• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Not sure if this relates to the Office Edition plug in, but it seems to be.
I've got a Workbook (Excel 2003 SP1) using OE to refresh a couple of SF reports. All is fine until I try to add subtotals to a worksheet. The sheet in question has no calcs, no data ranges, no links/references, it's just 120 rows of data pasted (paste special-values) from another sheet. After selecting range (A1:AB120) I add subtotals using the "Subtotal" option in "Tools" and Excel pegs the processor to 100% for 5-7 full minutes. Same thing when I try to remove the subtotals.

Micrsoft says to change the Calculation method to "Manual" and then add subtotals. This workbook is already set to Manual due to the shear number (400,000+) of formulas on other sheets within the workbook. I control calculating with VBA.

If I paste the same range of data to a new workbook, the subtotals are added in a split second. If I paste the data to a new workbook AND the workbook using OE is open as well, it takes 5-7 at 100% utilization.

Has anyone seen Office Edition cause this type of behavior? Any help would be greatly appreciated. These subtotals are the finishing touch to a 3 month project and are the last thing I expected to give me trouble. Haven't tried adding subtotals from VBA yet, but I expect the same result.

Message Edited by D Farns on 02-10-2006 07:18 AM

Message Edited by D Farns on 02-10-2006 07:40 AM

I've got an Excel workbook with 2 imported SFDC reports that the end user needs to refresh at will. A number of functions need to run after the RefreshAll is complete to calculate, format, archive on so on. Based on some helpful postings on this site I've set a reference to the SFDC.xla to call the RefreshAll from within a module. My problem is that while the RefreshAll method is running, control is passed back to the function. I'm looking for a technique to:

Cause Excel to wait for the RefreshAll to complete before moving on
or
A way to test that the RefreshAll is complete
or
specify the order in which the reports refresh. I could add a 3rd bogus report to run last and use the sheetchange event to proceed. The order in which the reports are listed on the hidden worksheet "SalesForceReportData" seems to have no significance.

Any suggested techniques would be greatly appreciated.
I'm pretty much a VB, VBA guy with little to no coding in SOAP/web services so hooking into the SFDC_xla is ideal. I'd love to know what some of the other methods do or what the parameters are. Where we not intended to program with OfficeEdition?

thanks in advance
D Farns
Not sure if this relates to the Office Edition plug in, but it seems to be.
I've got a Workbook (Excel 2003 SP1) using OE to refresh a couple of SF reports. All is fine until I try to add subtotals to a worksheet. The sheet in question has no calcs, no data ranges, no links/references, it's just 120 rows of data pasted (paste special-values) from another sheet. After selecting range (A1:AB120) I add subtotals using the "Subtotal" option in "Tools" and Excel pegs the processor to 100% for 5-7 full minutes. Same thing when I try to remove the subtotals.

Micrsoft says to change the Calculation method to "Manual" and then add subtotals. This workbook is already set to Manual due to the shear number (400,000+) of formulas on other sheets within the workbook. I control calculating with VBA.

If I paste the same range of data to a new workbook, the subtotals are added in a split second. If I paste the data to a new workbook AND the workbook using OE is open as well, it takes 5-7 at 100% utilization.

Has anyone seen Office Edition cause this type of behavior? Any help would be greatly appreciated. These subtotals are the finishing touch to a 3 month project and are the last thing I expected to give me trouble. Haven't tried adding subtotals from VBA yet, but I expect the same result.

Message Edited by D Farns on 02-10-2006 07:18 AM

Message Edited by D Farns on 02-10-2006 07:40 AM

I've got an Excel workbook with 2 imported SFDC reports that the end user needs to refresh at will. A number of functions need to run after the RefreshAll is complete to calculate, format, archive on so on. Based on some helpful postings on this site I've set a reference to the SFDC.xla to call the RefreshAll from within a module. My problem is that while the RefreshAll method is running, control is passed back to the function. I'm looking for a technique to:

Cause Excel to wait for the RefreshAll to complete before moving on
or
A way to test that the RefreshAll is complete
or
specify the order in which the reports refresh. I could add a 3rd bogus report to run last and use the sheetchange event to proceed. The order in which the reports are listed on the hidden worksheet "SalesForceReportData" seems to have no significance.

Any suggested techniques would be greatly appreciated.
I'm pretty much a VB, VBA guy with little to no coding in SOAP/web services so hooking into the SFDC_xla is ideal. I'd love to know what some of the other methods do or what the parameters are. Where we not intended to program with OfficeEdition?

thanks in advance
D Farns