• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have an email service that processes the emails (creates Contact, Attachment, Task, etc.). It then uses a future callout to send a pointer (Id) to the Attachment that has been created to an external service that retrieves the attached file and performs some detailed processing not possible in Apex.  This external server then logs back into SFDC using stored credentials to update the Contact with additional data.  Ideally, I would like to just pass the session id of the Context User so that we do not need to store credentials externally (some customers do not care for this so much). 

When I use UserInfo.getSessionId() to pass a session id, the external service throws the following error: 

INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session
The external service works just fine when hardcoding a session id from a manually generated source (eg - an onclick javascript link that shows merge field for api session id). 

Is a session id retrieved in this manner (in an email service class with this apex method) not usable when attempting to use it with the web services api from an external server? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi,
I have a custom field of a standard object on a standard object.  In this case,  "Contact__c" (Lookup relationship to Contact obj) is on the Opportunity object.  When using the api to create a new Opportunity, I supply a valid Id for a Contact into the Contact__c field and receive the INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE error.  API documentation states that this occurs when "The specified change to a person account record type cannot be combined with any other field update.

This is not the case, as I am merely trying to create a new Opp. 

Am I missing something?
When will this be available? 

Now that EE can also run Apex code, if those orgs opt for it, the market for apex code solutions is even larger.  It's hardly manageable to put an incomplete package on the AppExchange where each installer will have to be contacted asap and walked thru some Ant/Eclipse code deployment hand-holding.  Especially not so great if the idea is to provide a nice, easy, lights-out free trial.
Based on the description for the Suspended rectype in the License Manager App ("... violation of terms or non-payment"), it would seem one could change the rectype if either of those situations occurs.  The question is, if this happens, for instance non-payment, and the app is 100% native, how can one disable or force an uninstall of the app from the offending company's org?  If not possible now, will this be available?
When attempting a SOQL query with a child relationship in Trigger context, I get error messages saying the number of rows were exceeded (different error msgs depending on if using direct assignment or trying SOQL For Loop).  When investigating in the Debug Console, the total number of rows returned is only 288.  According to the docs, it seems this should work, as it is less than 1000.  I understand that child relationship queries' results rows add to the overall row count, and based on the test data loaded, this 288 seems correct as far as the total expected parent rows + child rows.  Any help would  be greatly appreciated!!
Given that queries in Apex code are performed differently, is it possible to make the fields requested from an object variable?  As the documentation implies, a "bind" expression cannot be used.  If this is not possible by some other approach, it would be a valuable enhancement/improvement.

Also, is there a way to investigate the fields on an object (akin to a DescribeSObject) when a trigger fires?  Ideally something like a .js 'for ... in ... ' loop:
for(thisField in thisAccount)
{
    //do something w/ thisField.name
}

Thanks!
Have ported the Mass Create Tasks freebie to 8.0 from ajax beta and would like to add the email notification option.  The ajax documentation seems to indicate that I don't need to create an EmailHeader instance, but rather just need to set

sforce.connection.triggerUserEmail=true;

before the task 'create' call. Is this the case? I assume something is missing, as it does not work. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

p.s. - when done and with notification working, I will post this to appexchange, if anyone is looking for something similar
Unless I'm missing some key documentation, it appears that a developer using multiple dev editions/orgs to develop multiple apps (to keep things separate and clean, not exceed tab/object limits, etc...) has to register a different namespace for each dev org.  Is this true? Is there no way to associate all of an ISV's various dev edition orgs with single namespace?  Is this because each managed package can only be associated with a single, unique namespace?
Hopefully this is a no-brainer for a javascript HTML DOM wiz out there:

I have an s-control hosted in a custom web tab. To further complicate things, it itself contains an iframe that displays an .aspx page. I see in the source of the sfdc page that is displayed, that the iframe "itarget", which hosts the s-control has height set to 100% and width set to whatever px you chose when creating the tab. Is there a way to change this so that the content in the s-control can be displayed and span all the usable space without creating a second set of vertical scrollbars? Also, when the s-control does its thing, it will present more content (i.e.- returns some search results), so even if I can resize onload, do I also need to be checking the embedded page's length and possibly resize based on some subsequent event - like the return/display of more content?

If I have a binding from an external application, is there a way to post to the emailauthor.jsp servlet? Can I pass url and sessionid (and anything else?) as additional form fields in a POST request?

I've been able to replicate the form in an s-control, set its values, and submit it, but to be able to run as a process not requiring s-control to be loaded in a client browser (i.e. - run in a server-side function) would be ideal. i'm aware that i could get to the page via the frontdoor.jsp route, but even then, i'm programmatically "navigating" thru SFDC, rather than more efficiently just accessing the relevent servlet.

If this cannot be done due to design or security decision - it would be a great enhancement. Since email templates are not accessible via API, sending emails from external smtp is not ideal from content/template administrative perspective.

Hi,
has anyone else experienced issues with values provided via the sforce api when requesting the IsClosed field on the Case object? All values come thru as "False", even when confirming thru DataLoader that there are True values. Am using VS, coding in VB.NET. Filtering on client to show all, closed and open, but have done workaround w/ indexOf() of Status value to determine closed -- this is not my preference as it doesn't provide for good reuse for customers with different Status naming. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jan

Hi All,

I work with an ISV Partner who has a developer org where a managed package is updated / upgraded / tested and then uploaded "privately' to the exchange for a set of clients to install.

The orgs that install my package have the standard EE limits applied to them.

Herein lies the issue I have come across, whilst doing some development a new TAB was inadvertently added to the managed package and subsequently uploaded as a 'managed - released' package. It took the custom TABS within the managed package to 26.

This as you can see has caused HUGE implications across the current install base and for new clients. The package is constantly being updated / customised to suit clients needs and updates are continously being pushed however now that it has 26 TABS it will not install on any of the orgs as it reaches the 25 custom tab limit.

I REALLY NEED HELP BRAINSTORMING SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS!!!

As I see it there are a range of possibilities and I look to any sf reps / partner ops / product managers subject matter experts out there to let me know what is feasible.

IDEAL SOLUTION - Since the tab that has been added is not installed on any clients org (it physically cannot be because of the limit on the install orgs, developer org doesn't have a tab limit) - I'm looking for an overall package admin or someone that can reference or edit the package I have created and manually remove the tab from it altogether. It can be deleted from the salesforce developer instance altogether I don't care it's not needed at all! Support tells me it cannot be deleted but someone out there must have access to it!!

Is there a way to 'rollback' to a previous package version that only had 25tabs in it's managed set>? And then be able to delete the 25th tab somehow completely from the developer org?

Other options include:

Going through the LMA process and getting the application security checked so that it's contents do not affect sf org limits. This is obviously primary concern right now however the whole process could take up to 2-3 weeks which is time we don't have! This problem needed to be sorted out YESTERDAY!

Upgrading provisions on future clients and current installbase so that orgs can install apps with more than 25 tabs. (i.e. increase tab limit)

I really need to know if the ideal solution is feasible here as that would be well... Ideal. But I'm interested to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

TIME IS A FACTOR. There are new clients coming on board this week and next not to mention the current install base that is catered for in package updates so this really needs to get sorted out.

As always any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reads of this post.

Patrick

I have an email service that processes the emails (creates Contact, Attachment, Task, etc.). It then uses a future callout to send a pointer (Id) to the Attachment that has been created to an external service that retrieves the attached file and performs some detailed processing not possible in Apex.  This external server then logs back into SFDC using stored credentials to update the Contact with additional data.  Ideally, I would like to just pass the session id of the Context User so that we do not need to store credentials externally (some customers do not care for this so much). 

When I use UserInfo.getSessionId() to pass a session id, the external service throws the following error: 

INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session
The external service works just fine when hardcoding a session id from a manually generated source (eg - an onclick javascript link that shows merge field for api session id). 

Is a session id retrieved in this manner (in an email service class with this apex method) not usable when attempting to use it with the web services api from an external server? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a problem: we should fire a trigger after a file was attached to a custom object. Unfortunately the “after insert” and the “before insert” event on the Attachment object doesn’t get fired (but the after delete event does but we don't need that).

Does anybody has an  idea why? It can't be the code, it's just debugoutput. Or any workaroung?

• April 17, 2008
Hi,
I have a custom field of a standard object on a standard object.  In this case,  "Contact__c" (Lookup relationship to Contact obj) is on the Opportunity object.  When using the api to create a new Opportunity, I supply a valid Id for a Contact into the Contact__c field and receive the INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE error.  API documentation states that this occurs when "The specified change to a person account record type cannot be combined with any other field update.

This is not the case, as I am merely trying to create a new Opp. 

Am I missing something?
Have ported the Mass Create Tasks freebie to 8.0 from ajax beta and would like to add the email notification option.  The ajax documentation seems to indicate that I don't need to create an EmailHeader instance, but rather just need to set

sforce.connection.triggerUserEmail=true;

before the task 'create' call. Is this the case? I assume something is missing, as it does not work. 

p.s. - when done and with notification working, I will post this to appexchange, if anyone is looking for something similar
Unless I'm missing some key documentation, it appears that a developer using multiple dev editions/orgs to develop multiple apps (to keep things separate and clean, not exceed tab/object limits, etc...) has to register a different namespace for each dev org.  Is this true? Is there no way to associate all of an ISV's various dev edition orgs with single namespace?  Is this because each managed package can only be associated with a single, unique namespace?
Is there any way to get a custom S-Control to be displayed on the Home page layout?
  • January 17, 2007
Hi,
has anyone else experienced issues with values provided via the sforce api when requesting the IsClosed field on the Case object? All values come thru as "False", even when confirming thru DataLoader that there are True values. Am using VS, coding in VB.NET. Filtering on client to show all, closed and open, but have done workaround w/ indexOf() of Status value to determine closed -- this is not my preference as it doesn't provide for good reuse for customers with different Status naming. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jan
Any plans for .net version of the partner portal?