• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've happily used the data loader over the past year, but in the past 2 months or so, it stopped working for me.  I've attempted to uninstall the loader and have re-downloaded it and tried to re-install it, but I continue to get an error message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Sforce Data Loader.msi' in the box below.  Use source: [browse to folder]"

I assume this means that the last version hasn't truly been uninstalled, though I can't find any files that reference it.  My guess is that there's something in the registry that's tripping up my installation.  Has anyone else had this problem? 

If you have any suggestions for how to fix this, I'd be extremely greatful - unfortunately my IT support staff is as clueless about this as I am (frightening, I know).

Thanks in advance for your help,
-Cara
I've happily used the data loader over the past year, but in the past 2 months or so, it stopped working for me.  I've attempted to uninstall the loader and have re-downloaded it and tried to re-install it, but I continue to get an error message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Sforce Data Loader.msi' in the box below.  Use source: [browse to folder]"

I assume this means that the last version hasn't truly been uninstalled, though I can't find any files that reference it.  My guess is that there's something in the registry that's tripping up my installation.  Has anyone else had this problem? 

If you have any suggestions for how to fix this, I'd be extremely greatful - unfortunately my IT support staff is as clueless about this as I am (frightening, I know).

Thanks in advance for your help,
-Cara