• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created manual shares for an account and Team Member records but the access levels do not match for the account. For example I have a Team Member entry with "Read Only" access but in the share the exact same user has "Read/Write" access.

Am I missing something here. I understood that the team member access got its information from the share record. Is this incorrect. If so how do I get the Team Member entry to show "Read/Write"

Thanks.

When I am in Salesforce I can view a particular Task item which exists in a large list of other tasks, I think this one is 4 or 5 pages in. I grabbed the Id from the url and tried to query the Id and both the DataLoader and sforce Explorer return no results. I used the data loader to export all of the task records and it returned 50K + records. I imported the .csv into sql and tried to query the id there and still it came empty even using a like search on the id and on the Subject. I know that the Id's are case sensitive and have structured everything accordingly, the record is just not in the exported data set.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many records the API will read? I ask because I know that the Task object holds a ton of records. I don't know exactly how many or how to get that number except for exporting all the records and letting SQL count them but now I can't trust that number since records are missing.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting the below error message from the 'System.Net.WebException' when attempting to download data from salesforce. Is anyone familiar with this error message and can help me figure out a way to prevent it. I have tried adjusting the query size down to 1000 from 2000. It happens on both custom objects and normal salesforce objects.

Additional information: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Thanks In Advance,
John
I am developing an S-Control using the AJAX API. I have a problem that pertains to sorting a SOQL result set. With normal SQL you can just use ORDER BY, but not with SOQL. As a consequence, I have to load every single data record with Javascript and then sort it. But all that I want is a subset of the data, e.g records 150 to 250 from the result set (but remember, I want records 150 to 250 from the complete _sorted_ result set). The problem occurs when I load all of the data at one time with Javascript in order to sort it. The browser starts to perform poorly and sometimes shuts down the script because too much memory is being used. Is there any way around this sorting problem?

More concretely, here is what I am doing:

//get all Contact ids (for an Account, for example)
var queryString="Select ContactId From Account where AccountId = 'xBLAHBLAH'";
var queryResult=sforceClient.Query(queryString);

//code left out for brevity:
     //get all results using queryResult = sforceClient.QueryMore(queryResult.queryLocator)
     //while doing this use queryResult[i].get("ContactID") to store all contact ids in an array named ContactIds

//so at this point we have thousands of contact ids stored in an array named ContactIds

// Now what I want to do is have the data sorted, and then get only part of it, such as records 150 to 250, from 1000 total records.
// If SOQL had ORDER BY, the records would already be sorted, and I would make the following call, using a subset of ContactIds from index 150 to 250
// ie ContactIds.slice(150,250)

ContactRecords = sforceClient.Retrieve("Salutation, LastName, FirstName, AccountId, Email", "Contact", ContactIds.slice(150,250));

// But since SOQL does not have ORDER BY, I have to load every single record, sort them, and then pick out the subset of indexes 150 to 250.
// Loading thousands of records in order to sort them uses too much memory.

I hope that the problem is clear, and thanks for any help.

If there is no solution, then I'll just have to forget about sorting the data.

Message Edited by Nashorn on 12-02-2005 02:01 AM

When I am in Salesforce I can view a particular Task item which exists in a large list of other tasks, I think this one is 4 or 5 pages in. I grabbed the Id from the url and tried to query the Id and both the DataLoader and sforce Explorer return no results. I used the data loader to export all of the task records and it returned 50K + records. I imported the .csv into sql and tried to query the id there and still it came empty even using a like search on the id and on the Subject. I know that the Id's are case sensitive and have structured everything accordingly, the record is just not in the exported data set.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many records the API will read? I ask because I know that the Task object holds a ton of records. I don't know exactly how many or how to get that number except for exporting all the records and letting SQL count them but now I can't trust that number since records are missing.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.