• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are receiving this error message when trying to sync Outlook and Sforce using the Intellisync application.

"User information could not be retrieved from the main system."

When i search support for help, i get this response:

Solution Title: Intellisync error " User info can not be retrieved from the main system"
Solution Description: You will get the error "user info can not be retrieved from the main system" if you are trying to run Intellisync and you do not administrative rights on your local machine.

With Version 2.0.2.33 the user who installs and runs Intellisync needs to have administrative rights on the local machine.

We are running Windows XP Pro. The users do not have admin rights but i cannot believe that is a requirement to use the software. The application runs fine when logged in administratively, but giving admin rights to all users is out of the question.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks,
Eric 

Does anyone know of a best practice for locking down an opportunity after it is closed won? We want to prevent our sales people from changing the amount or name of the opportunity. Security suggests that I change the record owner but that will mess up our reports. I also thought about using record types and creating a read only page layout but it does not appear that I can make all of the fields read only.

My best idea right now is to create an sforce control that would change the record type and write the opportunity name and amount to a text field on the opportunity. Then display a page layout with that text field as read only and no other fields. Sounds like a lot steps. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

I have enabled the Web to lead functionality, however I want to retain the capability of posting the data to the already existing Access Table I have.

Is there a way to post to multiple locations after the Web to lead function is activated?