• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We've integrated the SFDC APIs into our java applet.  What I'm trying to do is minimize the around of configuration information that we have to retain for a user. 

My question is there a way from the API to determine my instance?  i.e. 'na1, na2, etc.' when I build my URL to pop screens?

We've looking in the API and we don't see it in the user or binding objects.

This is a sample URL that were using.

Well, I can update records and extract them but I'm having a problem deleting them

BTW, this is happening on the windows & linux command line programs BUT doesn't happen when I use the GUI version!

I run an extract to generate a .csv file I want to use for delete.  I have a good .sdl file and the .csv file generated from the extract will run deletes when using the GUI version of the data loading too.

The password is passed in on the command line...

I'm using the Id to delete the records. 

SDL file
=================
#Mapping values
#Thu Apr 20 15:59:40 PDT 2006
ID=Id

config.properties
==================
#Loader Config
password=
outputError=error.csv
extractionSOQL=
queryRequestSize=500
username=xxxxxx@xxx.com
endpoint=
extractionTarget=daily_calls_extract.csv
mappingFile=daily_calls_delete.sdl
operation=delete
entity=Daily_Calls__c
assignmentRule=
dataAccessObject=daily_calls_extract.csv
batchSize=200
lastBatchRow=0
outputSuccess=
rowToStartAt=0
outputDirectory=
insertNulls=false

Sample from the .csv file
=====================
"ID"
"a0730000000VshsAAC"
"a0730000000VshtAAC"

Anyone here have any ideas?

Trace from the command line too.
===============================

at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.describeSObject(SoapBindingStub.java:1170)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.client.PartnerClient.setFieldTypes(PartnerClient.java:343)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.controller.LoaderController.setFieldTypes(LoaderController.java:109)
        at LoaderEngineRunner.main(LoaderEngineRunner.java:105)
2145 [main] INFO LoaderEngineRunner  - Creating Map
2153 [main] INFO LoaderEngineRunner  - About to perform delete
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.controller.LoaderController.executeAction(LoaderController.java:103)
        at LoaderEngineRunner.main(LoaderEngineRunner.java:115)
[root@tiger download]#

If I create custom objects and reports for those objects can they/will they show up in the Mobile Solution/off line addition.

Nothing fancy here.  Just some additional tables & reports.

I read the 1 page PDF about the moble solution and it really doesn't say too much.

Thanks

Just wondering if the dataloader can be run on a red hat Linux system?

I have a java applet that can push a URL to a browser. I've collected the Case number 00001000 via the telephone and now I'm trying to figure out how to build a URL that will display it on the salesforce.com page.

I noticed on the Custome link page the sample custom link "https://na1.salesforce.com/opp/oppedit.jsp?accid={!Account_ID}&opp3=Up-sell+/+Cross-sell&opp5=Existing+Customer&opp6=Customer+Support"

refers to a '/opp/oppedit.jsp'

If I could find the equivilent for a case I would have what I'm looking for

This is my first post and I did do a search of the archives prior to posting this.

Cheers,

Rick
www.transerainc.com
Hey guys,
Here's what we're trying to do:

Query and send 9 tables from SF backend using the dataloader. This will need to be a nightly job for 9 different tables :user, account, contact, opportunity, opportunitylineitem,opportunitycontactrole, pricebook2, pricebookentry, product2.

If we have a link or url where these 9 tables can be uploaded, how do i do this? I know there is a command line interface but we are not familiar with using a cmd line interface. Our backend is an Oracle 9i and 11i app for our ERP ebusiness suite of modules. There 9 tables will ultimatelty be loaded into production. Please help! we're stuck!

Thanks again,

B
  • July 20, 2006

We've integrated the SFDC APIs into our java applet.  What I'm trying to do is minimize the around of configuration information that we have to retain for a user. 

My question is there a way from the API to determine my instance?  i.e. 'na1, na2, etc.' when I build my URL to pop screens?

We've looking in the API and we don't see it in the user or binding objects.

This is a sample URL that were using.

Well, I can update records and extract them but I'm having a problem deleting them

BTW, this is happening on the windows & linux command line programs BUT doesn't happen when I use the GUI version!

I run an extract to generate a .csv file I want to use for delete.  I have a good .sdl file and the .csv file generated from the extract will run deletes when using the GUI version of the data loading too.

The password is passed in on the command line...

I'm using the Id to delete the records. 

SDL file
=================
#Mapping values
#Thu Apr 20 15:59:40 PDT 2006
ID=Id

config.properties
==================
#Loader Config
password=
outputError=error.csv
extractionSOQL=
queryRequestSize=500
username=xxxxxx@xxx.com
endpoint=
extractionTarget=daily_calls_extract.csv
mappingFile=daily_calls_delete.sdl
operation=delete
entity=Daily_Calls__c
assignmentRule=
dataAccessObject=daily_calls_extract.csv
batchSize=200
lastBatchRow=0
outputSuccess=
rowToStartAt=0
outputDirectory=
insertNulls=false

Sample from the .csv file
=====================
"ID"
"a0730000000VshsAAC"
"a0730000000VshtAAC"

Anyone here have any ideas?

Trace from the command line too.
===============================

at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.describeSObject(SoapBindingStub.java:1170)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.client.PartnerClient.setFieldTypes(PartnerClient.java:343)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.controller.LoaderController.setFieldTypes(LoaderController.java:109)
        at LoaderEngineRunner.main(LoaderEngineRunner.java:105)
2145 [main] INFO LoaderEngineRunner  - Creating Map
2153 [main] INFO LoaderEngineRunner  - About to perform delete
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.controller.LoaderController.executeAction(LoaderController.java:103)
        at LoaderEngineRunner.main(LoaderEngineRunner.java:115)
[root@tiger download]#

I want to know what is the best way to call a web service from Salesforce.
The process involves
From an Contact SF page...
1.Call a webservice that I host in my webserver
2.Creating a task associated with the contact based on the webservice result

Also
What the best way to authenticate in my web service
1 - Should I create a UsernameWs/PasswordWs Field in the User Object and pass it
or
2 - pass the sessionId
Just wondering if the dataloader can be run on a red hat Linux system?

We have several custom fields in Account that indicate sales rep "users" attached to an account. The reps manage their product lines. I would like to create a report that uses currently logged User in report criteria to filter our accounts.

Is this possible?

Hitesh
  • January 30, 2006
I have a java applet that can push a URL to a browser. I've collected the Case number 00001000 via the telephone and now I'm trying to figure out how to build a URL that will display it on the salesforce.com page.

I noticed on the Custome link page the sample custom link "https://na1.salesforce.com/opp/oppedit.jsp?accid={!Account_ID}&opp3=Up-sell+/+Cross-sell&opp5=Existing+Customer&opp6=Customer+Support"

refers to a '/opp/oppedit.jsp'

If I could find the equivilent for a case I would have what I'm looking for

This is my first post and I did do a search of the archives prior to posting this.

Cheers,

Rick
www.transerainc.com