• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

In our sandbox environment, we have developed some custom Apex REST API which were executing successfully prior to Spring 12 Sandbox preview.

But following Spring 12 preview, all the Apex Web services, exposed through the REST API architecture, are generating an internal server error when being called from an external system. We are not able to find the cause of the error since we do not have any log messages generated in system debug logs.

We have logged a case and Salesforce is still investigating this issue. Has anbody encountered this  ? 

Please find below the error generated when trying to call an Apex REST API from an external system :

<html>
<head><title>An internal server error has occurred</title></head>
<body>

<div style="display:none;" id="errorTitle">An internal server error has occurred</div>
<div style="display:none;" id="errorDesc">An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/_ui/training/help/pub/UserEdSolution?id=50130000000M9gH&orgId=00D000000000062">Salesforce Support</a>. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. <br/><br/>Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!
<table cellspacing=10>
<tr><td><span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 12pt;">An internal server error has occurred</span></td></tr>
<tr><td>
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/_ui/training/help/pub/UserEdSolution?id=50130000000M9gH&orgId=00D000000000062">Salesforce Support</a>. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. <br/><br/>Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!
<br><br>
Error ID: 688850227-38920 (-419261755)
</td>
</tr>
<tr><td>
<br clear="all"><br><br>

</td></tr>
</table>

</td></tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>

I am running a managed package that queries an established Webservice. 

An error occurs when my Javascript attempts to render the results of the service response, when I examine the SOAP response via Fiddler, I find the faultstring has been set as: "No Visualforce context has been established"--

So the service is breaking when the context of the VisualForce page I'm requesting is being built?

This issue does not appear to affect instances earliar than Spring '11

Thoughts?

Updated: Giving it some thought, I think the issue is probably not with the VisualForce page, but the method that is generating it, anyways, here is another post I made in the APEX Section with some more specifics: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Operation-APEXSOAP-Status-Internal-Salesforce-com-Error/m-p/243403

Hi,

I'm seeing a consistent and baffling problem with the calculations of FY (across several different organizations).  Has anyone else seen this, can you explain the behavior, or propose a work-around?

The problem is that FISCAL_YEAR() returns a value off by one.

To reproduce the problem:

1. Double-check your FY settings.  Let's say Sept-Aug for simplicity, but this holds across FY.  FY is named by Ending Month.
  2. With these settings, today must be in FY 2012 - we are between Sept 2011 and August 2012, which is FY 2012.
  3. Create a new closed opportunity, with a close date of today.  Logic compels that the opportunity must be in the current fiscal year, which per (2) is 2012.
  4. Note the Opportunity ID.  Open up the Developer Console, paste the following code, and change the opp ID accordingly:

AggregateResult[] ar = [SELECT FISCAL_YEAR(CloseDate) fy FROM Opportunity

WHERE Id = '006A000000GjODf' GROUP BY FISCAL_YEAR(CloseDate)];

System.debug('FISCAL YEAR IS: ');

System.debug(ar.get(0).get('fy'));

1. Check the output - it displays a FY of 2011 instead of 2012.
  2. I'm seeing this consistent pattern:  FISCAL_YEAR() is returning one fiscal year too low for all opportunities.

Has anyone else seen this, can you explain the behavior, or propose a work-around?

• April 19, 2012

Hello,

In our sandbox environment, we have developed some custom Apex REST API which were executing successfully prior to Spring 12 Sandbox preview.

But following Spring 12 preview, all the Apex Web services, exposed through the REST API architecture, are generating an internal server error when being called from an external system. We are not able to find the cause of the error since we do not have any log messages generated in system debug logs.

We have logged a case and Salesforce is still investigating this issue. Has anbody encountered this  ? 

Please find below the error generated when trying to call an Apex REST API from an external system :

<html>
<head><title>An internal server error has occurred</title></head>
<body>

<div style="display:none;" id="errorTitle">An internal server error has occurred</div>
<div style="display:none;" id="errorDesc">An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/_ui/training/help/pub/UserEdSolution?id=50130000000M9gH&orgId=00D000000000062">Salesforce Support</a>. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. <br/><br/>Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!
<table cellspacing=10>
<tr><td><span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 12pt;">An internal server error has occurred</span></td></tr>
<tr><td>
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/_ui/training/help/pub/UserEdSolution?id=50130000000M9gH&orgId=00D000000000062">Salesforce Support</a>. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. <br/><br/>Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!
<br><br>
Error ID: 688850227-38920 (-419261755)
</td>
</tr>
<tr><td>
<br clear="all"><br><br>

</td></tr>
</table>

</td></tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>

I am running a managed package that queries an established Webservice. 

An error occurs when my Javascript attempts to render the results of the service response, when I examine the SOAP response via Fiddler, I find the faultstring has been set as: "No Visualforce context has been established"--

So the service is breaking when the context of the VisualForce page I'm requesting is being built?

This issue does not appear to affect instances earliar than Spring '11

Thoughts?

Updated: Giving it some thought, I think the issue is probably not with the VisualForce page, but the method that is generating it, anyways, here is another post I made in the APEX Section with some more specifics: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Operation-APEXSOAP-Status-Internal-Salesforce-com-Error/m-p/243403

I have a batch job that runs in several production orgs. It has run fine, twice a day, for several weeks now. However, in a few of the orgs in which it runs, I've started getting the error "Unable to write to any of the ACS stores in the alloted time." What does this error mean, why am I getting it, and what can I do about it?

Thanks--

• September 14, 2010
I'm just starting with the @future tag and added a future call to a Contact after insert trigger I've got. I added a call to a method which I plan to have geocode the Contact based on address, via a call out to google's geocoding service.

My method is very simple right now:
Code:
public class dataAugmentation { 
 @future
 public static void augmentAddresses(List<id> contactIdsToAugment) {
  List<Contact> ContactsToBeUpdated = new List<Contact>();
  for (Contact thisContact : [Select Id, OtherStreet,OtherCity,OtherState,OtherPostalCode,OtherCountry from Contact where Id IN :contactIdsToAugment]) { 
    thisContact.OtherCountry='Zanzibar';
    ContactsToBeUpdated.add(thisContact);

//callout to web service
   //thisContactToAugment.Country='Zanzibar';
  }  
  update ContactsToBeUpdated;  
 }
}

My code compiles and runs in the UI, but the future action (Country updated to 'Zanzibar') hasn't happened after an hour. When I try to modify the class that contains the future method, I get this error in the IDE:

Batchable class has jobs pending or in progress
dataAugmentation.cls
Winter 09 Preview/src/unpackaged/classes
line 1
Force.com save problem

I couldn't find any documentation about how future calls get batched and run, but if I had to interpret this error message I would guess that my updates are sitting in a queue waiting to run, and while that is happening, I can't modify the class.

Is that what is going on? Are there ways to monitor what future calls are waiting for execution?

Thanks,
Steve

I use the metadata API to download all of my page layouts:

$ perl md.pl -m retrieve -f test.zip Layout

(this command downloads all page layouts, and nothing else)

I then immediately re-upload test.zip using "deploy", not having edited it in any way:

$ perl md.pl -m deploy -f test.zip

This usually works, but in certain orgs it fails with an error like this:

Code:
<messages>
 <changed>false</changed>
 <created>false</created>
 <deleted>false</deleted>
 <fileName>unpackaged/layouts/Account-Person Account Layout.layout</fileName>
 <fullName>Account-Person Account Layout</fullName>
 <problem>Layout must contain an item for required layout field: ParentId</problem>
 <success>false</success>
</messages>

If I log in to the user interface, I don't even see this "Person Account Layout" listed in the Account Page Layout section.

It seems like there is a broken Page Layout "hiding" in the org, which is nonetheless downloaded via "retrieve", and then kills any "deploy" attempt.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Looking at the page layout XML, there is nothing obviously wrong with it.

• August 25, 2008
Has anyone had any success in deploying CustomField changes to the User or Task standard objects using the Force.com IDE?

For the User object, I'm getting the following error message:
  unable to obtain exclusive access to this record

For the Task object, I'm getting the following error messages:
  Field 'Subject' in 'Task' is not a picklist field
  Entity Enumeration Or ID: bad value for restricted picklist field: Task

I have been able to deploy changes on the Account and Opportunity, but have been unsuccessful in deploying to User and Task objects.

Thanks
How do i resolve this...This is my code...I am sending an XML to an endpoint n number of times(its in a for loop)...Cant i do that?

public PageReference saveUsers() {
String[] listOfSelectedUsers = getUsers();
String domainId = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('ex');
for(String presentVar: listOfSelectedUsers)
{

Http h = new Http();
HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
req.setEndpoint('http://84.40.30.147/cm/spws');
req.setMethod('POST');

TestExtranet__c extranet = [select Extranet_Name__c from TestExtranet__c where id = :domainId];
Lead lead = [select id,firstname,lastname,email from Lead where id = :presentVar];
String requestXML = buildXMLRequest('createUser',extranet.Extranet_Name__c,lead.id,lead.firstname,lead.lastname,lead.email);

req.setBody(requestXML);
HttpResponse res = h.send(req);
XmlStreamReader reader = res.getXmlStreamReader();
boolean errorExists = parseResponseForError(reader);
if(!errorExists)
{
Extranet_User_Mapping__c mapping = new Extranet_User_Mapping__c();
mapping.Extranet_Id__c = domainId;
mapping.Leads__c = presentVar;
insert mapping;
}else
{

}

}
PageReference userConfPage = new PageReference('/apex/userConfirmation?ex='+ System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('ex'));
return Page.userConfirmation;
}