"/ >
< /xsd:all >
< /xsd:complexType >

WSDL2Java will generate:

public class Phone implements java.io.Serializable {
public Phone() {...}
public int getAreaCode() {...}
public void setAreaCode(int areaCode) {...}
public java.lang.String getExchange() {...}
public void setExchange(java.lang.String exchange) {...}
public java.lang.String getNumber() {...}
public void setNumber(java.lang.String number) {...}
public boolean equals(Object obj) {...}
public int hashCode() {...}
}

what I like is to have the java code example to generate this wsdl example:

the problem is when I use this java code example:

java2wsdl generate this:
< xsd:operation name="getExchange" .../ >
< xsd:operation name="setExchange" .../ >

and its not what I want ... but simply something like this:

I want the developers to create the objects and set the fields without needing to connect to my webservice. Like your wsdl file, when we create for example a contact, the contact object is created and completed without needing to make make any connecton nor login. Once the developer has created their objects, they can post the information like we do iwith your web service using for example the create call.

the aim of my demand to make the minimum connection as possible to my webservice, the connection is used only when necessary, when the information is needed to be posted.
  • August 04, 2004
Hi guys,

I'm now working on a project create a web service using sforce and axis technology.

I would like for example to write a java code which this wsdl file after using WSDL2Java

(something like that - similar to contacts object)

and not:

I've searched in Appache site but couldn't find any example showing me how to write the code in java

thanks

I'm sure you'll be able to help and give some advice
  • August 02, 2004

Hi guys,

I'm having problem with setting a date field ...

on salesforce .com, I creatated a case field "Date Rquest Needed" which is Date type.

I'm programming under C# programming language.

in the Case object named _case:
_case.DateRequestNeeded__c wich is a System.DateTime object.

I obtain the date from a calendar (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar) called msrCalendar:
_case.DateRequestNeeded__c = msrCalendar.selectedDate;

I check if the _case.DateRequestNeeded__c is set by diplaying it, and it is set corrctly!

I set other _case's fields also. Then I post the _case object like this:
sObject[] so= new sObject[1];
so[0] = _case;
binding.create(so);

The posting works well, the case is created, the fields are set EXCEPT THE Date Request Needed that stays BLANK

I don't get it!

Environement :
Sforce 4.0
Visual Studio .NET 2003
programming with ASP.NET and C#

thanks

• July 29, 2004
May be a silly question, but I'm not sure what UI means ...

thanks
  • July 27, 2004
Hi,

Haven't tried it yet but I would like to know, suppose there is a field which 's data type is picklist.

using sforce sdk, what would hppen if a value that does not exist in the picklist was entered?

1) will there be an error and disfunction
2) will it be ignored
3) will it be accepted and entered
4) will it be accepted, entered and added to the picklist
  • July 20, 2004
Hi,

may be a silly question, but I'm curious

I would like to know which technology are used for implementng sforce web services ?

.NET or JAVA+J2EE ...

thanks ...
  • July 05, 2004
Hi guys,

I've found this on salesforce.com help link
"The maximum for one or more files attached to emails is 10MB."

and this on the api doc,
"The maximum email attachment size is also 1.5MB."

I don't get it !?!

thanks
  • June 29, 2004

It seems that "Internal Comments" is editable ...

but can't find the function which allow me to edit this field

I know we can only add comments to previous ones, we cannot modify the old comments unless someone  can say the opposite

any help will be appreciated, thanks

• May 24, 2004

Trying to insert a case via API and have it linked to the existing contact, any ideas how to do?

According to SFDC Support, I need to use the contact_email field in order to link them together, however I cannot find the field name. Anyone knows? Furthermore since contact_email is another table, how do I make sure that I do not create a new blank record with only an email address if the matching email does not exist.

Would appreciate any help on this issue

Thanks

• May 19, 2004

I'm trying to setup eclipse ...
I had already dowloaded :

j2sdk1.4.2_04
  j2sdjee1.3.1

also

axis1_1.zip
                    http://ws.apache.org/axis/releases.html
  WSDL2Java eclipse plugin (com.myspotter.wsdl2java.zip)
                    http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/plugin_details.jsp?id=349
  WSDL2JavaWizard (org.apache.axis_1.1.zip & org.apache.axis.wsdl2java.eclipse_1.1-rc2.0.2.zip)
                    http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/plugin_details.jsp?id=316
  tomcat 5.0.19.exe
                    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
  tomcatPluginV221.zip for eclipse
                    http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPluginFR.html (french site !!!)

HONESTLY, I'm LOST right now and can't figure out the different steps to setup eclipse and be able to start using sforce API

In the API documentation, it is said :

"Before you run WSDL2Java, you must have Axis installed on your system and all of its
component JAR files must be referenced in your classpath.
The basic syntax for WSDL2Java is:
java �classpath=pathToFirstJAR/FirstJARFilename ; pathToSecondJAR/SecondJARFilename
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java pathToWsdl/WsdlFilename
For sforce WSDL files, specific switches are recommended to configure WSDL2Java to use
SOAP 1.2 encoding and to generate unreferenced object proxies. The following sample command
uses these switches:
java �classpath=pathToFirstJAR/FirstJARFilename ; pathToSecondJAR/SecondJARFilename
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -a -T 1.2 pathToWsdl/WsdlFilename"

Is there any way to execute that with eclipse ?

If somebody can help me and give me the directions step by step, I will realy appreciate

Eclipse is already isntalled and work, just need to be guided to setup the differents plugins and parameters in eclipse and where to import the WSDL File (already generated).

Regards

• May 05, 2004

I'm preparing my Windows2000 environment and installing different applications to start working with SFDC API.

I downloaded j2sdk1.4.2_04, j2sdkee1.3.1 and j2eeidetk2.1 (J2EE IDE Toolkit Software 2.1)

but can't download Forte Community Edition 3.0 which seems to be needed to use the IDE Toolkit

I have looked this site : www.sun.com/forte and www.sun.com/forte/ffj as specified in this page http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tools/j2eeide-toolkit/version2.1/wininstall_2_1.html

It seems the page doesn't exist any more !

can anyone help me PLEASE, It is realy URGENT
I'll really appreciate

• May 04, 2004

I downloaded the Sforce API documentation "Sforce Web Service Developper's Guide".

On page 97, the fields in the Account object are missing. It is written that to have the complete list of fields in this object, see the Enterprise WSDL file for my organization and the salesforce.com online help.

The Enterprise WSDL file has no description. I'm having some difficulty to find the salesforce.com online help. (I found this page http://www.salesforce.com/uk/trainingsupport/online-support.jsp but couldn't go any further)

If someone can give me the right page link ...

Thanks

basil.arbyig@genesys.com

• April 29, 2004
I would like to create an internal webservice to provide other internal developers who don't have access to salesforce.com the functions they need to insert in salesforce.com

some developers use Java and others use .Net ...

providing them a wsdl file will allow them to develop in the environment they prefer.

I visted the ws.apache.org/axis site I've seen example on how to create the java to wsdl

but st'ill dont know how to generate these codes from java to wsdl.

for example I have this information:

WSDL2Java will generate:

public class Phone implements java.io.Serializable {
public Phone() {...}
public int getAreaCode() {...}
public void setAreaCode(int areaCode) {...}
public java.lang.String getNumber() {...}
public void setNumber(java.lang.String number) {...}
public boolean equals(Object obj) {...}
public int hashCode() {...}
}

what I like is to have the java code example to generate this wsdl example:

the problem is when I use this java code example:

java2wsdl generate this:
< xsd:operation name="getExchange" .../ >
< xsd:operation name="setExchange" .../ >

and its not what I want ... but simply something like this:

I want the developers to create the objects and set the fields without needing to connect to my webservice. Like your wsdl file, when we create for example a contact, the contact object is created and completed without needing to make make any connecton nor login. Once the developer has created their objects, they can post the information like we do iwith your web service using for example the create call.

the aim of my demand to make the minimum connection as possible to my webservice, the connection is used only when necessary, when the information is needed to be posted.
  • August 04, 2004
Hi guys,

I'm now working on a project create a web service using sforce and axis technology.

I would like for example to write a java code which this wsdl file after using WSDL2Java

(something like that - similar to contacts object)

and not:

I've searched in Appache site but couldn't find any example showing me how to write the code in java

thanks

I'm sure you'll be able to help and give some advice
  • August 02, 2004

Hi guys,

I'm having problem with setting a date field ...

on salesforce .com, I creatated a case field "Date Rquest Needed" which is Date type.

I'm programming under C# programming language.

in the Case object named _case:
_case.DateRequestNeeded__c wich is a System.DateTime object.

I obtain the date from a calendar (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar) called msrCalendar:
_case.DateRequestNeeded__c = msrCalendar.selectedDate;

I check if the _case.DateRequestNeeded__c is set by diplaying it, and it is set corrctly!

I set other _case's fields also. Then I post the _case object like this:
sObject[] so= new sObject[1];
so[0] = _case;
binding.create(so);

The posting works well, the case is created, the fields are set EXCEPT THE Date Request Needed that stays BLANK

I don't get it!

Environement :
Sforce 4.0
Visual Studio .NET 2003
programming with ASP.NET and C#

thanks

• July 29, 2004
Hi,

Haven't tried it yet but I would like to know, suppose there is a field which 's data type is picklist.

using sforce sdk, what would hppen if a value that does not exist in the picklist was entered?

1) will there be an error and disfunction
2) will it be ignored
3) will it be accepted and entered
4) will it be accepted, entered and added to the picklist
  • July 20, 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right area to be asking this question but here goes anyways...

I'm trying to enter some html data into the Description field of the Lead entity and I was wondering if there was anyway to have it rendered on the front-end? Or if there is any way to have the data formatted simply with some bold/italic/underline tags? Also looking to have a hyperlink in the same field but want to have <a> tags because the url is really long...

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Message Edited by dannyboy75 on 07-16-2004 09:26 AM

Hi guys,

I've found this on salesforce.com help link
"The maximum for one or more files attached to emails is 10MB."

and this on the api doc,
"The maximum email attachment size is also 1.5MB."

I don't get it !?!

thanks
  • June 29, 2004

Trying to insert a case via API and have it linked to the existing contact, any ideas how to do?

According to SFDC Support, I need to use the contact_email field in order to link them together, however I cannot find the field name. Anyone knows? Furthermore since contact_email is another table, how do I make sure that I do not create a new blank record with only an email address if the matching email does not exist.

Would appreciate any help on this issue

Thanks

• May 19, 2004

I have included few objects in my sforce development edition and have generated the wsdl file. Where should i save this file in my development environment. I am able to see the changes that i made in sforce account even before i saved the wsdl file in my system.

Thanks,

R

Hi all,

I want to use a Batch Prog (java) in order to Create Account, Contacts, Opportunity...

I'd create lot of custom fields,

How to set values for Custom Fields with Java Prog?

Thanks for your answer,

laurent

I'm trying to setup eclipse ...
I had already dowloaded :

j2sdk1.4.2_04
  j2sdjee1.3.1

also

axis1_1.zip
                    http://ws.apache.org/axis/releases.html
  WSDL2Java eclipse plugin (com.myspotter.wsdl2java.zip)
                    http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/plugin_details.jsp?id=349
  WSDL2JavaWizard (org.apache.axis_1.1.zip & org.apache.axis.wsdl2java.eclipse_1.1-rc2.0.2.zip)
                    http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/plugin_details.jsp?id=316
  tomcat 5.0.19.exe
                    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
  tomcatPluginV221.zip for eclipse
                    http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPluginFR.html (french site !!!)

HONESTLY, I'm LOST right now and can't figure out the different steps to setup eclipse and be able to start using sforce API

In the API documentation, it is said :

"Before you run WSDL2Java, you must have Axis installed on your system and all of its
component JAR files must be referenced in your classpath.
The basic syntax for WSDL2Java is:
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java pathToWsdl/WsdlFilename
For sforce WSDL files, specific switches are recommended to configure WSDL2Java to use
SOAP 1.2 encoding and to generate unreferenced object proxies. The following sample command
uses these switches:
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -a -T 1.2 pathToWsdl/WsdlFilename"

Is there any way to execute that with eclipse ?

If somebody can help me and give me the directions step by step, I will realy appreciate

Eclipse is already isntalled and work, just need to be guided to setup the differents plugins and parameters in eclipse and where to import the WSDL File (already generated).

Regards

• May 05, 2004

I'm preparing my Windows2000 environment and installing different applications to start working with SFDC API.

I downloaded j2sdk1.4.2_04, j2sdkee1.3.1 and j2eeidetk2.1 (J2EE IDE Toolkit Software 2.1)

but can't download Forte Community Edition 3.0 which seems to be needed to use the IDE Toolkit

I have looked this site : www.sun.com/forte and www.sun.com/forte/ffj as specified in this page http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tools/j2eeide-toolkit/version2.1/wininstall_2_1.html

It seems the page doesn't exist any more !

can anyone help me PLEASE, It is realy URGENT
I'll really appreciate

• May 04, 2004
I've noticed that "Email Opt Out" and "Do Not Call" fields for both Contacts and Leads is not available through the API. Am I missing something? I need to acccess these fields. Thanks.
  • May 02, 2004

I downloaded the Sforce API documentation "Sforce Web Service Developper's Guide".

On page 97, the fields in the Account object are missing. It is written that to have the complete list of fields in this object, see the Enterprise WSDL file for my organization and the salesforce.com online help.

The Enterprise WSDL file has no description. I'm having some difficulty to find the salesforce.com online help. (I found this page http://www.salesforce.com/uk/trainingsupport/online-support.jsp but couldn't go any further)

If someone can give me the right page link ...

Thanks

basil.arbyig@genesys.com

• April 29, 2004

I am having trouble setting a Currency (8,2) field to 0. Doing a

setMyCurrencyField__c(new Double(0));

sSeems to have no effect, ie. the field is left at its previous value after an update.

• April 27, 2004