• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
1.  If I use Apex Code to create a web service and generate my own WSDL does this call count against my API limit of 1000 API calls in a 24 hour period for an EE user?

2. Is there any way for me to write my own login webservice in Apex Code so that I do not need to use the standard SFDC API WSDL? 

What I am trying to do is create a WebService that can be called by a legacy application that pushes data into SFDC using an Apex Code class.  Ideally I would only need to make a single call to SFDC.  At the moment I need to call two - once to login and a second to insert the data. 

Thank you.
Scott

I appreciate that for the moment it is not possible to package Visualforce pages. 

1.  Can you confirm that it is possible to use a packaged controller with a Visualforce page?

2.  Assuming the answer to question 1 is yes, then how would I modify this simply mark-up to call a managed package with a namespace prefix of ABCD?

Code:
public class Test {
String result='Click here!!';
public String getData() {
return result;
}
}

<apex:page controller="ABCD__Test">
<apex:form >
This is the test page.
{!Data}
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

3.  Absent the ability to package a VF page what is the best practice to secure a Page from inadvertent change?  It looked like disabling the "Author Apex" permission for a given profile would lock down the markup.
It appears that the "RPC" WSDL style is not presently supported by Visualforce.  Can someone please point me to the documentation on WSDL models supported by Visualforce.  More importantly what is the guidance for incorporating RPC-based WSDLs ?

We are presently getting the following error message.

Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unsupported WSDL style 'rpc'.  Only supports Dcoument/litteral/wrapped services.

A WSDL document describes a Web service. A WSDL binding describes how the service is bound to a messaging protocol, particularly the SOAP messaging protocol. A WSDL SOAP binding can be either a Remote Procedure Call (RPC) style binding or a document style binding. A SOAP binding can also have an encoded use or a literal use. This gives you four style/use models.  Add to this collection a pattern which is commonly called the document/literal wrapped pattern and you have five binding styles to choose from when creating a WSDL file.
1.    RPC/encoded
2.    RPC/literal
3.    Document/encoded
4.    Document/literal
5.    Document/literal wrapped

* Reference: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/ 

Is it possible using the API to create custom field mappings?  Specifically can I programmatically map custom lead fields to custom contacts fields or does this need to be done using the UI?

Thank you.

Is there any way to override the behavior of the Save button on a standard object (i.e., Opportunity)?  Basically we were planning on building an S-control that looks to see if an Opportunity (for a particular product type) is closed/won and if it is update a Boolean field on the Opportunity.  Unfortunately it does not look like it’s possible to override or hide the standard Save button.   Can anyone think of a work around other than outbound messaging to a hosted solution that will update the record via the API?  We are using SFDC Enterprise Edition.

Thank you,
Scott

1.  Can you please clarify the process for adding / updating / deleting a custom field other than the standard name field in a custom object.  The documentation states:"You must specify every relevant field in this object whenever you create or update it, especially fullName. You cannot update a single field on the object."  I am trying to figure out which fields are actually mandatory.

2.  Related question.  Assume that using the supplied examples I've already programatically created a custom object with a standard name field.  In a separate transaction I would now like to add a custom text field.  Should I use binding.create with a custom field or binding.update with a custom object?  

Thank you.

Can someone please confirm whether it’s still the case that the only way (using the API) to add an attachment to an email is via a template.  (I appreciate that this is advertised as an unsupported feature.)  Is there any work around to add multiple attachments to a template via the API?

Thank you.
Can someone please confirm the maximum number of API calls that an Unlimited, Enterprise, Professional (with token) customer may make in a 24 hour period.  I believe the limit is 5000 for a developer org - I am trying to confirm the limits for the other customer types.

Thanks
Can someone recommend the best practice for accessing data using using related queries and the partner WSDL in C#.  The supplied example (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_soql_relationships.htm) is in Java and appears to use the Enterprise WSDL. 

qr = binding.query("SELECT a.Id, a.Name, (SELECT c.Id, c.firstname, c.lastname FROM a.Contacts c) FROM Account a");
Test.sforce.wsdl.sObject[] records = qr.records;
if (records != null)  
   {
    bool done = false;
    while (!done)
       {
        for (int i = 0; i < records.Length; i++)
            {
            Test.sforce.wsdl.sObject so = records[i];

// snip...

I think the data that I need is in so.Any[2].  My question is what is the best way to get at this information?

Thank you.
I am getting the following error:

MALFORMED_QUERY: SOQL statements can't query related data

From the following code:

public DataTable SelectAllContactsFromSFDC(string SFUserId, string UserSessionId, string serverURL)
    {
     DataTable dtData = new DataTable();

try
       {
        Test.sforce.wsdl.SforceService Binding = sfLogin(UserSessionId, serverURL);

string sql = "select a.name, a.industry, (select c.lastname, c.leadsource from a.contacts c) from account a limit 100";
        Test.sforce.wsdl.QueryResult qr = Binding.query(sql);
                  // snip
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
               // snip
                throw;
            }

return (dtData);
        }

I am using the partner WSDL version 9.0.

I have tried this SOQL in the sforce explorer and it seems to work fine.

A more simple query of "select a.name, a.industry from account a limit 100" appears to work fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Thank you.

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a pretty insane project right now that has a very cool requirement. Basically, we're building a very content rich customer portal. For every user of the portal, we need to track exactly what Salesforce content they downloaded, links clicked on etc.

I don't believe Salesforce content API exposes downloads outside of internal Salesforce users so I was considering building a click tracking module for my customer portal. If I'm going to do this, now I need a place to store all the data that we're capturing from customer portal sessions. A few options I'm considering:

A. Salesforce.com record for every click/download/etc - While this will be the easiest to write the reports the client wants, I'm hosed on data storage as the site has potentially thousands of users clicking everywhere.

B. Create one salesforce.com record per authenticated session and store all of the clicks in a comma separated text area long field.

C. Setup a MYSQL database over on AWS and capture this data here. I'll have to then write my consumption reports by looking at AWS and SFDC but the store capacity is far greater than what we have at Salesforce.

If anyone has ever built something like this before or has any suggestions on how to proceed, please do let me know.

Thanks!

• April 18, 2010

Hi,
I am completely new to triggers and I'm hoping someone could provide me some sample code to show me how to do this.

I have a custom object with 4 contact lookup fields. On change of a field called Status I want to send an email to all 4 contacts and the record owner.

QA_Engineer__c

Release_Engineer__c

Release_Manager__c

Support_Engineer__c

Product_Release_Request__c

Thanks!

Hi Forum members,

I am trying to send a email via InBoundEmail Service .My Text file contains more then 350 Records,File size is 40 KB.

If i send a file with 310 records.My class accepts the file and able to further process as per buisness logc,So in this case when i m sending 310 records then
code part   " if (email.textAttachments == null) " returns false,
but in case of 350 records
code part   " if (email.textAttachments == null) "  returns true

So my emailservice is not able to process more then 350 Records,Though i have handeled the logic to process more then 2000 records inside the class but before this i need email.textAttachments as not null.

If anyone knows the resolution please reply ASAP

Following is the Code part
global class EmailExample implements Messaging.InboundEmailHandler
{
    Double GuestRate ;
    Double CostRate ;
    public static void test()
    {           
    }

global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.inboundEmail email,Messaging.InboundEnvelope env)
    {
        Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailResult();

try
    {                           
         List<Messaging.InboundEmail.TextAttachment> Obj =  new List<Messaging.InboundEmail.TextAttachment>();       

if (email.textAttachments == null)
        {   
             //Some code       
        }
       else
       {
            //Some code
       }
    }
    catch(........

Thanks

Nikhil

• April 30, 2008
Hi,

I understand that currently Visualforce is only available in Developer Edition for preview. Just would like to know when Visualforce will be released to end users and in which editions so that we can decide whether to use Visualforce in our application.

Thanks,
Marisa
  • January 31, 2008

Is there any way to override the behavior of the Save button on a standard object (i.e., Opportunity)?  Basically we were planning on building an S-control that looks to see if an Opportunity (for a particular product type) is closed/won and if it is update a Boolean field on the Opportunity.  Unfortunately it does not look like it’s possible to override or hide the standard Save button.   Can anyone think of a work around other than outbound messaging to a hosted solution that will update the record via the API?  We are using SFDC Enterprise Edition.

Thank you,
Scott

1.  Can you please clarify the process for adding / updating / deleting a custom field other than the standard name field in a custom object.  The documentation states:"You must specify every relevant field in this object whenever you create or update it, especially fullName. You cannot update a single field on the object."  I am trying to figure out which fields are actually mandatory.

2.  Related question.  Assume that using the supplied examples I've already programatically created a custom object with a standard name field.  In a separate transaction I would now like to add a custom text field.  Should I use binding.create with a custom field or binding.update with a custom object?  

Thank you.

Can someone please confirm the maximum number of API calls that an Unlimited, Enterprise, Professional (with token) customer may make in a 24 hour period.  I believe the limit is 5000 for a developer org - I am trying to confirm the limits for the other customer types.

Thanks
I am getting the following error:

MALFORMED_QUERY: SOQL statements can't query related data

From the following code:

public DataTable SelectAllContactsFromSFDC(string SFUserId, string UserSessionId, string serverURL)
    {
     DataTable dtData = new DataTable();

try
       {
        Test.sforce.wsdl.SforceService Binding = sfLogin(UserSessionId, serverURL);

string sql = "select a.name, a.industry, (select c.lastname, c.leadsource from a.contacts c) from account a limit 100";
        Test.sforce.wsdl.QueryResult qr = Binding.query(sql);
                  // snip
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
               // snip
                throw;
            }

return (dtData);
        }

I am using the partner WSDL version 9.0.

I have tried this SOQL in the sforce explorer and it seems to work fine.

A more simple query of "select a.name, a.industry from account a limit 100" appears to work fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Thank you.
Hi,

Urgent is required.

We have a situation where in we need to get 10000 contact records but in a batch of 50. We need to bind the datasource to a gridview (page size 50) control with paging. When we click on page 2 then it should get us only next 50 records and not the whole datatable from salesforce.

Thanks in advance,
Sidd.