• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Greetings all,

I was curious if I'm just missing something, but I couldn't find anything about this in the docs.  Could someone step me through creating custom objects in SForce4.0?  I looked in the resources section, and maybe I'm just looking with my eyes closed again, but I didn't find anything that was, say "Custom Objects 101". 

My question boils down to, how do we create a custom object and, in doing that, do we create a new table in the SForce database to populate via the web service API?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Here is my situation:  I am trying to data replication with SForce and our App.  I've created a class that will poll SForce for data and while unit testing I came across a problem.  I'll try to explain it as clearly as I can:

1-I programatically create an Account object during the set up of my JUnit test case.  This is the fixture I am trying to retrieve when I do the subsequent getUpdate call.

2-After the Account is created, I then poll SForce for changes.  The start time is my last successful poll time, which is set prior to creating the account object, and the end time is the current time.

3-I have observed that the Account is indeed created by pausing the debugger, confirming the Account is present in the UI prior to making the getUpdated call, then continuing on to make the getUpdated call.

My problem is that even though the Account is created, it is not retrieved by the FIRST call to getUpdated.  If I wait a minute, the Account is retreived by the getUpdated call.  Is the fact that the seconds are ignored causing me to miss the insert I just made?  And I guess that begs the question, are the times passed to the getUpdated method inclusive on both ends?  If they are, and the seconds are ingnore, then if the insert is one millisecond after the start time, they should be the same minute, and the Insert should be retrieved, correct?

I apologize if I'm being unclear, but I can't solve this problem.  I'm also curious why you made the call to ignore the seconds.  Doesn't that introduce gaps or problems with polling for data changes?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up a data change polling scheme for data replication and was curious if it was posssible to specify more than one object type in the first arg to the getUpdated or getDeleted methods, i.e. can you use a comma-delimited list of object type names and get changes for all of them in one call?

My issue is that I need to track Account, Contact, and Product2 updates and deletes for my replication and I'd like to poll every five minutes, but will the WebService allow me to poll for different object types before the mandatory five minute delay is up?  This could cause some serious scheduling issues for my polling intervals if not

Thanks in advance.  I am using SForce Version 3.0 and Java1.4.2_04.

Eric

Message Edited by efletcher on 07-14-2004 11:47 AM

Greetings all,

I was curious if I'm just missing something, but I couldn't find anything about this in the docs.  Could someone step me through creating custom objects in SForce4.0?  I looked in the resources section, and maybe I'm just looking with my eyes closed again, but I didn't find anything that was, say "Custom Objects 101". 

My question boils down to, how do we create a custom object and, in doing that, do we create a new table in the SForce database to populate via the web service API?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up a data change polling scheme for data replication and was curious if it was posssible to specify more than one object type in the first arg to the getUpdated or getDeleted methods, i.e. can you use a comma-delimited list of object type names and get changes for all of them in one call?

My issue is that I need to track Account, Contact, and Product2 updates and deletes for my replication and I'd like to poll every five minutes, but will the WebService allow me to poll for different object types before the mandatory five minute delay is up?  This could cause some serious scheduling issues for my polling intervals if not

Thanks in advance.  I am using SForce Version 3.0 and Java1.4.2_04.

Eric

Message Edited by efletcher on 07-14-2004 11:47 AM