• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, when users are creating an account, I'd like to have a custom link in there that they could click on (which would open in a new window while keeping their account creation open behind it).  Is there a way to do that?  Thanks!

Hi, we need to show subscription revenue forecasting per month - for example, a 6-month service subscription for $4000 total, but for which the user would pay $666 monthly (and $670 on the last month). 

When I build this within one Opportunity Product, all $4000 is showing up in the forecast in the first Product Month, instead of distributing across the 6-month forecast appropriately.  The only way I can get it to distribute is by making every month its own product (Product 1 Month 1, Product 1 Month 2, etc.), which is unwieldy. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  (Also, it doesn't look like something Customizable Forecasting would help with this either?) Thanks!

Hi, when we go live we're planning to have users import/sync contacts to Salesforce from Outlook based on if users have marked the Outlook contact with a "Salesforce.com" category (and then using Intellisync). 

Question though: it doesn't look like the Contact's "Activities" tab from Outlook is pulled in (i.e., the emails sent back and forth to that contact).  It would be great if we could pull each email sent back/forth from contacts as individual activities on the contact record in CRM, so that users already feel like there's value in the CRM system thanks to their contact data being used in a more business-effective way.  Is this possible?  Thoughts on if it's worthwhile, gotchas, etc.?  Thanks!

Hi, it looks like Lookups aren't available out of the box - is this really right?  We'd really like to have a custom field on the Lead record called Campaign Source, which would be a lookup where you could choose which campaign the contact should be associated with (and this could also be autopopulated via import).  Similarly for Opportunity, Contact, and/or Account. 

What is the best way to get this done?  Thanks!

Hi, how would we send a mass email out to all participants in a campaign?  There are two places I can see to do this, and neither seems to do it out of the box:

1) From the Contacts/Leads screens, clicking the Mass Email link down in the Tools section.  There's no option for filtering based on campaign event participation, though.

2) From the Campaign screen on the specific campaign, clicking the Send Email from the Activity History section.  However, this forces you to choose only one recipient. 

Any tips?  Thanks!

Message Edited by ChrisS on 05-06-2005 09:31 AM

Message Edited by ChrisS on 05-06-2005 09:32 AM

Hi,

What's the best way to add parent objects of the same kind - for example, Parent Products (for sub-assemblies), Parent Cases (for bug-tracking), etc.?  I tried adding a field of Picklist type, but I could only provide typed-in values, not pull from the same table as parent...

• April 27, 2005

Hi, we need to show subscription revenue forecasting per month - for example, a 6-month service subscription for $4000 total, but for which the user would pay $666 monthly (and $670 on the last month). 

When I build this within one Opportunity Product, all $4000 is showing up in the forecast in the first Product Month, instead of distributing across the 6-month forecast appropriately.  The only way I can get it to distribute is by making every month its own product (Product 1 Month 1, Product 1 Month 2, etc.), which is unwieldy. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  (Also, it doesn't look like something Customizable Forecasting would help with this either?) Thanks!