• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When you sync tasks between outlook and sf, you cant relate a Contact (or Account) to the task?  Is there a non-manual workaround to this?  Since Outlook tasks have a "Contacts" button on them that allows you to link the task to one of your outlook contacts, I would have thought that this would already work.
A few of my Outlook calendar items, after I mark them for sync, come back during the sync process and say "invalid or unsupported record".  What does that mean?  Why would these items be an invalid record type?  They're just regular Outlook calendar entries.

Message Edited by ng30345 on 05-03-2007 12:03 PM

Sales transactions from our website come in and hit a sql server database. Can I somehow use the sforce data loader on an automated basis to find new records in that table, then goto salesforce and append that sales data onto that customers salesforce record?
  • September 21, 2005
A few of my Outlook calendar items, after I mark them for sync, come back during the sync process and say "invalid or unsupported record".  What does that mean?  Why would these items be an invalid record type?  They're just regular Outlook calendar entries.

Message Edited by ng30345 on 05-03-2007 12:03 PM

I've downloaded the sforce_connector PE and it works GREAT on most machines. On a few however, it won't install. I get a message from Microsoft/VisualBasic that says "Can't find Project or Library. Then it asks me for the sforce_connector password.
Has this happened to anyone else before? Does anyone know the password to the XLA? Maybe I can debug it on my own.
Neither "ttytytytyty" nor "sett" work

Many Thanks. Phil

Hello,

With the new sync funtionality, it seems that any useful identifying information (account or contact name) related to a task or event is no longer appended during sync. This means I have a dozen 'followup call' entries in my task list and I have no idea what accounts or contacts any of my events relate to. I know I can right click and View in Salesforce but this is hardly useful sync functionality.

I have logged this with customer support and have been told that my 'feature request' will be considered. I know that the previous sync mechanism using intellisync appended identifying information - this 2.0 release is a major downgrade in functionality/usability.

I am really surprised to not see more people complaing loudly about this issue. Does nobody else care about this?

Ian Lyons
  • March 05, 2006
Sales transactions from our website come in and hit a sql server database. Can I somehow use the sforce data loader on an automated basis to find new records in that table, then goto salesforce and append that sales data onto that customers salesforce record?
  • September 21, 2005