• 25 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have the IDE installed on a Windows 2008R2 server which acts as a RDP server to our group.

So, we all run different instances from the same installation.

That works fine, but when we start the IDE after it was closed, it has lost all individual information (default workspace, password and token for our projects.

The installation path is, according to the Eclipse doc, read-only.

Any thoughts why that is?

• May 24, 2013

In earlier versions, the IDE kept the credentials of an org.

I installed the latest version and have the trouble that when shutting down the program, it forgets password and security token.

This is fatal, as when I start the program, it tries to log into the orgs which are not closed. Thus it can happen that I get locked out before I start my work.

How can I avoid that?

• April 20, 2012

In earlier days, the IDE kept the login data for the orgs in SFDC.

I installed Eclipse Helios with Winter '11 IDE. Suddenly, it "forgets" the login credentials and we had some trouble, as it tries when starting the program to login and we get blocked by the Salesforce org.

Can we switch back the store function for the credentials?

• March 12, 2012

I installed the latest IDE (V.23) on a Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit and found:

- Pulse does into install

- In the IDE, when I call the Software and Workspace Center, it advances to 20%, gets stuck and throws this error:

An internal error occurred during: "Initialize Control Control".
Could not initialize class com.genuitec.pulse2.client.targetcfg.ui.TargetConfigurationDebug

That seems to be Pulse. How can I fix that?

• February 13, 2012

I want to use the standard SFDDC functionality to disable a portal user.

To do this, I need a confirmation token as parameter in my URL.

How do I acquire this token?

• January 30, 2012

In our org, we have several partner portals.

Now we need to log in from contacts (VF page). But we cannot find the URL for each portal. In the setup we find everything including the login URL for each portal.

Were do I find this information in the schema?

• January 27, 2012

We need to mimic the functionalities of the portal assignment in Accounts and Contacts.

More or less we found all the rights and functions.

But we are still missing the right "Partner super user" for the portal user. In what object (related to the user) could we read that right?

• January 27, 2012

For different reasons, we needed to create a VF page to view the Account and Contact data. There we do not use the apex:detail tag.

Now we are missing the functionality for the "Work with Portal" picklist button in Account and Contact. How can we archive this functionality in our VF page?

• January 11, 2012

I am developing a VF page which uses data from several objects and should work as an empty form. As soon as I press the save button, I want to save and link the objects.

So, I have my standardController. The datafields of which work fine in my form.

Then I created this Controller as an extension and just have an Account from which (in this example) just show the inutField of FirstName:

public class MatchCheckController {

public Account account{get; set;}

public MatchCheckController(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

account = new Account(           
           FirstName='',
           RecordTypeId='01220000000Pn0EAAS'
           );

}

My problem: on my VF page, it does not show the inputFiled.

When I populate the FirstName with any string, this is output at the place where the inputField should be. But not editable and no frame around it.

What is the "official" way of creating a empty form with datafields in an extension object?

• October 06, 2010

My Problem:

I have a public form which I want the client to fill in once. It should not be possible to call this form again after saving it.

I did a type of nice routing which uses a variable "isClientRegistered" which gets set to true hidden just before I insert the dataset. Next time you call the form, I employ an action to check if that variable is set. If so -> route to a nice page...

My VF Page header

<apex:page standardController="Client_Profile__c" extensions="VFFileUpload,ClientProfileRouting" sidebar="false" showHeader="false"
  action="{!redirect}">  

My controller object

public class ClientProfileRouting {

Client_Profile__c profile {get; set;}

public ClientProfileRouting(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

profile = (Client_Profile__c) controller.getRecord();

}

public PageReference save(){

profile.isClientRegistered__c = true;
      upsert profile;

return new PageReference('/apex/ClientProfile_thankyou');

}

public PageReference redirect(){

PageReference pg = null;

if(profile.isClientRegistered__c == true){

pg = new PageReference('/apex/ClientProfile_alreadydone');

pg.setRedirect(true);

}

return pg;

}

}

I found, that after saving my object, it does not get refreshed when the client immediately tries to call the form again.So the flag seems to be set to false in this case. And subsequently, the client does not get routed to the narrative page "clinetProfile_aleadydone"

Question:

How do I make sure that the object gets refreshed anytime, the form is called?

• September 10, 2010

I wrote a visualforce page with controller on a custom object.

This custom object has a lookup field (Must field - Client__c), which needs a reference to a Contact.

Now I write my test object.

I create a Contact object:

Contact contact = new Contact(FirstName='FN_test', LastName='LN_test');

I create my custom object:

MyCustom myCustom = new MyCustom(Name='CustName');

Now I want to link the 2:

myCustom.Client__c = contact [.Id] [.Name]

When I just use the object itself object creates a compiler Error.

When I use the name, there is no exception, But the relation does not work.

When I use the Id, I get this error form my test:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, Client: id value of incorrect type: 003T000000SNDhjIAH: [Client__c]

Any idea why that is?

• September 08, 2010

I like the pageBlockTable as it allows me to create a SFDC style table and fill it with content easily.

Now I would need to format the cells or rows of that table depending on conditions. Something like set the background to red (of a cell or row).

How could I do that?

• July 05, 2010

I need to control the keyborad focus in a PageblockTable

I have a PageBlockTable and I am catching the mouseclicks to show some details of that entry. I should be able to control that via keyboard (up/down key). Can you tell me how to do that?

• July 05, 2010

I have a page organized with Tab components.

I need to control the Tabs from my program.

Is there a way to select Tabs from Javascript?

• July 05, 2010

I use a tab component.

Now I would like to do some work whenever the user selects the tab (I mean the tab label on top).

Is there a event which I can capture? I only find mouse events which fire when the mouse is in the tab area.

• July 01, 2010

I thought, that would be easy:

I use a pageBlock this way:

<apex:pageBlock id="pb2" tabStyle="Account">
      <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" id="pbs1">
             <apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi2">
                  <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2">
                          <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                                <apex:outputLabel id="ot1" value="Contact Name" for="ot2"/>
                                <apex:outputText id="ot2" value="javascript&colon;contactArr[0]['name']"/>
                          </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
                    </apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

I would like to have these outputs formatted according to the detail block of SFDC with the font formatting and the grey lines under the datacell.

I tried various options and it did not format.

• July 01, 2010

I want to catch mouse events (onmouseenter, onmouseover etc) and set variables in my controller object. For this, I would need to call the setter and getter.

Could you plse point me to a document(s) which explain how to do that?

Thanks

• June 24, 2010

This one is special:

I have a table and editor (input-) fields in the footer facet.

2 Columns, written in the same way (actually copied) with variable which are both Text(50).

One input object uses the style, one doen't.

This is the VF code:

<apex:column style="border-bottom:1px solid grey; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:5px">
<apex:facet name="header">Text 1</apex:facet>
<apex:facet name="footer">
<apex:outputPanel style="margin-top: 10px">
<apex:inputField value="{!Edittrait.Trait_Text_1__c}"
style="margin-top:10px" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{!trait.Trait_Text_1__c}"
style="{!if(selectedTraitId==trait.Id, 'height:17px;font-weight:bold', 'height:17px;font-weight:normal')}" />
</apex:column>
<apex:column style="border-bottom:1px solid grey; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:5px">
<apex:facet name="header">% Value</apex:facet>
<apex:facet name="footer">
<apex:outputPanel style="margin-top: 10px">
<apex:inputField value="{!Edittrait.Input_Value__c}"
style="margin-top:10px" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{!trait.Input_Value__c}"
style="{!if(selectedTraitId==trait.Id, 'height:17px;font-weight:bold', 'height:17px;font-weight:normal')}" />
</apex:column>

The footer in the  firstcolumn (which displays ok) renders to this:

<td colspan="1" scope="col" class=" "><span style="margin-top: 10px;" id="j_id0:formTrait:traittotal:traitList:j_id110"><input type="text" style="margin-top: 10px;" size="20" name="j_id0:formTrait:traittotal:traitList:j_id111" maxlength="50" id="j_id0:formTrait:traittotal:traitList:j_id111"></span></td>

The footer in the other column renders like this:

<td colspan="1" scope="col" class=" "><span style="margin-top: 10px;" id="j_id0:formTrait:traittotal:traitList:j_id115"><input type="text" style="" size="20" name="j_id0:formTrait:traittotal:traitList:j_id116" maxlength="50" id="j_id0:formTrait:traittotal:traitList:j_id106"></span></td>

Plse observer the style in the input element which has my style information in the upper case, but not in the lower case. Both are identical in the VF code.

Any ideas why that is? I have many fields like this, but all behave normal, exept for this. 

Latest update: It seems that this has to do with the amount of datafields in a table row. When I reduce it, the problem is gone, if I increase it, it can even occure that a columnfooter at the very begining drops the style.

The critical number of columns seem to be 7-9 columns

• March 22, 2010

I have a custom object which is edited in a edit form.

if((editTrait.Id == null) || (editTrait.Id == '')){ insert editTrait; } else { update editTrait; } editTrait = new Trait__c();

My question:

The update works, but not the insert.  I made sure that the must fields are filled. Is my if statement wrong?

• March 22, 2010

I am trying to debug a controller of a VF page.

The documentation is not really clear and specific about that, but I did the following:

1. I switched on logging. All types in highest settings (debug)

2. I wrote statements into my code like this "System.debug(LoggingLevel.Info, 'this is a flag... blabla');"

The debug statement does not appear in the logs.

Any hint, why that is?

• March 22, 2010

In earlier versions, the IDE kept the credentials of an org.

I installed the latest version and have the trouble that when shutting down the program, it forgets password and security token.

This is fatal, as when I start the program, it tries to log into the orgs which are not closed. Thus it can happen that I get locked out before I start my work.

How can I avoid that?

• April 20, 2012

I want to use the standard SFDDC functionality to disable a portal user.

To do this, I need a confirmation token as parameter in my URL.

How do I acquire this token?

• January 30, 2012

For different reasons, we needed to create a VF page to view the Account and Contact data. There we do not use the apex:detail tag.

Now we are missing the functionality for the "Work with Portal" picklist button in Account and Contact. How can we archive this functionality in our VF page?

• January 11, 2012

I am developing a VF page which uses data from several objects and should work as an empty form. As soon as I press the save button, I want to save and link the objects.

So, I have my standardController. The datafields of which work fine in my form.

Then I created this Controller as an extension and just have an Account from which (in this example) just show the inutField of FirstName:

public class MatchCheckController {

public Account account{get; set;}

public MatchCheckController(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

account = new Account(           
           FirstName='',
           RecordTypeId='01220000000Pn0EAAS'
           );

}

My problem: on my VF page, it does not show the inputFiled.

When I populate the FirstName with any string, this is output at the place where the inputField should be. But not editable and no frame around it.

What is the "official" way of creating a empty form with datafields in an extension object?

• October 06, 2010

I thought, that would be easy:

I use a pageBlock this way:

<apex:pageBlock id="pb2" tabStyle="Account">
      <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" id="pbs1">
             <apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="pbsi2">
                  <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2">
                          <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                                <apex:outputLabel id="ot1" value="Contact Name" for="ot2"/>
                                <apex:outputText id="ot2" value="javascript&colon;contactArr[0]['name']"/>
</apex:pageBlock>

I would like to have these outputs formatted according to the detail block of SFDC with the font formatting and the grey lines under the datacell.

I tried various options and it did not format.

• July 01, 2010

I want to catch mouse events (onmouseenter, onmouseover etc) and set variables in my controller object. For this, I would need to call the setter and getter.

Could you plse point me to a document(s) which explain how to do that?

Thanks

• June 24, 2010

I have a custom object which is edited in a edit form.

if((editTrait.Id == null) || (editTrait.Id == '')){ insert editTrait; } else { update editTrait; } editTrait = new Trait__c();

My question:

The update works, but not the insert.  I made sure that the must fields are filled. Is my if statement wrong?

• March 22, 2010

I am trying to set up a table, but it does not show the Salesforce standard formatting, as I had expected:

<apex:page Controller="NexTestController" standardStylesheets="true"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="New Version"> <apex:outputPanel id="newList"> <apex:dataTable value="{!Relationships}" var="rela" id="relList" rowClasses="idd,even" styleClass="tableClass" width="100%"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Id</apex:facet> <apex:facet name="footer"><apex:inputField value="{!EditRelation.Analysis_Perios__c}"/></apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!rela.Id}" style="padding:4px"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Analys. Period</apex:facet> <apex:facet name="footer"><apex:inputField value="{!EditRelation.Analysis_Perios__c}"/></apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!rela.Analysis_Period__c}" style="padding:4px"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Action Code</apex:facet> <apex:facet name="footer"><apex:inputField value="{!EditRelation.Relationship_Code__c}"/></apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!rela.Relationship_Code__c}" style="padding:4px"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Farmer</apex:facet> <apex:facet name="footer"><apex:inputField value="{!EditRelation.Contact__c}"/></apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!rela.Contact__r.Name}" style="padding:4px"/> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form></apex:page>

What tag do I need to use? 

• March 19, 2010

Can you tell me why, when I click the Edit or Save Link, it refreshes the entire side (including SFDC header and sidebar, if sidebar is not visible, it shows it and then disappears))

<apex:page Controller="NexTestController" standardStylesheets="true"> <apex:pageBlock title="Test {!selectedId}" id="listblock"> <apex:form > <apex:panelGroup id="mypanel"> <table with="100%"> <apex:repeat value="{!Relationships}" var="relation"> <apex:panelGroup rendered="{!or(selectedId != relation.Id,selectedId==null)}" style="border-bottom: 1px solid grey"> <tr> <td><apex:outputText value="{!relation.Id}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:outputText value="{!relation.Analysis_Period__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:outputText value="{!relation.Relationship_Code__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:outputText value="{!SelectedId}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:commandLink value="Edit" action="{!edit}" onmousedown="setEditorToLine('{!relation.Id}')" id="editbutton" rerender="mypanel"/></td> </tr> </apex:panelGroup> <apex:panelGroup rendered="{!selectedId == relation.Id}" style="border-bottom:1px solid #DADADA"> <tr> <td><apex:inputField value="{!relation.Id}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!relation.Analysis_Perios__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!relation.Relationship_Code__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!relation.Contact__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:commandLink value="Save" action="{!save}" onmousedown="setEditorToLine('{!relation.Id}')" id="savebutton" rerender="mypanel" /></td> </tr> </apex:panelGroup> </apex:repeat> </table> </apex:panelGroup> <apex:actionFunction action="{!edit}" name="setEditorToLine"> <apex:param name="firstParam" assignTo="{!selectedId}" value="" /> </apex:actionFunction> </apex:form> </apex:pageBlock></apex:page>

In my mind it should only refresh "mypanel"

• March 19, 2010

I need to do a table where I allow in-place editing.

What I am trying to do is to iterate through my table data and for each line create either a output line ( id="readLine") or a edit line (id="editLine"). They are switched by a status variable in the controller which keeps the id of the line to be edited. 

<apex:pageBlock title="myList"> <apex:form > <apex:panelGrid columns="1" style="width: 100%" id="panelGrid"> <apex:repeat value="{!Relationships}" var="relation"> <apex:panelGroup id="readLine" rendered="{!or(selectedId != relation.Id,selectedId==null)}"> <tr> <td><apex:outputText value="{!relation.Id}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:outputText value="{!relation.Analysis_Period__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:outputText value="{!relation.Relationship_Code__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td>

.... more fields ... <td><apex:commandLink value="Edit" action="{!edit}" onClick="setEditorToLine('{!relation.Id}')" id="editlink"/></td> </tr> </apex:panelGroup> <apex:panelGroup id="editLine" rendered="{!selectedId == relation.Id}"> <tr> <td><apex:inputField value="{!relation.Id}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!relation.Analysis_Perios__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!relation.Relationship_Code__c}" style="padding:4px" /></td>

... more fields ... <td><apex:commandLink value="Save" action="{!edit}" /></td> </tr> </apex:panelGroup> </apex:repeat> </apex:panelGrid> <apex:actionFunction action="{!edit}" name="setEditorToLine" rerender="panelGrid"> <apex:param name="firstParam" assignTo="{!SelectedId}" value="" /> </apex:actionFunction> </apex:form> </apex:pageBlock>

My intention: when I click the commandLink (id="editlink") it should write the relation.Id into the status variable in my controller.

My controller:

public with sharing class NexTestController { public PageReference edit() { return null; } private final Account account; private final List<Relationship__c> relationships; private String selectedId; public NexTestController(){ account = [select id, PersonContactId, name, site from Account where id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')]; relationships = [select Analysis_Period__c, Relationship_Code__c, Contact__r.Id, Contact__r.Name, Contact__r.LastName, Analysis_Perios__c from Relationship__c where Contact2__r.Id = :account.PersonContactId]; selectedId = ''; } public Account getAccount(){ return account; } public List<Relationship__c> getRelationships(){ return relationships; } public PageReference edit(){ return null; } public void setSelectedId(String selId){ selectedId = selId; } public String getSelectedId(){ return selectedId; } }

My problem: I do not get the Id from my link into my controller. 

Any  idea what is wrong?

Thanks 

• March 19, 2010

I am located in Europe and we format our dates this way: dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss

When I upload dates to SFDC, I get a dateshift by -1 day when I provide just the date. The date is ok when I provide date and time, but then I get a shift by -1hr.

Any thoughts what I am doing wrong?

Thanks 

• November 05, 2009