• 55 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The ISVforceGuide (https://na5.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_packaging_guide.pdf), page 97, says that I can install the License Management App by going to http://sites/force.com and searching for "License Management App." But when I do that, it doesn't find the LMA. How do I get the LMA installed in my production org?
I'm developing an AppExchange app. The app contains a Setup Visualforce page, a tab for that page, an app, a couple of custom objects, and some Apex code. There are two types of users: admins and end-users. 

Ideally, I'd develop one Permission Set for each type of user, and tell the person installing the app to assign the correct Permission Set to each user. However, Permission Sets in a managed package can't grant users visibility to tabs or apps, so they're not very useful to me. 

I can include two Profiles Settings in my app, and tell the person installing the app to assign the correct Profile Setting to each existing Profile. That gets me past the tab and app visibility issue. However, it's kind of lousy in that it grants access to all users with a particular Profile - it doesn't have the user-by-user flexibility that Permission Sets has.

Also, I've read that Profile Settings are not upgradeable. Does that mean that, with each version of the app in which the Profile settings have changed (maybe because I've added a new field to one of my custom objects), I have to include a new Profile Setting so that orgs that are upgrading will pick up the new permission?

Also, if someone installs my app, assigning the correct Profile Setting to each of their existing Profile, and then, later on, they create a new Profile, how can they apply one of my Profile Settings to that new Profile? 

Finally, is it just me, or does it seem like this is all very awkward? I expected that getting the right users configured with the right permissions would be a basic setup task for all apps, yet Permission Sets and Profile Settings both seem to have significant flaws. How do other app authors handle getting their users configured with the right permissions, tabs, apps, etc.?
I have to take my published Community offline for a while, and I'd like the "down for maintenance" page to include a customized message. Where I can make that happen?

I've tried editing the InMaintenance VF page, but those changes don't seem to appear when I take the Community offline.

I have to take my published Community offline for a while, and I'd like the "down for maintenance" page to include a customized message. Where I can make that happen?

I've tried editing the InMaintenance VF page, but those changes don't seem to appear when I take the Community offline.

I'm also seeing some odd behavior when the Community is offline. The Community Administration Settings pop-up tells me that the community is offline, and when I go to the URL for the Community, I get the standard "down for maintenance" message, but if I append "/login" to the URL, I see the standard login page, and I can even click the link to see the self-registration page. Why are those pages even visible if the Community is offline?
I have a VF page that is used only in Salesforce1. The page displays a list of items that is longer than the screen. When I view the page from a mobile device, I can scroll it, but the scrolling performance is different from that of a regular page in Salesforce1. In a native Salesforce1 page, when I swipe up or down quickly, the page keeps scrolling for a while even after my finger is off the screen. How do I get my VF page to scroll the same way?
I'm writing a set of VF pages, designed to run in Salesforce1, to allow the user to Find and then Add Products to a given Opportunity.

The Find Products page lets the user search for the desired Products, select them, then navigate to the Add Products page. To get to the Add Products page, the Find Products page has JavaScript that sets window.location.href to /apex/AddProducts, passing in query string params with the Opportunity Id and the selected Price Book Entry Ids. This is all working fine.

The Add Products page then displays a form that lets the user enter the quantities for the selected Price Book Entries. When the user clicks the page's Save button, the page correctly saves the new Opportunity Products (via a Remote Actoin call to the controller), and then calls the following JavaScript funciton, passing in the Opportunity Id as an argument:
function navigateToSObject(id) {
    if ((typeof sforce == 'undefined') || (sforce == null) ) {
        // Not running in Salesforce1 - go to the regular Opportunity list view
        alert('setting window.location.href');
        window.location.href = '{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, Opportunity.Id)}';
    }
    else {
        // Running in Salesforce1
        alert('doing sforce.one.navigateToSObject');
        sforce.one.navigateToSObject(id, 'detail');
    }
}
I've tried launching my Find Products page as a Publisher Action on the Opportunity object and as a custom button on the Opportunity page layout, and so far, it's doing everything right until the Add Products page tries to get back to the Opportunity View page - that's where I'm having problems.

On my iPad, when I launch the Find Products page as a Publisher Action, when the Find Products page tries to display the Opportunity View page, it's not recognizing that the sforce object exists, so it's setting window.location.href to the URL, and so what gets displayed in Salesforce1 is the standard browser-based Opportunity view page, complete with header and sidebar, and not the SF1 app's view of the page. Furthermore, the page is Opportunity view page displayed in the publisher action's pop-up window, not in the main SF1 app's window.

On my iPad, when I launch the Find Products page as a custom button, again, it doesn't recognize that the sforce oject exists, so it's redirecting to the standard browser-based Opportunity view page, complete with header and sidebar.

My questions:
  • For pages like the ones I'm trying to develop, what's the recommended way to launch them? Publisher Action or custom button? (In both cases, I'd really rather not have the action/button visible to non-SF1-app users, but I don't think there's a good option for accomplishing that.)
  • When a VF page is running in the SF1 app, what's the recommended way of navigating to a standard Salesforce page? I've seen several pieces of documentation saying to check whether sforce is defined, and then do sforce.one.navigateToSObject(recordid, 'detail'), but that's definitely not working for me. In fact, I've seen postings saying that sforce.one is buggy.
  • When a VF page is running in the SF1 app, what'st eh recommended way of navigating to a VF page? I haven't seen any documentation on that.

Thanks!

-Jeri

I'm still trying to develop a Visualforce page that will look like it fits into the rest of the standard Salesforce1 app. (See https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000AZRyIAO for my last question on the subject.)

I'd like to display an input box for a date value that displays a date picker that looks like the native Salesforce1 date picker.

I've scanned the Mobile Design Templates, but don't see any examples of how to create a form field that has a date picker that looks like the native Salesforce1 date picker.

I'd really like to develop a VF page that looks like it belongs in the Salesforce1 app, using Salesforce1 styling. Is anyone else having the same problems I am in trying to accomplish this?
Is it just me, or has Salesforce not released a stylesheet for Visualforce code developed for use with the Salesforce1 app?

I've looked through developer.force.com, and while I see lots of presentations with very simple demos Salesforce and others, and lots of third-party code (including components and stylesheets) in Github, I don't see anything that says, "if you're developing Visualforce that will be used in the Salesforce1 app, here is the stylesheet you should use."

I've seen the Heroku style guide, but that's general guidelines - it doesn't go the extra step of providing actual CSS styles.

I know there's more to developing VF for SF1 than just CSS styles, like components for page layouts (headers, footers, etc.), carousels, input fields, etc., and I've seen some managed packages containing these things that some third-parties have put together, but I don't see a set of standard VF for SF1 components.

Without this kind of standardization, isn't every app developed for SF1 going to look different - won't my org have apps with a mish-mash of styles?

If I'm building VF pages that will run in the SF1 app, what resources does Salesforce provide to ensure that my app appears somewhat consistent with the rest of the SF1 app and with VF pages developed by others?
I'd like to use Google Analytics to track page accesses in my Salesforce Community.

I see how I can configure a regular Force.com Sites Site with an Analytics Tracking Code, but that field isn't visible for a Site that's associated with a Community. Is there any way to use Google Analytics to track page accesses in a Salesforce Community?

I have Enterprise Edition, and my Profile is System Administrator.  I just refreshed my sandbox.

In my sandbox, "Communities" doesn't appear under Setup | Customize. When I use the Quick Find box on the Setup page to search for "Communities," nothing matches.

Why can't I find Communities in my sandbox?

Thanks.

I'm creating a simple VF page that will prompt the user to enter some information, then look in a custom object to see whether a matching record exists, and then either update that record or create a new one.

I need to expose this page to unauthenticated users. I'm wondering whether I should create a Community, and then configure it with a Force.com Sites page, or just create a Force.com Site independent of a Community. What are the pros and cons of each approach?

Thanks!

I'm tryiing to develop a Community that provides access to Answers, Ideas, and Knowledge without requiring authentication. I've created a Community and configured the Public Access Profile to give it access to the right objects and tabs, but when I try to go to the Community, it prompts me to log in.

I should be able to create a Community that exposes at least some content without requiring users to log in, shouldn't I? What's the trick to configuring that?

I'm developing a managed package that will eventually go through security review and be offered on the AppExchange. At that point, the app should be enabled for Group Edition and Professional Edition.

The app includes a Schedulable Apex class, and a VF page that allows an administrative user to schedule the class. Note: scheduling the job doesn't rely on the Setup | Develop | Apex Classes page being visible - users can schedule the job through the custom VF page.

Is there any reason this custom "Schedule the Job" VF page wouldn't work in Group Edition and Professional Edition?

Thanks!

I'm developing a SF app that interacts with a remote server via a REST API. The app's interation with the API happens in a VF page's controller, not via the page itself.

From what I understand about the Burp scanner, it sits as a proxy between my browser and the remote server, but since that's not where the API is being called from, I'm concerned that it won't find anything. How should I run the Burp scan in this case?

+ As described in the video on the SF Security page?

+ Develop a simple local HTML test page that has links that exercise the API, and then have the scanner's proxy watch as I click those links?

+ Through some other tool that monitors interaction with the server directly?

Thank you for your help.

- Jeri

I have a free AppExchange offering (managed package) that I released several years ago, before Salesforce's changes to the ISV program. My package uses Apex code, and works great in EE and UE orgs.

I know that for paid apps, Salesforce can enable the app to be installed in a PE org, even if the app uses Apex. Will they do that for free apps as well?

Thanks.

Jeri

My org has installed a managed package that contains a Home Page component that defines an HTML area. The HTML for the component defines an ifame that gets its source from a Visualforce page that's part of the package.

When I use Chrome to navigate to any page in my org that includes the sidebar (regardless of whether the sidebar is expanded), I get this error message:

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL https://pkgprefix.na5.visual.force.com/apex/VFPage from frame with URL https://na5.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

The error is reported at  SfdcCore.js:150

This happens only in Chrome. (I have version 21.0.1180.89 m, currently the latest version of Chrome.) Firefox and IE are both fine.

When this happens, the Home Page component doesn't display (if the sidebar is expanded), and if I'm on a "view" page (like viewing an Account record), the related lists don't display -- they just sit there empty with the "loading" icon circling endlessly.

Clearly, the domains are different -- the Home Page Component's iframe's src's URL includes the managed package prefix, while the top-level window doesn't. So my question is NOT "What does this error mean?," but rather, "How can I stop it from happening or work around it?"

The Visualforce page that the Home Page Component's iframe loads does contain JavaScript, but nothing that attempts to access the iframe's parent's window. The fact that the error is reported in SfdcCore.js and not in the VF page's custom JavaScript, leads me to think that the problem lies in SfdcCore.js and not in the page's custom JavaScript.

Any thoughts?

I have a custom object that has a lookup to Opportunity. On the field's edit page, In the new "Lookup Options" section, I can see two of the three documented options for "What to do if the lookup record is deleted:"

+ Clear the value of this field.

+ Don't allow deletion of the lookup record that's part of a lookup relationship.

However, I don't see the third option that's described in the documentation: "Delete this record also."

Per the documentation (http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Summer12/lookup+relationship+enhancements):

"Delete this record also Available only if a custom object contains the lookup relationship, not if it’s contained by a standard object. However, the lookup object can be either standard or custom. Choose when the lookup field and its associated record are tightly coupled and you want to completely delete related data."

My lookup field is defined on a custom object. Why can't i see this option when I edit the field? (I also don't see if when I create a new lookup field on the custom object.)

If my managed package contains a trigger on a standard object, will the trigger fire if the currently-running user is not licensed to use my application?

If my managed package contains a workflow rule and action on a standard object, will the action fire if the currently-running user is not licensed to use my application?

If my managed package contains a button that, as part of configuring my application after it's installed, gets added to the page layout for a standard object, will the button be visible to users who aren't licensed to use my application?

In general, what components of my managed package will be visible to or callable by users who aren't licensed to usee my application?

Thanks!

This question is similar to VF Email Template with a PNG Attachment, but for PDF attachments.

I need to create a VF Email template that creates an email message with a PDF attachment. The PDF comes from an Attachment to the record that is the relatedToType for the email message. In other words, on the RelatedTo object, I've created an Attachment record whose body is a PDF. That's the PDF that I want to attach to the email message.

I have to use workflow to send the email -- I can't use Apex, so I can't use Apex's Messaging classes to contruct the email attachment. 

I don't want to send a link to the Attachment record in Salesforce, I want the PDF to be attached to the email.

I'm using <messaging:attachment>. I'm pretty sure I don't want to use renderAs="PDF", because the Attachment record already is in PDF format -- I don't need Salesforce to render it that way. The body of messaging:attachment is a custom component that uses a controller to find the Attachment record. I've tried several different ways of rendering the Attachment's Body in the custom component, with no success. Do you have any suggestions for how I might do it?

Thanks!

I need to create a VF Email template that creates an email message with a PNG attachment. The PNG content comes from an Attachment to the record that is the relatedToType for the email message.

I've created an email template that includes a messaging:attachment with renderAs="image/png" where the attachment's content comes from a custom component.

The template looks like this:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Test With Generated Attachment" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Account">
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >
    <html>
    <body>
    <p>This email contains a PNG attachment where the content comes from an Attachment to the Account.</p>
    </body>
    </html>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>

<messaging:attachment renderAs="image/png"  filename="test.png">
        <c:Sample />
    </messaging:attachment>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

The custom component looks like this:

<apex:component controller="Sample" access="global" >{!thePNG}</apex:component>

The component's controller looks like this:

public class Sample {
    public Blob thePNG {
        get {
            if (thePNG == null) {
                Attachment att = [select Body from Attachment where ParentId='001E000000Lr7wW' and Name='Casey.png' limit 1];

// Returning att.Body results in an email message with a PNG attachment,
                // but the attachment can't be opened as a PNG
                return att.Body;

// Assuming att.Body is Base64-encoded, I tried decoding it, but
                // the email doesn't appear to be sent.
                //return EncodingUtil.base64Decode(att.Body.toString());
            }
            return thePNG;
        }
        set;
    }
}

Eventually, the query in the controller will be more sophisticated, getting the PNG from an Attachment related to the account record it's called with, but for now, it's simple. The point is that the PNG isn't in a well-known place like in a specific document -- it's in an Attachment related to the Account.

If the controller just returns the Attachment's Body, the email is sent with an attachment, but I can't open the PNG - it's not being sent as a valid PNG file. If I base64-decode the Body, the email doesn't even appear to be sent.

Given that the PNG is stored in an Attachment related to the Account, how can I include it as an email attachment in a VF email template?

Also, before you suggest it, I can't construct the email in Apex as a Messaging.SingleEmailMessage because the email has to be sent by workflow, not by Apex, to avoid the governor limits associated with the number of emails that can be sent via Apex in a 24-hour period.

Thanks for your help!

I'd like to use Google Analytics to track page accesses in my Salesforce Community.

I see how I can configure a regular Force.com Sites Site with an Analytics Tracking Code, but that field isn't visible for a Site that's associated with a Community. Is there any way to use Google Analytics to track page accesses in a Salesforce Community?

I have a custom object that has a lookup to Opportunity. On the field's edit page, In the new "Lookup Options" section, I can see two of the three documented options for "What to do if the lookup record is deleted:"

+ Clear the value of this field.

+ Don't allow deletion of the lookup record that's part of a lookup relationship.

However, I don't see the third option that's described in the documentation: "Delete this record also."

Per the documentation (http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Summer12/lookup+relationship+enhancements):

"Delete this record also Available only if a custom object contains the lookup relationship, not if it’s contained by a standard object. However, the lookup object can be either standard or custom. Choose when the lookup field and its associated record are tightly coupled and you want to completely delete related data."

My lookup field is defined on a custom object. Why can't i see this option when I edit the field? (I also don't see if when I create a new lookup field on the custom object.)

(If there's a better place to post this question, please let me know. Thx.)

I'm trying to figure out how to enable my new Winter 09 Developer Edition Org for Sites Developer Preview. I'm following the directions in Tutorial #8, Create a Public Web Page Using Force.com Sites (http://www.adnsandbox.com/df08/workbook-sites.pdf):

Step 1: Enable your Developer Edition Organization for Sites Developer Preview

Force.com Sites is currently in developer preview. As such, functionality is subject to change.

To enable your Developer Edition organization for Sites Developer Preview:

1. Open a browser and navigate to http://developer.force.com/sitespreview.
2. Fill out the new member form or use the existing member shortcut.

In a few moments, Force.com Sites will be enabled for your Developer Edition organization.
You can verify that Force.com Sites has been enabled for your Developer Edition organization by clicking Setup➤Develop.
You should see the link for Sites.

When I go to http://developer.force.com/sitespreview, I get a page where I can register for the webinar using the existing member shortcut, which I've done. However, there's nothing that refers to enabling Sites for my Developer Edition org. I've waited at least 15 minutes since registering (more than the "few moments" that the tutorial says), and when I go to Setup / Develop, I don't see the link for Sites.

How do I enable Force.com Sites in my Developer Edition org?

Thanks,

Jeri

I'm also seeing some odd behavior when the Community is offline. The Community Administration Settings pop-up tells me that the community is offline, and when I go to the URL for the Community, I get the standard "down for maintenance" message, but if I append "/login" to the URL, I see the standard login page, and I can even click the link to see the self-registration page. Why are those pages even visible if the Community is offline?
I have a VF page that is used only in Salesforce1. The page displays a list of items that is longer than the screen. When I view the page from a mobile device, I can scroll it, but the scrolling performance is different from that of a regular page in Salesforce1. In a native Salesforce1 page, when I swipe up or down quickly, the page keeps scrolling for a while even after my finger is off the screen. How do I get my VF page to scroll the same way?
I'm still trying to develop a Visualforce page that will look like it fits into the rest of the standard Salesforce1 app. (See https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000AZRyIAO for my last question on the subject.)

I'd like to display an input box for a date value that displays a date picker that looks like the native Salesforce1 date picker.

I've scanned the Mobile Design Templates, but don't see any examples of how to create a form field that has a date picker that looks like the native Salesforce1 date picker.

I'd really like to develop a VF page that looks like it belongs in the Salesforce1 app, using Salesforce1 styling. Is anyone else having the same problems I am in trying to accomplish this?
Is it just me, or has Salesforce not released a stylesheet for Visualforce code developed for use with the Salesforce1 app?

I've looked through developer.force.com, and while I see lots of presentations with very simple demos Salesforce and others, and lots of third-party code (including components and stylesheets) in Github, I don't see anything that says, "if you're developing Visualforce that will be used in the Salesforce1 app, here is the stylesheet you should use."

I've seen the Heroku style guide, but that's general guidelines - it doesn't go the extra step of providing actual CSS styles.

I know there's more to developing VF for SF1 than just CSS styles, like components for page layouts (headers, footers, etc.), carousels, input fields, etc., and I've seen some managed packages containing these things that some third-parties have put together, but I don't see a set of standard VF for SF1 components.

Without this kind of standardization, isn't every app developed for SF1 going to look different - won't my org have apps with a mish-mash of styles?

If I'm building VF pages that will run in the SF1 app, what resources does Salesforce provide to ensure that my app appears somewhat consistent with the rest of the SF1 app and with VF pages developed by others?

I'm tryiing to develop a Community that provides access to Answers, Ideas, and Knowledge without requiring authentication. I've created a Community and configured the Public Access Profile to give it access to the right objects and tabs, but when I try to go to the Community, it prompts me to log in.

I should be able to create a Community that exposes at least some content without requiring users to log in, shouldn't I? What's the trick to configuring that?

I'm developing a managed package that will eventually go through security review and be offered on the AppExchange. At that point, the app should be enabled for Group Edition and Professional Edition.

The app includes a Schedulable Apex class, and a VF page that allows an administrative user to schedule the class. Note: scheduling the job doesn't rely on the Setup | Develop | Apex Classes page being visible - users can schedule the job through the custom VF page.

Is there any reason this custom "Schedule the Job" VF page wouldn't work in Group Edition and Professional Edition?

Thanks!

My org has installed a managed package that contains a Home Page component that defines an HTML area. The HTML for the component defines an ifame that gets its source from a Visualforce page that's part of the package.

When I use Chrome to navigate to any page in my org that includes the sidebar (regardless of whether the sidebar is expanded), I get this error message:

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL https://pkgprefix.na5.visual.force.com/apex/VFPage from frame with URL https://na5.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

The error is reported at  SfdcCore.js:150

This happens only in Chrome. (I have version 21.0.1180.89 m, currently the latest version of Chrome.) Firefox and IE are both fine.

When this happens, the Home Page component doesn't display (if the sidebar is expanded), and if I'm on a "view" page (like viewing an Account record), the related lists don't display -- they just sit there empty with the "loading" icon circling endlessly.

Clearly, the domains are different -- the Home Page Component's iframe's src's URL includes the managed package prefix, while the top-level window doesn't. So my question is NOT "What does this error mean?," but rather, "How can I stop it from happening or work around it?"

The Visualforce page that the Home Page Component's iframe loads does contain JavaScript, but nothing that attempts to access the iframe's parent's window. The fact that the error is reported in SfdcCore.js and not in the VF page's custom JavaScript, leads me to think that the problem lies in SfdcCore.js and not in the page's custom JavaScript.

Any thoughts?

I need to create a VF Email template that creates an email message with a PNG attachment. The PNG content comes from an Attachment to the record that is the relatedToType for the email message.

I've created an email template that includes a messaging:attachment with renderAs="image/png" where the attachment's content comes from a custom component.

The template looks like this:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Test With Generated Attachment" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Account">
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >
    <html>
    <body>
    <p>This email contains a PNG attachment where the content comes from an Attachment to the Account.</p>
    </body>
    </html>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>

<messaging:attachment renderAs="image/png"  filename="test.png">
        <c:Sample />
    </messaging:attachment>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

The custom component looks like this:

<apex:component controller="Sample" access="global" >{!thePNG}</apex:component>

The component's controller looks like this:

public class Sample {
    public Blob thePNG {
        get {
            if (thePNG == null) {
                Attachment att = [select Body from Attachment where ParentId='001E000000Lr7wW' and Name='Casey.png' limit 1];

// Returning att.Body results in an email message with a PNG attachment,
                // but the attachment can't be opened as a PNG
                return att.Body;

// Assuming att.Body is Base64-encoded, I tried decoding it, but
                // the email doesn't appear to be sent.
                //return EncodingUtil.base64Decode(att.Body.toString());
            }
            return thePNG;
        }
        set;
    }
}

Eventually, the query in the controller will be more sophisticated, getting the PNG from an Attachment related to the account record it's called with, but for now, it's simple. The point is that the PNG isn't in a well-known place like in a specific document -- it's in an Attachment related to the Account.

If the controller just returns the Attachment's Body, the email is sent with an attachment, but I can't open the PNG - it's not being sent as a valid PNG file. If I base64-decode the Body, the email doesn't even appear to be sent.

Given that the PNG is stored in an Attachment related to the Account, how can I include it as an email attachment in a VF email template?

Also, before you suggest it, I can't construct the email in Apex as a Messaging.SingleEmailMessage because the email has to be sent by workflow, not by Apex, to avoid the governor limits associated with the number of emails that can be sent via Apex in a 24-hour period.

Thanks for your help!

I've seen a few headlines saying that Salesforce is now supporting checkout on the AppExchange, but I haven't been able to find any details. There was apparently a presentation about it at Cloudforce, but I wasn't able to attend, and I can't find the presentation online. Does anyone have any information about this supposed new checkout capability?

A couple of days ago I encountered an issue after running the apex test cases via the Apex Test Execution UI. Essentially, after trying to run all the test cases via the async functionality the Salesforce Org would have the Organization Administration Lock on and there was no way I could clear it.

As a result, any attempt to run another test case via the Apex Class UI would result in the message:

Organization Administration Locked

The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later.

Trying to save an Apex Class from Eclipse would result in the message:

Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: The changes you requested require > salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for > the previous action to finish, then try again later. (ALREADY_IN_PROCESS)

Initially I asked about it on Stack Overflow - Salesforce stuck in Organization Administration Locked state after using Apex Test Execution.

The response I got was that this is happening to other developers as well and that I should raise a support case, which I did (originally 07109567and then 07109712 was created separately by the support team for some reason unknown to me).

After about 30+ hours of not being able to develop or test in the locked sandbox orgs one of them was unlocked by support. I was told there was a known issue and to only run the test cases via the individual Apex Class UI. I should avoid running the tests via the Apex Test Execution UI or the Run All Tests button.

At this stage I guess I'd like to know:

1. What exactly is the known issue and where can I find the status of it?
  2. In the event that one of the several orgs I work on experiences the known issue what can I tell/ask support that will help them unlock it faster?

I have Contacts who sometimes have more than one role in an Opportunity, so they have more than one Opportunity Contact Role record. When I'm looking at their Contact page, the Opportunities related list shows the same Opportunity more than once -- it shows once for each Opportunity Contact Role that the Contact has. Is there any way to get the Opportunities related list to show the Opportunity only once, regardless of the number of Opportunity Contact Roles? If not, is there any way to get the related list to display the Role name? (I've looked, and I don't see any way to make that happen.)

Thanks!

Is there a limit to the size of either a request or a response when my Apex code makes an HTTP callout? If there is, what is it?

I know that I can only make 10 callouts per transaction -- I'm looking for the size of each individual callout.

This should be simple, but I'm having a hard time with it. I want to create a formula field that gives me the number of minutes between the record's CreateDate and LastModifiedDate. What does that formula need to look like?

Thanks for your help!

I'd like to be able to add a characters in a superscript font/format to an Event Subject, and then display it, both in a VF page and in a standard  page. I know I can't just enter a Subject that includes HTML tags -- they automatically get translated  into HTML entities like &lt;. Is there any way I can get a superscript into an Event Subject field?

Thanks!

I'm having problems getting my package to appear in the LMA.

• I created a managed package in a Developer Edition org, and uploaded it to the App Exchange.

• I installed the LMA into my production org. This is my AppExchange Publishing Org (APO).

• I logged into the App Exchange, using credentials from my APO.

• On the Publishing tab, I clicked "Your Organizations," and added my Developer Edition org as a "Linked Organization." My package then appeared in the "Your Uploaded Packages" tab on the Publishing Home page.

• On the "Your Organizations" tab, I added my APO as the "Current AppExchange Publishing Organization." 

• I created a private listing. I've filled in all the required fields on all the tabs, but on the "Your Private Listings" tab, the listing still shows up as only 52% complete. (There's no indication of what's missing or what I have to do to get to 100% complete.) Listing Type is "App." Status is "New." 

• On the listing's "Offering" tab, I linked the latest version of my package to the listing, and selected it in the "Select the latest version of your application" pull-down. 

At this point, shouldn't I be able to log into my APO, go to the LMA, and see that the App Exchange has created Package and Package Version records for my app? I'm not seeing that.

I'm shocked at how poorly documented this whole process is. There are a LOT of resources on the App Exchange -- documents, presentations, webinar recordings, etc. -- but they're often out of date, referencing tab names, links, and field labels that have changed. And nowhere have I been able to find a simple list like the one above that summarizes all the steps you need to take, and how to take them. IMHO, Salesforce should create one or two documents that describe how things work right now, and then DELETE all of the outdated documentation, webinars, and other materials from their sites. As it is, I'm shocked that anybody manages to get listings up on the App Exchange!

I'm developing a native application that I intend to offer via the AppExchange. It's purely on the Salesforce platform (no call-outs or call-ins), but does include Visualforce and Apex.

When my app is submitted for security review, do I have to provide the kind of documented Security Policy described on http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Requirements_Checklist? That link describes the Security Policy in a section  titled "Client (Desktop) and Composite (Hosted) Applications" -- I'd like to confirm that it doesn't apply to native apps.

Thanks!

Client (Desktop) and Composite (Hosted) Applications