• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My coding is a bit rusty, so please forgive any blatent errors.  I am trying to create a function that checks if a session ID has already been set, and if not, invokes the login() function:

public bool loginCheck()
{
  sfbinding.SessionHeaderValue = new SessionHeader();
  string sId = sfbinding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId;
  if (sId == "")
    return login();
else

return true;
}

If I call loginCheck() directly from a script, I get the desired result (always returns true because if the session ID is empty, then the login function is invoked).  However, if I call it from within another function, for example:

public string testFunction()
{
  if ( loginCheck() )
  {
  }
}

Then I get the error "UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService".  Can someone please help me understand why this is?

Thank you.

I am having difficulties activating a contract through the API. The documentation says to first create the contract in a non-activated status, which I am doing and which works. The documentation then says to change the 'Status' value of the contract to an activated status in order to activate.

When I try to change the status value to either the name value ("Activated") or the Id for the status from the ContractStatus set, I get the following error:

"invalid cross reference id"

If anyone has activated contracts before, some insight would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Margot
I have a set of API calls that work fine on my development server, but as soon as I move them to the live server every call results in the following error:

INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader

The User Session ID and Server URL passed to each server are exactly the same. What could be causing this error?

Margot
Hello,

I have a custom link that opens a page within the Salesforce frame (with sidebar). I want to have a button on this page that allows the user to return to the object that they were looking at before they clicked the link.

If I try to return the users to the Salesforce URL they were on with an ASP redirect, the result is the entire Salesforce frame within a frame.

Has anyone done this before, or have suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Margot

When using the API to create a new lead record, if we try to insert a blank value into a custom field of type "long text area", an error is returned.

If we change the blank string to a value (e.g. "x"), the new record is created without a problem.

Any ideas why?

Is there a way to pull records that have been moved to the Recycle Bin through the API?
My coding is a bit rusty, so please forgive any blatent errors.  I am trying to create a function that checks if a session ID has already been set, and if not, invokes the login() function:

public bool loginCheck()
{
  sfbinding.SessionHeaderValue = new SessionHeader();
  string sId = sfbinding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId;
  if (sId == "")
    return login();
else

return true;
}

If I call loginCheck() directly from a script, I get the desired result (always returns true because if the session ID is empty, then the login function is invoked).  However, if I call it from within another function, for example:

public string testFunction()
{
  if ( loginCheck() )
  {
  }
}

Then I get the error "UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService".  Can someone please help me understand why this is?

Thank you.

I'm using ASP classic to connect to salesforce.

Here's the code:
set sfApi = Server.CreateObject("SForceOfficeToolkit3.SForceSession3.1")
 result = sfApi.login(username,password)
 response.write result & "<br/>"
 response.write "Error = " &  sfApi.errormessage & "<br/>"

Here's the output:
false
Unable to send request to server. The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.

I'm positive that the username/password is correct.  I found a post that suggested permissions issues with this error so I tried correcting that but with no result.

any ideas?
I'm using the Office Toolkit within Classic ASP.

I have a sample applications working 'locally', that is via Visual Studio 6.0 running on my local PC.

When I try to run the same application on my server, I get the following error:

"The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context."

The Office Toolkit has been installed on the server and it appears that the correct registry entries are in place.

I have the following entry in my Global.asa file:

Do you have any ideas as to what the problem may be - and how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Bill Hayhow
I am having difficulties activating a contract through the API. The documentation says to first create the contract in a non-activated status, which I am doing and which works. The documentation then says to change the 'Status' value of the contract to an activated status in order to activate.

When I try to change the status value to either the name value ("Activated") or the Id for the status from the ContractStatus set, I get the following error:

"invalid cross reference id"

If anyone has activated contracts before, some insight would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Margot
Hello,

I have a custom link that opens a page within the Salesforce frame (with sidebar). I want to have a button on this page that allows the user to return to the object that they were looking at before they clicked the link.

If I try to return the users to the Salesforce URL they were on with an ASP redirect, the result is the entire Salesforce frame within a frame.

Has anyone done this before, or have suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Margot

When using the API to create a new lead record, if we try to insert a blank value into a custom field of type "long text area", an error is returned.

If we change the blank string to a value (e.g. "x"), the new record is created without a problem.

Any ideas why?

I am getting this exception when I am trying to retieve ID from "Accounts" tab in Salesforce.

"System.Exception:EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT: retrieve id limit reached"

Please can someone guide me thru the reason why this error is coming and also the work around.

Is there a way to pull records that have been moved to the Recycle Bin through the API?