• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi There!

I am undertaking a web overhaul and will be integrating the website with SFDC. I am currently integrating directly with SFDC via the API in real-time; however, some developers have recommended replicating the database and then doing a nightly data dump into SFDC. Can anyone offer a compelling reason to choose one over the other?

I appreciate any insight into this matter!

Thanks,
Melissa
Hi There,
I finally downloaded the new PHP 5 toolkit, and am able to get everything to work, except creating a new lead.  From what I can tell in test, the line which it is getting caught up in, is the $result line. Please see code below.

$mySforceConnection = new SforcePartnerClient();
    $sforceSoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection($wsdl);
    $mySforceConnection->setSessionHeader($sessionId);
    $mySforceConnection->setEndpoint($location);
    $servertime = $mySforceConnection->getServerTimestamp();
    $myUserInfo = $mySforceConnection->getUserInfo();

$fieldstoinsert =  array('FirstName'=>'mel','LastName'=>'hedge','Title'=>'me','Company'=>'bc','Email'=>'mel@bc.com','Phone'=>'222','State'=>'TX','Country'=>'USA','Industry'=>'Tech','Status'=>'Suspect','Region__c'=>'central','LeadSource'=>'web site','Contact_Source__c'=>'web site','OwnerId'=>'00G30000000lXXX');  
 $sObj = new sObject();
 $sObj->fields = $fieldstoinsert;
 $sObj->type = 'Lead';
 $result = $mySforceConnection->create(array ($sObj));
I am trying to perform an update using SQL Express. When I execute the query, I get the following error:
Msg 7390, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
The requested operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "DBAmp.DBAmp.1" for linked server "SALESFORCE" does not support the required transaction interface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Melissa
Hi There!

I am undertaking a web overhaul and will be integrating the website with SFDC. I am currently integrating directly with SFDC via the API in real-time; however, some developers have recommended replicating the database and then doing a nightly data dump into SFDC. Can anyone offer a compelling reason to choose one over the other?

I appreciate any insight into this matter!

Thanks,
Melissa
I am trying to perform an update using SQL Express. When I execute the query, I get the following error:
Msg 7390, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
The requested operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "DBAmp.DBAmp.1" for linked server "SALESFORCE" does not support the required transaction interface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Melissa