• 50 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Recently we got rid of our exchange server and moved to Gmail for Business but retained Outlook clients on our desktops/laptops connected to Gmail.

At this point the Outlook integration with SF stopped working. We are using Outlook 2010 and Salesforce plug in 1.2.148.9801. Is there a newer version? I am not sure?

Some users have the problem where they click on ‘Add Email’ but never receive the confirmation to say it has been added to Saleforce.com and certainly doesn’t appear in Saleforce.com even without the confirmation email.

Some users are finding that when they click the Add email button all that is happening is that the email is duplicated in their inbox in Outlook.

Is anyone able to help as its starting to become quite a problem.

Thanks in advance!!

Help!

I'm running Vista Business and using the non-profit edition of force.com.  I recently installed Connect for Outllok with default settings. My calendars sync every two hours.  I've noticed that Outlook is automatically resending appointment invitations after a sync, so folks get two meetings requests from me; before sync and after sync.

Outllook is also asking me after I send an appointment invite, if I still want to invite the folks I've added to teh appointment.  I uninstalled 'connect' and these issues are gone.

Thoughts?  Anyone else experinece thsi and fixed it?  Thanks.

Recently we got rid of our exchange server and moved to Gmail for Business but retained Outlook clients on our desktops/laptops connected to Gmail.

At this point the Outlook integration with SF stopped working. We are using Outlook 2010 and Salesforce plug in 1.2.148.9801. Is there a newer version? I am not sure?

Some users have the problem where they click on ‘Add Email’ but never receive the confirmation to say it has been added to Saleforce.com and certainly doesn’t appear in Saleforce.com even without the confirmation email.

Some users are finding that when they click the Add email button all that is happening is that the email is duplicated in their inbox in Outlook.

Is anyone able to help as its starting to become quite a problem.

Thanks in advance!!

I'm running the Outlook 2010 preview on a box, and at the moment it does not appear that the Outlook Connector for salesforce will run in it (most other Outlook plugins for 2007 that I've tried with Outlook 2010 do work fine). 

I'm just curious if anyone else can confirm the same experience.  Are there ever beta's of new versions of the connector, or do we need to wait for release that has official support for Outlook 2010?

Help!

I'm running Vista Business and using the non-profit edition of force.com.  I recently installed Connect for Outllok with default settings. My calendars sync every two hours.  I've noticed that Outlook is automatically resending appointment invitations after a sync, so folks get two meetings requests from me; before sync and after sync.

Outllook is also asking me after I send an appointment invite, if I still want to invite the folks I've added to teh appointment.  I uninstalled 'connect' and these issues are gone.

Thoughts?  Anyone else experinece thsi and fixed it?  Thanks.

I would like to sync my Outlook contacts to Salesforce in the following manner:

1. I have several Contacts folders in Outlook.  ALL of the contacts in all of the folders need to be synchronized with Salesforce at all times.
  2. I have custom fields in Salesforce that allow me to designate a contact as being part of one group of people or another.  For example, I work in politics, and have a "GOP" and a "Dem" checkbox field.  In Outlook, I do not have custom fields for the same purpose because I want each group of people listed in its own Outlook folder.

Does the Salesforce Outlook/desktop integration plugin have the ability to reconcile these differences when it synchronizes?

I don't mind doing a manual import of each Outlook folder to Salesforce, and in the process making sure I set each contact to have the appropriate Salesforce custom fields mapped.  But I only want to do that once.  I manage/create/change most of my contacts and activities in Outlook, and want the sync to be relatively automatic after the first pass.

Alternatively, can the plugin synchronize an Outlook category to a Salesforce custom field?  (E.g.: if it has category "GOP", synchronize the contact to make sure the relevant custom field is marked true.  Note that Outlook contacts would have multiple categories, most likely.)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  And if I'm massively over-complicating this, please feel free to hit me over the head and let me know!

Dan

Is Connect for Outlook available in the Developer Edition?

If not, why not?

How can someone with a Developer Edition become experienced with the product in order to advise a client?

• February 12, 2009
Currently we are experimenting with the outlook integration piece with SFDC.  Corporately we use the EMC EmailXtender service for archiving emails.
We have seemed to notice an issue with the Outlook intergration addin with the EmailXTender service enabled for users.

Is there a way for us to work around this?

In addition we've noticed that if we bypass our corporate proxy server then there is not an issue however we don't want to do that.  What configuration is neccesary and is bypassing the proxy server our only option?
Hello,

does anyone knows, when the Salesforce Lotus Notes Connector will support Version 8? We have customers that need this connector but are using the new Lotus Notes R8 Version.

Thanks for your help!
Jochen
We currently use Lotus Notes 8, and once the notes connector is installed, Lotus Notes won't open.  I have been informed by salesforce tech support that it is not currently supported, and they have no idea when it will be supported.

Has anyone heard any different?  Or, has anyone had success with integrating with Lotus Notes 8?