• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can anyone recommend a company and/or product that will handle data integration between Salesforce.com and Great Plains v7.5 or v8.0?
  • September 12, 2004

We are currently using a single salesforce.com account via a web app to write to the contacts object in real time to the database with the WSDL. This web application is used by 15 stores located in the northeast. The idea is to have the web app push data on to SFDC - there will be no deletion at the web app end, only insert.

Can any SFDC guru tell me how many maximum simutaneous transactions the SFDC database will allow from a single login? Are there going to be any issues that we should be aware of? Am I asking the right question?

thanks,

alex

• June 09, 2004

We have an external application that creates a unique ID for an object that we store in Salesforce. I tried setting the field-level accessibility in salesforce.com to "Read only" for all profiles but upon going into the object created I find that the field is still editable. I am using a system admin account but even then it would appear that the admin account overrides any internal field-level settings.

Am I doing something wrong?

• June 09, 2004

I am creating a custom object (detail) that has a relationship with a "Contact" object (master). Trouble is, sforce automatically defaults to creating a standard field "Name" for the custom object when I don't in fact want to use this field to store anything like a name. I cannot rename it, move it, delete it, or choose another field in its place. This impacts usability for me because "Name" could cause user confusion in my case.

Is there some way of nominating another field to carry the torch? For example, I have a unique ID for each entity associated with the Contact (let's call it "MC ID") and I would rather that this field be the default field.

What are my options here?

Message Edited by alexk on 06-06-2004 10:23 AM

• June 06, 2004

My (small) company is looking for a programmer knowledgeable of sforce's API with ASP.NET & C# skills to develop a web app. Does anyone know of any online services where I might find such an individual, preferably in the US?

• June 02, 2004
I was disappointed to find that sforce 3.0 doesn't work with VS.NET 2002. Am I mistaken? If not, perhaps sforce should at least state that it only works with VS.NET 2003 and above.
  • May 30, 2004
Can anyone recommend a company and/or product that will handle data integration between Salesforce.com and Great Plains v7.5 or v8.0?
  • September 12, 2004

I am creating a custom object (detail) that has a relationship with a "Contact" object (master). Trouble is, sforce automatically defaults to creating a standard field "Name" for the custom object when I don't in fact want to use this field to store anything like a name. I cannot rename it, move it, delete it, or choose another field in its place. This impacts usability for me because "Name" could cause user confusion in my case.

Is there some way of nominating another field to carry the torch? For example, I have a unique ID for each entity associated with the Contact (let's call it "MC ID") and I would rather that this field be the default field.

What are my options here?

Message Edited by alexk on 06-06-2004 10:23 AM

• June 06, 2004
I was disappointed to find that sforce 3.0 doesn't work with VS.NET 2002. Am I mistaken? If not, perhaps sforce should at least state that it only works with VS.NET 2003 and above.
  • May 30, 2004