• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have tried to add Products to Opportunities via the Excel connector, but the Pricebook and Pricebook Entry IDs are system generated and I can't seem to be able to add. 

The Error I received from Excel Connector was:

Insert Row Failed:
Insertion error

Any thoughts?

Hi ,

I want to display the records with some filter condition  when i click Add Products button on Opportunity . How can i implement this ?

Thanks 

Prakash

I'm finding when passing the parameters it fills it out correctly but seems to create almost another value. If I manually go and select the second value then the filter works, otherwise it's not seeing it correctly.  My guess is its something like passing report filters where for the first filter you use pvo.

I click my button on the Products related list on an opportunity. The button contains the below url
Ex:
https://cs14.salesforce.com/p/opp/SelectSearch?addTo=006c00000079xsa&PricebookEntrycol0=Product Family&PricebookEntryoper0=contains&PricebookEntryfval0=Consulting&PricebookEntrycol1=Global Product&PricebookEntryoper1=equals&PricebookEntryfval1=false&retURL=%2F006c00000079xsa

Where

PricebookEntrycol0=Product Family
PricebookEntryoper0=contains
PricebookEntryfval0=Consulting

However I get multiple Product Familys and the filter doesn't work. If I manually go select the second "Product Family" in the drop down the filter works. Should I be using different values?

Thanks

Dahveed

Hi all, In my company's system, account has four record type, that is, customer, channel, competitor,  SI partner.  when a lead convert, it is always using the default record type. how can I config the salesforce to do a select when convert? thank you.

my email is: saas.sun@hotmail.com
I have tried to add Products to Opportunities via the Excel connector, but the Pricebook and Pricebook Entry IDs are system generated and I can't seem to be able to add. 

The Error I received from Excel Connector was:

Insert Row Failed:
Insertion error

Any thoughts?
Having a hard time figuring the best approach to the following issue.

We have advertisement products of 2 different types: web and print. When adding a product to an opportunity, we need user to specify additional features based on the type of product selected. Namely, they should indicate the section the ad will go into. The list of available sections is different for web and print.

We thought of using the following features, but none brings the expected end result.

Field dependency - to have a "section" picklist on the Opportunity Product showing different values based on the type of Product. Would have been just what we wanted, but Opportunity Product isn't linked to most standard and custom Product fields...

Page layout - we tried creating 2 pages layout for Opportunity Product, one showing a "Print section" picklist, the other showing a "Web section" picklist. This would also do the trick, except that nothing but the user profil can drive what page layout will be used.

Could S-controls be used to create new buttons that would better route the addition of products to an opportunity ? For example, instead of a single "Add product" button, create two buttons.

Button 1 -  "Add web product", showing a pre-filtered list of products where type = web, and opening the Web page layout that includes "Web section" picklist.
+
Button 2 - "Add print product",  showing a pre-filtered list of products where type = print, and opening the Web page layout that includes "Print section" picklist.

Does that sounds possible ?

Any other suggestion, hints or tips will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks 
I need to assign different layout to parent and child account and I am not supposed to use "record types" . Can anyone help 
I am experiencing display issues with the Print Anything App in IE7. I am getting an "Object Required" error when the page attempts to load.  It loads fine in IE6 and Firefox (so I know it is not my use of the driver).  Is there a work-around for this besides reverting back to IE6 or using Firefox?

hello,

I download the application Convert with Record Type of the Appexchange, ant it doesn't work.
When I fill the form it print an error like this:

could not convert lead 00Q20000001vcK7sdfa
invalid convertedStatus: Closed - converted

Note: the status of the lead are Open - contacted

Somebody knows the reason?

thanks!!!